|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) To marry Bess
(b) To join the Army
(c) He was fired
(d) To help the family with the farm.
2. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Bess Wallace
(b) Mary Jane Truman
(c) Margaret Truman
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
3. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Harry Truman
(b) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
(c) Adlai Stevenson
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
4. What sort of equality did Truman support for Negroes?
(a) Financial only, not social
(b) Legal equality, but not social equality.
(c) He did not support any equality for Negroes
(d) Complete equality
5. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(b) The name Truman gave his old car
(c) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(d) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
2. What was Truman's attitude towards running for Vice President?
3. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
4. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
5. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)