|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(a) 50 lbs
(c) 2 lbs
(d) 20 lbs
2. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
(a) Western Pennsylvania
(b) Western Missouri
(c) Southern Georgia
3. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1890 Mercedes
(b) 1911 Stafford
(c) 1929 Ford Model T
(d) 1910 Volkswagon
4. What two political positions did Truman want before he was allowed to run for Senate?
(a) Mayor of Lamar and Mayor of Independence
(b) Mayor of Independence and Governor of Illinois
(c) Governor of Missouri and Congressman from Missouri
(d) Governor of MIssouri and Mayor fo Independence
5. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Adlai Stevenson
(b) Harry Truman
(c) Teddy Roosevelt
(d) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
2. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
3. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
4. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
5. Harry Truman always carried a favorite poem in his wallet. What was that poem and the author?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)