|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interest did Harry and his father share?
(a) Fishing and hunting
(d) Watching tv
2. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Good spelling
(b) Good penmanship
(c) Finding the correct pen
(d) Good grammar
3. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
(a) Henry Wallace
(b) Richard Nixon
(c) George Bush Sr.
(d) Andrew Jackson
4. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(c) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(d) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
5. Where was Harry S Truman born?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) Santa Fe, NM
(c) Independence, MO
(d) Lamar, MO
Short Answer Questions
1. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
2. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
3. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
4. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
5. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)