|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Truman Committee saved the U.S. taxpayers a great deal of money. What is the estimated amount mentioned in the book?
(a) $1 million
(c) $15 billion
(d) $3 million
2. What pivotal event occurred on December 7, 1941?
(a) President Roosevelt died
(b) Margaret Truman was born
(c) Japan bombed the USA Fleet at Pearl Harbor
(d) Germany surrendered
3. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
(a) Hares and Turtles
(b) Goats and Rabbits
(c) Rats and Pigs
(d) Donkeys and Elephants
4. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
(a) New York
5. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
(a) He allowed his hair to grow past his shoulders
(b) He began wearing his now famous bow ties instead of a necktie
(c) He began wearing jeans
(d) He stopped wearing his glasses
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
2. What was the Canol Project?
3. What was Roosevelt's continuing admonition to his departments regarding defense production in 1941?
4. Where was Harry S Truman born?
5. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast? .
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)