|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
(b) Murder and rape
(c) Tax evasion
2. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
(a) He allowed his hair to grow past his shoulders
(b) He began wearing his now famous bow ties instead of a necktie
(c) He stopped wearing his glasses
(d) He began wearing jeans
3. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
4. Which of Roosevelt's policies did Truman support the most enthusiastically?
(a) The New Deal
(b) The Old Deal
(c) The X-Files
(d) The Pentagon Papers
5. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(b) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(d) Speech impediment and runny nose
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
2. When Germany advances on Moscow, what does President Roosevelt offer Stalin?
3. What was the real name of the Truman Committee?
4. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
5. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)