|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
(a) steel, latex, and plutonium
(b) Aluminum, copper, zinc and rubber
(c) computers, cell phones and i-pods
(d) lead, coal, limestone and rock
2. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(b) Interstate Highway
3. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt
(b) Woodrow Wilson
(c) John F. Kennedy
(d) Harry S Truman
4. Who was the most influential new friend Truman gained during his first term as Senator?
(a) Justice Louis D. Brandeis
(b) Robert E. Lee's widow
(c) Andrew Jackson's son
(d) Ex-President Abraham LIncoln
5. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(b) 50 lbs
(c) 20 lbs
(d) 2 lbs
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cost-plus construction?
2. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
3. What part of Truman's past most concerned the Democratic Party for the campaign?
4. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
5. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)