|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
(a) He began wearing jeans
(b) He stopped wearing his glasses
(c) He allowed his hair to grow past his shoulders
(d) He began wearing his now famous bow ties instead of a necktie
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) George Bush
(b) George Washington
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Abraham Lincoln
3. When Roosevelt announces in 1944 that he will run for the fourth term as President, how many terms were Presidents allowed to serve?
(c) There was no constitutional limit to the number of times a President could serve
4. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
(a) The Titanic
(b) The George Washington
(c) The Mary Deare
(d) The Lusitania
5. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(b) Speech impediment and runny nose
(c) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(d) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
2. How many members did the Truman Committee have?
3. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
4. Who won WWI?
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)