|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(a) 50 lbs
(c) 20 lbs
(d) 2 lbs
2. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(a) Oil & Refining
(c) Shoe Sales
3. What was one voting faction in this election that had never been involved in presidential elections before?
(a) Family pets, if pedigreed, were allowed to vote
(b) Jews were allowed to vote
(c) Blacks were allowed to vote.
(d) Women were allowed to vote
4. In the first six months of 1942 military contracts added what amount to the U.S. economy?
(b) $400 billion
(d) $2 billion
5. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
(a) He decided to do nothing and wait to see what happened
(b) He started his own company to reap some of these benefits
(c) He wrote a stern letter to the newspaper calling for action
(d) Launched his own investigation and drove over 10,000 miles across the country researching defense sites.
Short Answer Questions
1. At their meeting in August of 1944, what did Roosevelt give to Truman to give to his wife and daughter?
2. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast? .
3. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
4. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
5. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)