|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a dollar-a-year man?
(a) A businessman who kept his original salary from his company and worked for the government for a token small salary, all for the war effort.
(b) A man whose only worth was one dollar
(c) A man who stole one dollar per day from the government
(d) A man whose only income was one dollar
2. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) John Truman
(b) Martha Ellen Truman
(c) Bess Truman
(d) Margaret Truman
3. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(b) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(c) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(d) The name Truman gave his old car
4. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) Three hundred Miles
(b) One Mile
(c) Sixteen Miles
(d) Fifty Miles
5. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) To help the family with the farm.
(b) To join the Army
(c) He was fired
(d) To marry Bess
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
2. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
3. What was one of the unique things about the Truman Committee?
4. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
5. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)