|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need to get out of twon
(b) I need a job
(c) It is either this or jail time
(d) Someone has to do it.
2. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(b) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(c) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(d) Speech impediment and runny nose
3. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
(b) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
(c) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
(d) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
4. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
(a) Drinking and playing cards
(b) Loud talking and smoking
(c) Dishonesty and smoking
(d) Womanizing and corruption
5. What party did Truman belong to?
(d) Green Party
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
2. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
3. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
4. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
5. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)