|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
(b) The method of paying contractors for work done
(c) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
(d) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
2. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Adlai Stevenson
(b) Harry Truman
(c) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
3. Where was Harry S Truman born?
(a) Lamar, MO
(b) Independence, MO
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Santa Fe, NM
4. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
(a) Drinking and playing cards
(b) Womanizing and corruption
(c) Dishonesty and smoking
(d) Loud talking and smoking
5. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
(a) Aluminum, copper, zinc and rubber
(b) steel, latex, and plutonium
(c) computers, cell phones and i-pods
(d) lead, coal, limestone and rock
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won WWI?
2. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
3. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
4. What was the Canol Project?
5. Who were Harry Truman's parents?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)