|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At their meeting in August of 1944, what did Roosevelt give to Truman to give to his wife and daughter?
(b) Autographed photos of himself
(c) Custom dresses from New York
(d) Orange black tea
2. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(a) 2 lbs
(b) 20 lbs
(c) 50 lbs
3. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
(a) His gambling addiction was exposed
(b) His family farm was sold at auction while he was at the Democratic Convention.
(c) His wife divorced him and took the child
(d) His womanizing became known by the public
4. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
(b) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(c) West Nile Fever and flu
(d) AIDS and herpes
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
2. Harry Truman always carried a favorite poem in his wallet. What was that poem and the author?
3. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
4. What was General Order Number 11?
5. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City? .
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)