|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
(b) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
(c) Government decree that all women should wear hats
(d) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
2. What was the Canol Project?
(a) A scheme to build a four inch pipeline from Canada to Alaska
(b) A plan to end hunger in America using cooking oil
(c) A plan for a large dam on the Canol River
(d) The atom bomb
3. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
(a) Local country club
(c) Ku Klux Klan
4. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Jim and Eleanor
(b) Harrison and Bess
(c) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
(d) Franklin and Eleanor
5. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
(b) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
(c) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
(d) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the real name of the Truman Committee?
2. What was a dollar-a-year man?
3. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
4. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
5. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)