|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) To marry Bess
(b) To join the Army
(c) He was fired
(d) To help the family with the farm.
2. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(a) Green Party
3. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
4. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Bess Wallace
(c) Mary Jane Truman
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
5. Harry Truman always carried a favorite poem in his wallet. What was that poem and the author?
(a) "Election Year" by Donald Revell
(b) "Locksley Hall" by Tennyson
(c) "Blessing the Boats" by Lucille Clifton
(d) "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Truman farm produce?
2. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
3. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
4. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City? .
5. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)