|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need to get out of twon
(b) Someone has to do it.
(c) I need a job
(d) It is either this or jail time
2. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
(a) Launched his own investigation and drove over 10,000 miles across the country researching defense sites.
(b) He wrote a stern letter to the newspaper calling for action
(c) He started his own company to reap some of these benefits
(d) He decided to do nothing and wait to see what happened
3. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
4. In the first six months of 1942 military contracts added what amount to the U.S. economy?
(a) $2 billion
(c) $400 billion
5. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
(a) Shoplifting from the pharmacy and smoking with friends
(b) In his room playing Dungeons and Dragons
(c) Playing baseball, basketball and football
(d) Playing the piano, reading books, and being with his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
2. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
3. What was the Canol Project?
4. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
5. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)