|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
(a) Harry S Truman
(b) Franklin Roosevelt
(c) Woodrow Wilson
(d) John F. Kennedy
2. Who was employed to work for Harry Truman, in his office, for a $2500 annual salary?
(a) Bess Truman
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt
(c) John Truman
(d) His mother
3. What two political positions did Truman want before he was allowed to run for Senate?
(a) Governor of Missouri and Congressman from Missouri
(b) Mayor of Lamar and Mayor of Independence
(c) Mayor of Independence and Governor of Illinois
(d) Governor of MIssouri and Mayor fo Independence
4. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) The method of paying contractors for work done
(b) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
(c) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
(d) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
5. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(c) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(d) Speech impediment and runny nose
Short Answer Questions
1. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
2. Where did the Truman family live when in D.C. until Harry became President?
3. How many members did the Truman Committee have?
4. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
5. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)