|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) His dog, his cat and Bess
(b) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
(c) His father, his dog and Bess
(d) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
2. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1890 Mercedes
(b) 1910 Volkswagon
(c) 1911 Stafford
(d) 1929 Ford Model T
3. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Bess's marriage to Harry
(b) Through Uncle Harrison
(c) There was no connection
(d) Through Jim Crow Chiles
4. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(a) Truman's mother
(b) Bess's Mother
5. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Good spelling
(b) Finding the correct pen
(c) Good grammar
(d) Good penmanship
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
2. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
3. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
4. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
5. What was a dollar-a-year man?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)