|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Canol Project?
(a) A scheme to build a four inch pipeline from Canada to Alaska
(b) A plan for a large dam on the Canol River
(c) The atom bomb
(d) A plan to end hunger in America using cooking oil
2. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) He committed suicide by shooting himself
(b) His plane crashed
(c) He was in a car accident
(d) He had terminal cancer
3. What was the original funding for the Truman Committee?
(c) $1 million
4. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(a) Oil & Refining
(c) Shoe Sales
5. What sort of equality did Truman support for Negroes?
(a) Legal equality, but not social equality.
(b) He did not support any equality for Negroes
(c) Financial only, not social
(d) Complete equality
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
2. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
4. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
5. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)