|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(c) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(d) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
2. What event propelled the United States into WWII?
(a) Bombing of World Trade Center
(b) Killing of Arch Duke Ferdinand
(c) Japanese attack on the fleet at Parl Harbor in Hawaii
(d) Sinking of the Titanic
3. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Rainbow Girls
(b) Freemasonry or the Masons
(c) Boy Scouts
(d) Ku Klux Klan
4. When Germany advances on Moscow, what does President Roosevelt offer Stalin?
(a) Nuclear warheads
(b) 100,000 troops
(c) A billion dollars worth of supplies
(d) Sound advice
5. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
(a) He started his own company to reap some of these benefits
(b) He wrote a stern letter to the newspaper calling for action
(c) Launched his own investigation and drove over 10,000 miles across the country researching defense sites.
(d) He decided to do nothing and wait to see what happened
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
2. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
3. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
4. The Truman Committee saved the U.S. taxpayers a great deal of money. What is the estimated amount mentioned in the book?
5. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)