|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
(a) Dishonesty and smoking
(b) Womanizing and corruption
(c) Loud talking and smoking
(d) Drinking and playing cards
2. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) He was fired
(b) To help the family with the farm.
(c) To join the Army
(d) To marry Bess
3. What did Roosevelt say were the Four Freedoms?
(a) Freedom of religion, marriage, finances and lawful gathering
(b) Freedom from fear, debt, phobias and medication
(c) Freedom of speech, religion, from want, from fear.
(d) Freedom from preachers, tax assessors, visiting relatives and telemarketers
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(b) Green Party
5. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
(a) That they get married immediately
(b) That he take warm clothes with him
(c) That he find another girlfriend
(d) That she join as well and go with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cost-plus construction?
2. What party did Truman belong to?
3. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
4. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
5. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)