|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
(a) Bill Clinton
(b) Herbert Hoover
(c) Theodore Roosevelt
(d) Abraham Lilncoln
2. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
(a) Entering WWI
(b) The attempt to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices
(c) Bombing the Japanese home cities
(d) Entering WWII
3. What was the Canol Project?
(a) A plan for a large dam on the Canol River
(b) The atom bomb
(c) A scheme to build a four inch pipeline from Canada to Alaska
(d) A plan to end hunger in America using cooking oil
4. What sort of equality did Truman support for Negroes?
(a) He did not support any equality for Negroes
(b) Complete equality
(c) Financial only, not social
(d) Legal equality, but not social equality.
5. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) Time Magazine
(b) The Koran
(c) Ben Franklin's books
(d) The Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
2. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City? .
3. What was one of the unique things about the Truman Committee?
4. Who was the most influential new friend Truman gained during his first term as Senator?
5. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)