|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(b) Through Uncle Harrison
(c) Bess's marriage to Harry
(d) There was no connection
2. What interest did Harry and his father share?
(a) Watching tv
(c) Fishing and hunting
3. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
(a) Navy Department
(b) Department of Agriculture
(c) Office of Production Management
(d) Defense Department
4. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need to get out of twon
(b) I need a job
(c) It is either this or jail time
(d) Someone has to do it.
5. In the first six months of 1942 military contracts added what amount to the U.S. economy?
(b) $400 billion
(c) $2 billion
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
2. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
3. When Germany advances on Moscow, what does President Roosevelt offer Stalin?
4. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
5. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)