|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
(a) Aluminum, copper, zinc and rubber
(b) computers, cell phones and i-pods
(c) steel, latex, and plutonium
(d) lead, coal, limestone and rock
2. What was the real name of the Truman Committee?
(a) Committee on Defense Contractors
(b) Senate Special Committee to Investigate the National Defense Program
(c) Committee on Un-American Affairs
(d) Committee to Re-Elect President Roosevelt
3. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
(a) Launched his own investigation and drove over 10,000 miles across the country researching defense sites.
(b) He decided to do nothing and wait to see what happened
(c) He started his own company to reap some of these benefits
(d) He wrote a stern letter to the newspaper calling for action
4. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
5. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(b) Bess's marriage to Harry
(c) Through Uncle Harrison
(d) There was no connection
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
2. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
3. Who won WWI?
4. President Roosevelt made a radio speech to America at the beginning of Germany's attack on England, and the speech was subsequently referred to as what?
5. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)