|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) The method of paying contractors for work done
(b) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
(c) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
(d) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
2. What did Roosevelt say were the Four Freedoms?
(a) Freedom of religion, marriage, finances and lawful gathering
(b) Freedom from preachers, tax assessors, visiting relatives and telemarketers
(c) Freedom of speech, religion, from want, from fear.
(d) Freedom from fear, debt, phobias and medication
3. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
(a) One year
(b) Ten years
(c) Twent-five Years
(d) Three years
4. What was a dollar-a-year man?
(a) A businessman who kept his original salary from his company and worked for the government for a token small salary, all for the war effort.
(b) A man whose only worth was one dollar
(c) A man whose only income was one dollar
(d) A man who stole one dollar per day from the government
5. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Bess's marriage to Harry
(b) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(c) Through Uncle Harrison
(d) There was no connection
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
2. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
3. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
4. The Truman Committee saved the U.S. taxpayers a great deal of money. What is the estimated amount mentioned in the book?
5. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)