|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast?
(a) The investigation of his wife's real estate company
(b) WWII caused his business to falter
(c) The investigation of his personal finances
(d) The investigation of illegal voting practices in his county's 1936 elections
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) George Washington
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) George Bush
3. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
(a) Western Missouri
(c) Western Pennsylvania
(d) Southern Georgia
4. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Through Uncle Harrison
(b) There was no connection
(c) Bess's marriage to Harry
(d) Through Jim Crow Chiles
5. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
(a) Twent-five Years
(b) Three years
(c) One year
(d) Ten years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Truman farm produce?
2. What was one of the unique things about the Truman Committee?
3. What pivotal event occurred on December 7, 1941?
4. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
5. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)