|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of equality did Truman support for Negroes?
(a) Legal equality, but not social equality.
(b) He did not support any equality for Negroes
(c) Complete equality
(d) Financial only, not social
2. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(b) 20 lbs
(c) 50 lbs
(d) 2 lbs
3. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(c) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(d) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
4. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
(c) Tax evasion
(d) Murder and rape
5. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Harry, bring home the bacon
(b) Harry, I love you
(c) Harry, please don't smoke
(d) Now Harry, you be good
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the real name of the Truman Committee?
2. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
3. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
4. What did Roosevelt say were the Four Freedoms?
5. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)