|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
2. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
(a) Twent-five Years
(b) Ten years
(c) Three years
(d) One year
3. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) George Bush
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) George Washington
4. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1929 Ford Model T
(b) 1911 Stafford
(c) 1890 Mercedes
(d) 1910 Volkswagon
5. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
(a) steel, latex, and plutonium
(b) computers, cell phones and i-pods
(c) lead, coal, limestone and rock
(d) Aluminum, copper, zinc and rubber
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
2. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
3. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
4. What was Roosevelt's continuing admonition to his departments regarding defense production in 1941?
5. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)