|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
(a) Department of Agriculture
(b) Defense Department
(c) Office of Production Management
(d) Navy Department
2. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast?
(a) WWII caused his business to falter
(b) The investigation of illegal voting practices in his county's 1936 elections
(c) The investigation of his wife's real estate company
(d) The investigation of his personal finances
3. Where did the Truman family live when in D.C. until Harry became President?
(a) Missouri embassy
(b) 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
(c) Blair House
(d) 4701 Connecticut Avenue
4. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
(b) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
(c) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
(d) The method of paying contractors for work done
5. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
(a) He began wearing his now famous bow ties instead of a necktie
(b) He began wearing jeans
(c) He stopped wearing his glasses
(d) He allowed his hair to grow past his shoulders
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
2. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
3. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
4. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
5. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)