|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career did Margaret Truman plan to enter?
(c) Publishing agent
(d) Computer science
2. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(a) 2 lbs
(b) 20 lbs
(c) 50 lbs
3. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
(a) He wrote a stern letter to the newspaper calling for action
(b) He started his own company to reap some of these benefits
(c) He decided to do nothing and wait to see what happened
(d) Launched his own investigation and drove over 10,000 miles across the country researching defense sites.
4. The Truman Committee saved the U.S. taxpayers a great deal of money. What is the estimated amount mentioned in the book?
(a) $1 million
(c) $15 billion
(d) $3 million
5. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
(a) Shoplifting from the pharmacy and smoking with friends
(b) In his room playing Dungeons and Dragons
(c) Playing the piano, reading books, and being with his family.
(d) Playing baseball, basketball and football
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won WWI?
2. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
3. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
4. How many members did the Truman Committee have?
5. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)