|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) His plane crashed
(b) He had terminal cancer
(c) He committed suicide by shooting himself
(d) He was in a car accident
2. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
(a) Herbert Hoover
(b) Theodore Roosevelt
(c) Bill Clinton
(d) Abraham Lilncoln
3. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Finding the correct pen
(b) Good grammar
(c) Good spelling
(d) Good penmanship
4. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(b) West Nile Fever and flu
(c) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
(d) AIDS and herpes
5. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
(a) He is ordained as a preacher and married
(b) He is forced to undergo a paternity test
(c) He is divorced from his first wife and moves to Kansas City
(d) He gets married and his daughter is born
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
2. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
3. Who won WWI?
4. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
5. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)