|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) Sixteen Miles
(b) Three hundred Miles
(c) Fifty Miles
(d) One Mile
2. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(b) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(c) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(d) The name Truman gave his old car
3. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
(a) Queen City of the Trails
(b) Land of Enchantment
(c) Mormon Paradise
(d) Land of Milk and Honey
4. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Harrison and Bess
(b) Franklin and Eleanor
(c) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
(d) Jim and Eleanor
5. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
2. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City? .
3. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
4. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)