|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
(a) Herbert Hoover
(b) Theodore Roosevelt
(c) Abraham Lilncoln
(d) Bill Clinton
2. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City?
(a) John Truman left the family to join the war
(b) The Truman family were asked to leave town
(c) Harry Truman forced them to move for his political ambition
(d) John Truman has lost the family business and property due to bad investments in wheat futures
3. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
(a) Western Pennsylvania
(b) Southern Georgia
(c) Western Missouri
4. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) filled with poverty and need
(b) He could not remember his chidlhood
(c) The happiest imaginable
(d) One misery after another
5. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(b) Writing reports to command
(c) Meeting with the other captains
(d) Wearing the uniform
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
2. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
3. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
4. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
5. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)