|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) Sixteen Miles
(b) One Mile
(c) Fifty Miles
(d) Three hundred Miles
2. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
(b) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
(c) Government decree that all women should wear hats
(d) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
3. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Rainbow Girls
(b) Ku Klux Klan
(c) Freemasonry or the Masons
(d) Boy Scouts
4. Who were Harry Truman's parents?
(a) John Truman and Martha Ellen Young
(b) Bill Truman and Elizabeth Taylor
(c) Solomon Young and Mary Jane Truman
(d) Harry Truman Sr and Elizabeth Young
5. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) Ben Franklin's books
(b) The Koran
(c) Time Magazine
(d) The Bible
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City? .
2. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
3. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
4. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
5. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)