|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Writing reports to command
(b) Wearing the uniform
(c) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(d) Meeting with the other captains
2. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt
(c) Mary Jane Truman
(d) Bess Wallace
3. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
(a) Rats and Pigs
(b) Goats and Rabbits
(c) Hares and Turtles
(d) Donkeys and Elephants
4. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
(b) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
(c) Government decree that all women should wear hats
(d) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
5. What does the Truman farm produce?
(d) Bermuda grass
Short Answer Questions
1. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
2. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
3. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
4. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
5. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)