|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meeting with the other captains
(b) Wearing the uniform
(c) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(d) Writing reports to command
2. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Bess Wallace
(c) Mary Jane Truman
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
3. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
(a) Railway and ships
(b) Fast sports cars
(c) Elephants and camels
(d) Horse and wagon
4. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
(b) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
(c) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
(d) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
5. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
(a) Cleaning and painting houses in his neighborhood
(b) Bicycle courier for a bank in Kansas City
(c) Sweeping, dusting and cleaning at Clinton's Drugstore in Independence
(d) Newspaper route
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
2. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
3. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
4. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
5. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)