|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(c) Truman's mother
(d) Bess's Mother
2. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) He was in a car accident
(b) He had terminal cancer
(c) His plane crashed
(d) He committed suicide by shooting himself
3. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) Time Magazine
(b) The Koran
(c) Ben Franklin's books
(d) The Bible
4. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(b) 2 lbs
(c) 50 lbs
(d) 20 lbs
5. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
(a) Shoplifting from the pharmacy and smoking with friends
(b) Playing the piano, reading books, and being with his family.
(c) Playing baseball, basketball and football
(d) In his room playing Dungeons and Dragons
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
2. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
3. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
4. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
5. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)