|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
(a) That he find another girlfriend
(b) That they get married immediately
(c) That she join as well and go with him
(d) That he take warm clothes with him
2. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(c) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(d) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Speech impediment and runny nose
(b) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(d) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
4. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
5. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) Sixteen Miles
(b) Fifty Miles
(c) Three hundred Miles
(d) One Mile
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
2. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
3. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
4. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
5. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)