|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Harry S Truman born?
(a) Independence, MO
(b) Santa Fe, NM
(c) Lamar, MO
(d) Washington D.C.
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) George Bush
(c) George Washington
(d) Andrew Jackson
3. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
(a) Harry S Truman
(b) Woodrow Wilson
(c) John F. Kennedy
(d) Franklin Roosevelt
4. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
(a) Bill Clinton
(b) Theodore Roosevelt
(c) Abraham Lilncoln
(d) Herbert Hoover
5. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(b) Bess's Mother
(d) Truman's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
2. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
3. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
4. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
5. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)