|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need a job
(b) It is either this or jail time
(c) Someone has to do it.
(d) I need to get out of twon
2. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
(a) Womanizing and corruption
(b) Dishonesty and smoking
(c) Loud talking and smoking
(d) Drinking and playing cards
3. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
(a) Shoplifting from the pharmacy and smoking with friends
(b) In his room playing Dungeons and Dragons
(c) Playing the piano, reading books, and being with his family.
(d) Playing baseball, basketball and football
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) Ben Franklin's books
(b) The Bible
(c) Time Magazine
(d) The Koran
5. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Harrison and Bess
(b) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
(c) Franklin and Eleanor
(d) Jim and Eleanor
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
2. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
3. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
4. What was General Order Number 11?
5. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)