|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Wearing the uniform
(b) Writing reports to command
(c) Meeting with the other captains
(d) Meting out discipline to his troops.
2. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(a) Oil & Refining
(b) Shoe Sales
3. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
(a) The Titanic
(b) The Lusitania
(c) The George Washington
(d) The Mary Deare
4. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City?
(a) John Truman has lost the family business and property due to bad investments in wheat futures
(b) John Truman left the family to join the war
(c) The Truman family were asked to leave town
(d) Harry Truman forced them to move for his political ambition
5. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What party did Truman belong to?
2. What interest did Harry and his father share?
3. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
4. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)