|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1929 Ford Model T
(b) 1910 Volkswagon
(c) 1890 Mercedes
(d) 1911 Stafford
2. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
(a) He is ordained as a preacher and married
(b) He gets married and his daughter is born
(c) He is forced to undergo a paternity test
(d) He is divorced from his first wife and moves to Kansas City
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(c) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(d) Speech impediment and runny nose
4. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
(b) Local country club
(c) Ku Klux Klan
5. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
(a) That he take warm clothes with him
(b) That he find another girlfriend
(c) That they get married immediately
(d) That she join as well and go with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
2. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
3. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
4. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
5. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)