|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
(a) He is ordained as a preacher and married
(b) He is forced to undergo a paternity test
(c) He is divorced from his first wife and moves to Kansas City
(d) He gets married and his daughter is born
2. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
(a) She met her future husband
(b) Someone stole her purse
(c) She had a baby
(d) Someone attempted to kidnap her.
3. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
(b) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
(c) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
(d) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
4. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(a) Bess's Mother
(d) Truman's mother
5. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(b) Shoe Sales
(c) Oil & Refining
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
2. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
3. What does the Truman farm produce?
4. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
5. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)