|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
2. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
(b) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
(c) Government decree that all women should wear hats
(d) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
3. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
(b) AIDS and herpes
(c) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(d) West Nile Fever and flu
4. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
(a) Abraham Lilncoln
(b) Herbert Hoover
(c) Theodore Roosevelt
(d) Bill Clinton
5. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
2. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
3. What does the Truman farm produce?
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
5. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)