|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
2. Where was Harry S Truman born?
(a) Lamar, MO
(b) Santa Fe, NM
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Independence, MO
3. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1929 Ford Model T
(b) 1911 Stafford
(c) 1910 Volkswagon
(d) 1890 Mercedes
4. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Freemasonry or the Masons
(b) Boy Scouts
(c) Rainbow Girls
(d) Ku Klux Klan
5. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
2. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
3. What interest did Harry and his father share?
4. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
5. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)