|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Martha Ellen Truman
(c) Bess Truman
(d) John Truman
2. What does the Truman farm produce?
(d) Bermuda grass
3. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) One Mile
(b) Fifty Miles
(c) Sixteen Miles
(d) Three hundred Miles
4. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Good penmanship
(b) Good grammar
(c) Good spelling
(d) Finding the correct pen
5. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Harry, bring home the bacon
(b) Harry, please don't smoke
(c) Harry, I love you
(d) Now Harry, you be good
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
2. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
3. Where was Harry S Truman born?
4. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)