|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) He had terminal cancer
(b) His plane crashed
(c) He committed suicide by shooting himself
(d) He was in a car accident
2. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(a) New Mexico
3. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
4. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Franklin and Eleanor
(b) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
(c) Harrison and Bess
(d) Jim and Eleanor
5. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
(a) Land of Enchantment
(b) Mormon Paradise
(c) Land of Milk and Honey
(d) Queen City of the Trails
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
2. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
3. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
4. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
5. What does the Truman farm produce?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)