|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
2. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
(b) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
(c) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
(d) Government decree that all women should wear hats
3. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(a) Green Party
4. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
(a) Mormon Paradise
(b) Land of Enchantment
(c) Land of Milk and Honey
(d) Queen City of the Trails
5. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(a) Shoe Sales
(d) Oil & Refining
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
2. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
3. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
5. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)