|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) AIDS and herpes
(b) West Nile Fever and flu
(c) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(d) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
2. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(b) New Mexico
3. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City?
(a) John Truman has lost the family business and property due to bad investments in wheat futures
(b) John Truman left the family to join the war
(c) The Truman family were asked to leave town
(d) Harry Truman forced them to move for his political ambition
4. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
(a) Harry S. Truman was a child actor
(b) Harry S. Truman liked to build airplane models
(c) Harry S. Truman's mother was a world famous model
(d) Harry S. Truman was an excellent student, great friend, faithful son, never in trouble, industrious and kind.
5. Where was Harry S Truman born?
(a) Lamar, MO
(b) Santa Fe, NM
(c) Independence, MO
(d) Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
2. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
3. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
4. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
5. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)