|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(b) Interstate Highway
2. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
3. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
(b) Government decree that all women should wear hats
(c) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
(d) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
4. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) The happiest imaginable
(b) He could not remember his chidlhood
(c) filled with poverty and need
(d) One misery after another
5. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) John Truman
(b) Martha Ellen Truman
(c) Bess Truman
(d) Margaret Truman
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Harry S Truman born?
2. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
3. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
5. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)