|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Truman farm produce?
(c) Bermuda grass
2. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(c) Green Party
3. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
(b) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(c) AIDS and herpes
(d) West Nile Fever and flu
4. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Finding the correct pen
(b) Good spelling
(c) Good penmanship
(d) Good grammar
5. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(c) Interstate Highway
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
2. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
3. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
4. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
5. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)