|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) AIDS and herpes
(b) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(c) West Nile Fever and flu
(d) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
2. Where was Harry S Truman born?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) Independence, MO
(c) Lamar, MO
(d) Santa Fe, NM
3. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) George Washington
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) George Bush
4. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
(a) Accepting and welcoming in clubs and homes
(b) The people of Independence were abolitionists and offered assistance
(c) Independence was a haven for slaves and immigrants
(d) Prejudice and racism were common and accepted
5. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Good spelling
(b) Good penmanship
(c) Good grammar
(d) Finding the correct pen
Short Answer Questions
1. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
2. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
3. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
4. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
5. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)