|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
(a) Shoplifting from the pharmacy and smoking with friends
(b) In his room playing Dungeons and Dragons
(c) Playing the piano, reading books, and being with his family.
(d) Playing baseball, basketball and football
2. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) Time Magazine
(b) The Bible
(c) The Koran
(d) Ben Franklin's books
3. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Harry, I love you
(b) Harry, bring home the bacon
(c) Harry, please don't smoke
(d) Now Harry, you be good
4. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
(a) Harry S. Truman was an excellent student, great friend, faithful son, never in trouble, industrious and kind.
(b) Harry S. Truman's mother was a world famous model
(c) Harry S. Truman was a child actor
(d) Harry S. Truman liked to build airplane models
5. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
(a) Newspaper route
(b) Sweeping, dusting and cleaning at Clinton's Drugstore in Independence
(c) Cleaning and painting houses in his neighborhood
(d) Bicycle courier for a bank in Kansas City
Short Answer Questions
1. What interest did Harry and his father share?
2. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
3. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
4. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
5. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)