|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) One misery after another
(b) The happiest imaginable
(c) He could not remember his chidlhood
(d) filled with poverty and need
2. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Harrison and Bess
(b) Franklin and Eleanor
(c) Jim and Eleanor
(d) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
3. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) Three hundred Miles
(b) One Mile
(c) Sixteen Miles
(d) Fifty Miles
4. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(b) Through Uncle Harrison
(c) Bess's marriage to Harry
(d) There was no connection
5. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) He was fired
(b) To join the Army
(c) To marry Bess
(d) To help the family with the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
2. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
3. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
4. Where was Harry S Truman born?
5. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)