|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(b) Interstate Highway
2. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
(a) Playing baseball, basketball and football
(b) In his room playing Dungeons and Dragons
(c) Playing the piano, reading books, and being with his family.
(d) Shoplifting from the pharmacy and smoking with friends
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(b) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(c) Speech impediment and runny nose
4. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Franklin and Eleanor
(b) Jim and Eleanor
(c) Harrison and Bess
(d) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
5. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(a) New Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. What was General Order Number 11?
2. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
3. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
4. Where was Harry S Truman born?
5. What interest did Harry and his father share?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)