|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
2. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Ku Klux Klan
(b) Freemasonry or the Masons
(c) Boy Scouts
(d) Rainbow Girls
3. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) Ben Franklin's books
(b) The Koran
(c) The Bible
(d) Time Magazine
4. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) To help the family with the farm.
(b) To marry Bess
(c) To join the Army
(d) He was fired
5. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
(a) Queen City of the Trails
(b) Land of Enchantment
(c) Land of Milk and Honey
(d) Mormon Paradise
Short Answer Questions
1. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
2. What does the Truman farm produce?
3. What interest did Harry and his father share?
4. Where was Harry S Truman born?
5. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City? .
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)