|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) His plane crashed
(b) He was in a car accident
(c) He had terminal cancer
(d) He committed suicide by shooting himself
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) George Washington
(c) George Bush
(d) Abraham Lincoln
3. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) Martha Ellen Truman
(b) John Truman
(c) Margaret Truman
(d) Bess Truman
4. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(a) Interstate Highway
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) West Nile Fever and flu
(b) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(c) AIDS and herpes
(d) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
2. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
3. Who were Harry Truman's parents?
4. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
5. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)