|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
(a) Western Pennsylvania
(c) Western Missouri
(d) Southern Georgia
2. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
(b) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
(c) Government decree that all women should wear hats
(d) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
3. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) George Bush
(b) George Washington
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Andrew Jackson
4. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1911 Stafford
(b) 1890 Mercedes
(c) 1910 Volkswagon
(d) 1929 Ford Model T
5. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) The Bible
(b) Time Magazine
(c) Ben Franklin's books
(d) The Koran
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
2. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
3. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
4. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
5. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)