|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
(a) Bicycle courier for a bank in Kansas City
(b) Sweeping, dusting and cleaning at Clinton's Drugstore in Independence
(c) Cleaning and painting houses in his neighborhood
(d) Newspaper route
2. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Harry, I love you
(b) Harry, bring home the bacon
(c) Now Harry, you be good
(d) Harry, please don't smoke
3. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) John Truman
(b) Martha Ellen Truman
(c) Bess Truman
(d) Margaret Truman
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) The Bible
(b) Ben Franklin's books
(c) Time Magazine
(d) The Koran
5. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) George Washington
(c) George Bush
(d) Andrew Jackson
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
2. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
3. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
4. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
5. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)