|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Harry, bring home the bacon
(b) Now Harry, you be good
(c) Harry, I love you
(d) Harry, please don't smoke
2. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) West Nile Fever and flu
(b) AIDS and herpes
(c) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(d) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
3. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) The Koran
(b) Time Magazine
(c) Ben Franklin's books
(d) The Bible
4. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(a) Interstate Highway
5. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
2. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
3. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
4. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
5. What interest did Harry and his father share?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)