|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Bess Wallace
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt
(d) Mary Jane Truman
2. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
(a) Prejudice and racism were common and accepted
(b) The people of Independence were abolitionists and offered assistance
(c) Independence was a haven for slaves and immigrants
(d) Accepting and welcoming in clubs and homes
3. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1929 Ford Model T
(b) 1890 Mercedes
(c) 1910 Volkswagon
(d) 1911 Stafford
4. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(d) Interstate Highway
5. Where was Harry S Truman born?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) Santa Fe, NM
(c) Lamar, MO
(d) Independence, MO
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
2. What does the Truman farm produce?
3. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City? .
4. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
5. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)