|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Finding the correct pen
(b) Good penmanship
(c) Good spelling
(d) Good grammar
2. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) He committed suicide by shooting himself
(b) His plane crashed
(c) He was in a car accident
(d) He had terminal cancer
3. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Mary Jane Truman
(c) Bess Wallace
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(c) Green Party
5. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) Sixteen Miles
(b) One Mile
(c) Three hundred Miles
(d) Fifty Miles
Short Answer Questions
1. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
2. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
3. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
4. What interest did Harry and his father share?
5. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)