|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(b) Shoe Sales
(c) Oil & Refining
2. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Mary Jane Truman
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt
(d) Bess Wallace
3. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Harrison and Bess
(b) Franklin and Eleanor
(c) Jim and Eleanor
(d) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
4. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) John Truman
(b) Bess Truman
(c) Margaret Truman
(d) Martha Ellen Truman
5. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) One Mile
(b) Three hundred Miles
(c) Fifty Miles
(d) Sixteen Miles
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
2. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
3. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
4. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
5. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)