|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) Fifty Miles
(b) One Mile
(c) Sixteen Miles
(d) Three hundred Miles
2. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
(b) Oil & Refining
(c) Shoe Sales
3. Who were Harry Truman's parents?
(a) Bill Truman and Elizabeth Taylor
(b) Harry Truman Sr and Elizabeth Young
(c) John Truman and Martha Ellen Young
(d) Solomon Young and Mary Jane Truman
4. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
(a) AIDS and herpes
(b) Cholera, scarlet fever and pneumonia
(c) West Nile Fever and flu
(d) Bubonic Plague and severe colds
5. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) He committed suicide by shooting himself
(b) He was in a car accident
(c) He had terminal cancer
(d) His plane crashed
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
2. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
4. Where was Harry S Truman born?
5. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)