|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Harry, I love you
(b) Harry, please don't smoke
(c) Harry, bring home the bacon
(d) Now Harry, you be good
2. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(d) Green Party
3. What does the Truman farm produce?
(b) Bermuda grass
4. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(b) Through Uncle Harrison
(c) There was no connection
(d) Bess's marriage to Harry
5. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) Bess Truman
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Martha Ellen Truman
(d) John Truman
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
2. Who were Harry Truman's parents?
3. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
4. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
5. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)