|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) To marry Bess
(b) He was fired
(c) To help the family with the farm.
(d) To join the Army
2. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(b) Green Party
3. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City?
(a) The Truman family were asked to leave town
(b) John Truman has lost the family business and property due to bad investments in wheat futures
(c) John Truman left the family to join the war
(d) Harry Truman forced them to move for his political ambition
4. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
5. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) George Bush
(c) George Washington
(d) Andrew Jackson
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
2. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
3. What interest did Harry and his father share?
4. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
5. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)