Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Harry Truman
(c) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
(d) Adlai Stevenson
2. What is one Presidential first that is mentioned in this chapter?
(a) First president to ride in an automobile
(b) First presidential address to be broadcast on TV
(c) First Jewish president
(d) First presidential address to be printed in the newspaper
3. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
(b) New York
4. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City?
(a) Harry Truman forced them to move for his political ambition
(b) John Truman has lost the family business and property due to bad investments in wheat futures
(c) The Truman family were asked to leave town
(d) John Truman left the family to join the war
5. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
2. Which of Roosevelt's policies did Truman support the most enthusiastically?
3. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
4. How many members did the Truman Committee have?
5. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)