|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
(a) He wrote a stern letter to the newspaper calling for action
(b) Launched his own investigation and drove over 10,000 miles across the country researching defense sites.
(c) He started his own company to reap some of these benefits
(d) He decided to do nothing and wait to see what happened
2. What was one voting faction in this election that had never been involved in presidential elections before?
(a) Jews were allowed to vote
(b) Family pets, if pedigreed, were allowed to vote
(c) Blacks were allowed to vote.
(d) Women were allowed to vote
3. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
(b) Rin Tin Tin
4. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
(a) Independence was a haven for slaves and immigrants
(b) The people of Independence were abolitionists and offered assistance
(c) Prejudice and racism were common and accepted
(d) Accepting and welcoming in clubs and homes
5. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
(a) General Eisenhower
(b) General Patton
(c) General Pershing
(d) General DeGaulle
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
2. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
3. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
4. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
5. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)