Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) His plane crashed
(b) He was in a car accident
(c) He had terminal cancer
(d) He committed suicide by shooting himself
2. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Good spelling
(b) Good grammar
(c) Finding the correct pen
(d) Good penmanship
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(c) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(d) Speech impediment and runny nose
4. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
5. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(a) New Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
2. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
3. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
4. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
5. What was General Order Number 11?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)