|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a Dixiecrat?
(a) Members of the southern Democratic party who withdrew from the Truman's Democratic Party because of his stand on Civil Rights.
(b) A type of paper cup
(c) A politician who endorsed the NAACP
(d) A politician who whistles Dixie
2. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
(a) That he take warm clothes with him
(b) That she join as well and go with him
(c) That they get married immediately
(d) That he find another girlfriend
3. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
(a) She was eager to see his political ambition proceed
(b) She did not want him to run
(c) She did not care either way
(d) She was happy to move to a new house
4. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) Through the main door
(b) By three separate doors
(c) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
(d) Through the kitchen door
5. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
(a) Someone attempted to kidnap her.
(b) She met her future husband
(c) She had a baby
(d) Someone stole her purse
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
2. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
3. What was Roosevelt's continuing admonition to his departments regarding defense production in 1941?
4. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
5. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City? .
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)