|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it so important to create an Atomic Energy Commission?
(a) To prevent spies from access to the secrets
(b) To have a method of channeling funding to the project
(c) To provide civilian, not military, control of this new awesome power
(d) To make Truman look good
2. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
(a) steel, latex, and plutonium
(b) Aluminum, copper, zinc and rubber
(c) computers, cell phones and i-pods
(d) lead, coal, limestone and rock
3. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
(a) He allowed his hair to grow past his shoulders
(b) He began wearing his now famous bow ties instead of a necktie
(c) He began wearing jeans
(d) He stopped wearing his glasses
4. What was a whistle-stop?
(a) Term used to describe Truman's style of campaigning by stopping his Presidential train in every small town along the way so he could meet the American people.
(b) A street corner
(c) A method used to veto a bill
(d) The term used to call for a taxi while standing on the sidewalk
5. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
(a) Milligan had insulted Margaret
(b) As a gesture of loyalty to Tom Pendergast
(c) He felt Milligan was doing a bad job
(d) He did not vote at all
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet name did Truman have for Bess?
2. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
3. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?" .
4. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast? .
5. Truman's foreign office is warning him about the after war dangers of which country?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)