|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Franklin and Eleanor
(b) Harrison and Bess
(c) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
(d) Jim and Eleanor
2. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
(a) Launched his own investigation and drove over 10,000 miles across the country researching defense sites.
(b) He wrote a stern letter to the newspaper calling for action
(c) He decided to do nothing and wait to see what happened
(d) He started his own company to reap some of these benefits
3. Who did Truman choose to replace Marshall as his Secretary of State?
(a) George Marshall's son
(b) Charlie Ross
(c) Dean Rusk
(d) Dean Acheson
4. What was the Turnip Congress?
(a) A session of congress where dissidents threw turnips at the congressmen
(b) A special committee that turned up important information
(c) A session of congress where only bills concerning turnips were discussed
(d) The special congressional session called by Truman during the time of Missouri's Turnip Day
5. Who won WWI?
(c) Soviet Union
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the real name of the Truman Committee?
2. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
3. What was the origination of the term "pinko?"
4. Harry Truman always carried a favorite poem in his wallet. What was that poem and the author?
5. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)