|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
(a) Defense Department
(b) Office of Production Management
(c) Navy Department
(d) Department of Agriculture
2. Who was employed to work for Harry Truman, in his office, for a $2500 annual salary?
(a) His mother
(b) John Truman
(c) Bess Truman
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
3. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
4. Why was it so important to create an Atomic Energy Commission?
(a) To prevent spies from access to the secrets
(b) To have a method of channeling funding to the project
(c) To make Truman look good
(d) To provide civilian, not military, control of this new awesome power
5. When Germany advances on Moscow, what does President Roosevelt offer Stalin?
(a) Nuclear warheads
(b) A billion dollars worth of supplies
(c) Sound advice
(d) 100,000 troops
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a whistle-stop?
2. Truman's foreign office is warning him about the after war dangers of which country?
3. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
4. How old was Truman when his second term as president began?
5. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)