|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(b) Green Party
2. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
(a) He is ordained as a preacher and married
(b) He gets married and his daughter is born
(c) He is forced to undergo a paternity test
(d) He is divorced from his first wife and moves to Kansas City
3. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
(a) As a gesture of loyalty to Tom Pendergast
(b) He felt Milligan was doing a bad job
(c) Milligan had insulted Margaret
(d) He did not vote at all
4. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
(a) Gorbachev, Bush and Truman
(b) Truman, Churchill and Stalin
(c) Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin
(d) Truman, DeGaulle and Patton
5. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
(a) A baseball bat
(b) Large amounts of cash
(c) Offers of wine
(d) Offers of women
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
2. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
3. The Truman Committee saved the U.S. taxpayers a great deal of money. What is the estimated amount mentioned in the book?
4. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
5. What was the original funding for the Truman Committee?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)