|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the beginning of the end for Tom Pendergast?
(a) The investigation of illegal voting practices in his county's 1936 elections
(b) The investigation of his wife's real estate company
(c) WWII caused his business to falter
(d) The investigation of his personal finances
2. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(d) New Mexico
3. Who did Truman choose to accompany him to meet the train bearing Roosevelt's body?
(a) Eleanor and Teddy Roosevelt
(b) No one. He stood alone.
(c) Jimmy Byrnes and Henry Wallace
(d) Bess and Margaret Truman
4. Who was Truman's Vice President before Barkley?
(a) Jimmy Byrnes
(b) Jim Pendergast
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) No one
5. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country becomes a focal point of disagreement between USA and the Soviets?
2. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
3. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
5. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)