|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
(a) 1929 Ford Model T
(b) 1890 Mercedes
(c) 1910 Volkswagon
(d) 1911 Stafford
2. What pivotal event occurred on December 7, 1941?
(a) Margaret Truman was born
(b) President Roosevelt died
(c) Germany surrendered
(d) Japan bombed the USA Fleet at Pearl Harbor
3. Who was employed to work for Harry Truman, in his office, for a $2500 annual salary?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt
(b) Bess Truman
(c) John Truman
(d) His mother
4. What famous landmark did Churchill visit when in Berlin?
(a) Hitler's Bunker
(b) St Paul's Cathedral
(c) Arc de Triumph
(d) Berlin HIlton
5. What is cost-plus construction?
(a) Construction that costs more than originally estimated.
(b) Contractor is paid for all costs plus a fixed percentage profit
(c) The method of paying contractors for work done
(d) Avoiding taxes on construction workers
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
2. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
3. Which of Truman's family members accompanied him on the campaign trail?
4. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
5. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)