|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) There was no connection
(b) Bess's marriage to Harry
(c) Through Uncle Harrison
(d) Through Jim Crow Chiles
2. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(b) Wearing the uniform
(c) Writing reports to command
(d) Meeting with the other captains
3. Which country was able to assemble an atomic bomb after the USA?
(c) Soviet Union
4. Who of Truman's long time friends was most instrumental in advising him regarding the Palestine problem?
(a) George Marshall
(b) Eddie Jacobson
(c) Jim Pendergast
(d) Charlie Ross
5. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
(a) Abraham Lilncoln
(b) Theodore Roosevelt
(c) Herbert Hoover
(d) Bill Clinton
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the President's normal work when he was on the campaign trail?
2. In the first six months of 1942 military contracts added what amount to the U.S. economy?
3. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
4. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
5. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)