|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most influential new friend Truman gained during his first term as Senator?
(a) Justice Louis D. Brandeis
(b) Andrew Jackson's son
(c) Ex-President Abraham LIncoln
(d) Robert E. Lee's widow
2. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
(a) His gambling addiction was exposed
(b) His wife divorced him and took the child
(c) His womanizing became known by the public
(d) His family farm was sold at auction while he was at the Democratic Convention.
3. What was a dollar-a-year man?
(a) A businessman who kept his original salary from his company and worked for the government for a token small salary, all for the war effort.
(b) A man who stole one dollar per day from the government
(c) A man whose only income was one dollar
(d) A man whose only worth was one dollar
4. What famous landmark did Churchill visit when in Berlin?
(a) St Paul's Cathedral
(b) Berlin HIlton
(c) Arc de Triumph
(d) Hitler's Bunker
5. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
(a) Ten years
(b) Twent-five Years
(c) Three years
(d) One year
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Roosevelt's policies did Truman support the most enthusiastically?
2. How many people did Oppenheimer estimate the bomb would kill?
3. What was the original funding for the Truman Committee?
4. What is cost-plus construction?
5. How many days was Truman Vice President?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)