|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
2. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(b) Writing reports to command
(c) Meeting with the other captains
(d) Wearing the uniform
3. What did Roosevelt say were the Four Freedoms?
(a) Freedom from fear, debt, phobias and medication
(b) Freedom from preachers, tax assessors, visiting relatives and telemarketers
(c) Freedom of religion, marriage, finances and lawful gathering
(d) Freedom of speech, religion, from want, from fear.
4. What essential materials were in short supply as America prepared for war?
(a) steel, latex, and plutonium
(b) computers, cell phones and i-pods
(c) lead, coal, limestone and rock
(d) Aluminum, copper, zinc and rubber
5. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) The Koran
(b) Time Magazine
(c) The Bible
(d) Ben Franklin's books
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
2. What career did Margaret Truman plan to enter?
3. What was the Turnip Congress? .
4. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
5. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)