|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry Truman always carried a favorite poem in his wallet. What was that poem and the author?
(a) "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
(b) "Blessing the Boats" by Lucille Clifton
(c) "Election Year" by Donald Revell
(d) "Locksley Hall" by Tennyson
2. Who of Truman's long time friends was most instrumental in advising him regarding the Palestine problem?
(a) Charlie Ross
(b) Jim Pendergast
(c) George Marshall
(d) Eddie Jacobson
3. What longtime cabinet member resigns due to a disagreement with Truman?
(a) Harold Ickes
(b) Robert E. Lee
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Henry Wallace
4. What happened to the President's normal work when he was on the campaign trail?
(a) It continued as before from Truman's desk on the train
(b) His staff collected all the papers and held them until he arrived home
(c) Bess took care of it
(d) The vice president handled everything
5. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
(d) Two million
Short Answer Questions
1. President Roosevelt made a radio speech to America at the beginning of Germany's attack on England, and the speech was subsequently referred to as what?
2. Whose appointment to Truman's cabinet made a positive and calming effect?
3. What did Roosevelt say were the Four Freedoms?
4. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
5. What did Truman do when he was suspicious about the defense industry overspending?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)