|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. President Roosevelt made a radio speech to America at the beginning of Germany's attack on England, and the speech was subsequently referred to as what?
(a) The Arsenal for Money Speech
(b) The Speech of Omission
(c) The Fear Speech
(d) The Arsenal for Democracy Speech
2. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
(a) Drinking and playing cards
(b) Womanizing and corruption
(c) Loud talking and smoking
(d) Dishonesty and smoking
3. What happened to the President's normal work when he was on the campaign trail?
(a) His staff collected all the papers and held them until he arrived home
(b) It continued as before from Truman's desk on the train
(c) The vice president handled everything
(d) Bess took care of it
4. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
(a) Offers of wine
(b) Large amounts of cash
(c) A baseball bat
(d) Offers of women
5. Who of Truman's long time friends was most instrumental in advising him regarding the Palestine problem?
(a) Jim Pendergast
(b) Eddie Jacobson
(c) Charlie Ross
(d) George Marshall
Short Answer Questions
1. What event propelled the United States into WWII?
2. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
3. What was a whistle-stop?
4. In the eyes of the Truman Committee, what governmental department was the most to blame for bad planning?
5. Who were Harry Truman's parents?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)