|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
(a) Telephone and typewriter
(b) Telegraph and electric bulb
(c) Computer and cell phone
(d) Toilet and bathtub
2. Who did Truman choose to replace Marshall as his Secretary of State?
(a) George Marshall's son
(b) Charlie Ross
(c) Dean Rusk
(d) Dean Acheson
3. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
(d) Rin Tin Tin
4. What was a whistle-stop?
(a) A street corner
(b) A method used to veto a bill
(c) Term used to describe Truman's style of campaigning by stopping his Presidential train in every small town along the way so he could meet the American people.
(d) The term used to call for a taxi while standing on the sidewalk
5. How did Truman's personal staff feel about him?
(a) They disliked him intensely
(b) They thought he was boring
(c) They feared him
(d) They admired and respected him
Short Answer Questions
1. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
2. What is cost-plus construction?
3. How many people did Oppenheimer estimate the bomb would kill?
4. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
5. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)