|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it so important to create an Atomic Energy Commission?
(a) To make Truman look good
(b) To have a method of channeling funding to the project
(c) To provide civilian, not military, control of this new awesome power
(d) To prevent spies from access to the secrets
2. At the end of the war, how many service men and women were coming back to the American work force?
(a) 10 million
(b) None - they all re-enlisted
(c) 12 million
(d) 1 million
3. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
(a) He was born in Pendergast, MO
(b) He was originally elected from the state of Pendergast
(c) Because of his association with the political boss Tom Pendergast
(d) He is related to the large Pendergast family
4. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
(a) She was happy to move to a new house
(b) She was eager to see his political ambition proceed
(c) She did not care either way
(d) She did not want him to run
5. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
(c) Rin Tin Tin
Short Answer Questions
1. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
2. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
3. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
4. Who of Truman's long time friends was most instrumental in advising him regarding the Palestine problem?
5. What does the Truman farm produce?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)