|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Bess's marriage to Harry
(b) There was no connection
(c) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(d) Through Uncle Harrison
2. Who won WWI?
(a) Soviet Union
3. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
(c) New York
4. Harry Truman always carried a favorite poem in his wallet. What was that poem and the author?
(a) "Blessing the Boats" by Lucille Clifton
(b) "Election Year" by Donald Revell
(c) "Locksley Hall" by Tennyson
(d) "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
5. What element of Truman's style changed during the time of the Truman Committee?
(a) He stopped wearing his glasses
(b) He allowed his hair to grow past his shoulders
(c) He began wearing jeans
(d) He began wearing his now famous bow ties instead of a necktie
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first six months of 1942 military contracts added what amount to the U.S. economy?
2. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
3. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
4. What was the Armistice?
5. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?" .
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)