|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Boy Scouts
(b) Freemasonry or the Masons
(c) Ku Klux Klan
(d) Rainbow Girls
2. During Churchill's speech in Missouri, as a guest of Truman, what term does Churchill use to describe the Soviet Union presence that became a common term?
(a) Axis of Evil
(b) Iron Curtain
(d) Berlin Wall
3. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Franklin and Eleanor
(b) Harrison and Bess
(c) Jim and Eleanor
(d) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
4. At the end of the war, how many service men and women were coming back to the American work force?
(a) 12 million
(b) 1 million
(c) 10 million
(d) None - they all re-enlisted
5. What condition of the White House was hidden from the Press until after the election?
(a) The elevator was no longer working
(b) The second floor was falling into the first floor.
(c) Fine condition, no need of repair
(d) The portico had fallen on the presidential limo
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men and boys were killed in Quantrille's raid on Lawrence, Kansas?
2. In the first six months of 1942 military contracts added what amount to the U.S. economy?
3. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
4. What was a Dixiecrat?
5. What was a whistle-stop?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)