|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interest did Harry and his father share?
(c) Watching tv
(d) Fishing and hunting
2. At the end of the war, how many service men and women were coming back to the American work force?
(a) 10 million
(b) 12 million
(c) 1 million
(d) None - they all re-enlisted
3. Who did Roosevelt want as his Vice President?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Harry Truman
(c) Unknown - Roosevelt changed his mind often during the VP discussions with his staff
(d) Adlai Stevenson
4. What geographical designation separated South Korea from North Korea?
(a) The 41st parallel
(b) 38th Parallel
(c) The Yang River
(d) The Alps
5. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(b) 50 lbs
(c) 2 lbs
(d) 20 lbs
Short Answer Questions
1. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
2. At their meeting in August of 1944, what did Roosevelt give to Truman to give to his wife and daughter?
3. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
4. How many months had Truman been President before both Germany and Japan surrendered?
5. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)