|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5 Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Roosevelt's continuing admonition to his departments regarding defense production in 1941?
(a) "Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy"
(b) "Wait until the budget is passed"
(c) "Take your time"
(d) "Speed, speed, speed."
2. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
(a) General Pershing
(b) General Eisenhower
(c) General DeGaulle
(d) General Patton
3. What longtime cabinet member resigns due to a disagreement with Truman?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Robert E. Lee
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) Harold Ickes
4. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?"
(a) The urge to visit the Potomac River rather than working
(b) The tendency of some political appointees to consider themselves more important than they were
(c) The heightened color of skin when people arrived in DC
(d) A strain of flu duirng the war
5. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) His father, his dog and Bess
(b) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
(c) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
(d) His dog, his cat and Bess
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one voting faction in this election that had never been involved in presidential elections before?
2. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
3. Of all the labor strikes after the war, which is the one that brings Truman to the strongest action?
4. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
5. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)