|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Franklin and Eleanor
(b) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
(c) Harrison and Bess
(d) Jim and Eleanor
2. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) John Truman
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Martha Ellen Truman
(d) Bess Truman
3. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
(a) Fast sports cars
(b) Horse and wagon
(c) Railway and ships
(d) Elephants and camels
4. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
(a) Queen City of the Trails
(b) Land of Milk and Honey
(c) Land of Enchantment
(d) Mormon Paradise
5. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meeting with the other captains
(b) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(c) Writing reports to command
(d) Wearing the uniform
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
2. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
3. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
4. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
5. What type of company does Harry Truman fail in after the mine?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)