|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What party did Truman belong to?
(a) Green Party
2. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(b) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(c) The name Truman gave his old car
(d) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
3. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(d) New Mexico
4. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
(a) He had terminal cancer
(b) He was in a car accident
(c) He committed suicide by shooting himself
(d) His plane crashed
5. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
(a) Drinking and playing cards
(b) Loud talking and smoking
(c) Womanizing and corruption
(d) Dishonesty and smoking
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
2. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
3. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
4. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
5. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)