|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) To marry Bess
(b) He was fired
(c) To help the family with the farm.
(d) To join the Army
2. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(c) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(d) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
3. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
(a) Donkeys and Elephants
(b) Hares and Turtles
(c) Rats and Pigs
(d) Goats and Rabbits
4. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
(b) 50 lbs
(c) 20 lbs
(d) 2 lbs
5. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
2. What does the Truman farm produce?
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
4. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
5. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)