|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(d) New Mexico
2. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
(a) Womanizing and corruption
(b) Dishonesty and smoking
(c) Loud talking and smoking
(d) Drinking and playing cards
3. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
(a) Bicycle courier for a bank in Kansas City
(b) Sweeping, dusting and cleaning at Clinton's Drugstore in Independence
(c) Newspaper route
(d) Cleaning and painting houses in his neighborhood
4. Who won WWI?
(c) Soviet Union
5. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(c) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(d) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
2. What interest did Harry and his father share?
3. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
4. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
5. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)