|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Government decree that all women should wear hats
(b) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
(c) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
(d) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
2. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) One misery after another
(b) He could not remember his chidlhood
(c) filled with poverty and need
(d) The happiest imaginable
3. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(d) Green Party
5. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
(a) Prejudice and racism were common and accepted
(b) Independence was a haven for slaves and immigrants
(c) Accepting and welcoming in clubs and homes
(d) The people of Independence were abolitionists and offered assistance
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
2. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
3. Where was Harry S Truman born?
4. What was the Armistice?
5. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)