|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Harry, please don't smoke
(b) Harry, I love you
(c) Now Harry, you be good
(d) Harry, bring home the bacon
2. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Jim and Eleanor
(b) Franklin and Eleanor
(c) Harrison and Bess
(d) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
3. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meeting with the other captains
(b) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(c) Writing reports to command
(d) Wearing the uniform
4. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
(a) Abraham Lilncoln
(b) Theodore Roosevelt
(c) Herbert Hoover
(d) Bill Clinton
5. What was the Armistice?
(a) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(b) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(c) The name Truman gave his old car
(d) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
2. How did Truman's men move their equipment around France?
3. What kind of automobile does Harry Truman first purchase?
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
5. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)