|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
(a) Harry S Truman
(b) Franklin Roosevelt
(c) John F. Kennedy
(d) Woodrow Wilson
2. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Bess Wallace
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Mary Jane Truman
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
3. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) To help the family with the farm.
(b) To join the Army
(c) To marry Bess
(d) He was fired
4. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
(b) The name Truman gave his old car
(c) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(d) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
5. What was the most common method of travel for settlers in the 1800s to take to Independence?
(b) Interstate Highway
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
2. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
3. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
4. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
5. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)