|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
(a) She had a baby
(b) Someone stole her purse
(c) She met her future husband
(d) Someone attempted to kidnap her.
2. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) His dog, his cat and Bess
(b) His father, his dog and Bess
(c) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
(d) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
3. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Finding the correct pen
(b) Good penmanship
(c) Good spelling
(d) Good grammar
4. How did young Harry Truman like to occupy his time?
(a) Playing the piano, reading books, and being with his family.
(b) Playing baseball, basketball and football
(c) Shoplifting from the pharmacy and smoking with friends
(d) In his room playing Dungeons and Dragons
5. Why does the Truman family move to Kansas City?
(a) John Truman has lost the family business and property due to bad investments in wheat futures
(b) John Truman left the family to join the war
(c) Harry Truman forced them to move for his political ambition
(d) The Truman family were asked to leave town
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
2. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
3. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
4. Harry Truman's ancestors were predominantly of what heritage?
5. What was the Armistice?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)