|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
(a) Computer and cell phone
(b) Telephone and typewriter
(c) Telegraph and electric bulb
(d) Toilet and bathtub
2. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
(a) Andrew Jackson and Robert E. Lee
(b) George Washington and Thomas Jefferson
(c) Abraham Lincoln and Malcom X
(d) George Bush and Bill Clinton
3. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
(a) Prejudice and racism were common and accepted
(b) The people of Independence were abolitionists and offered assistance
(c) Independence was a haven for slaves and immigrants
(d) Accepting and welcoming in clubs and homes
4. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Mary Jane Truman
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt
(c) Bess Wallace
(d) Margaret Truman
5. Although Harry writes many letters to Bess, he cannot master one art of good correspondence. What is it?
(a) Good spelling
(b) Good grammar
(c) Good penmanship
(d) Finding the correct pen
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
2. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
3. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
4. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
5. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)