|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
(a) That she join as well and go with him
(b) That they get married immediately
(c) That he find another girlfriend
(d) That he take warm clothes with him
2. What organization with secret rituals did Harry Truman join in 1909?
(a) Boy Scouts
(b) Freemasonry or the Masons
(c) Rainbow Girls
(d) Ku Klux Klan
3. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Now Harry, you be good
(b) Harry, bring home the bacon
(c) Harry, I love you
(d) Harry, please don't smoke
4. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
(b) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
(c) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
(d) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
5. Why does Harry Truman leave his job in Kansas City?
(a) To marry Bess
(b) To help the family with the farm.
(c) To join the Army
(d) He was fired
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
2. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
3. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
4. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
5. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)