|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Independence Missouri's nickname in the 1840s?
(a) Land of Enchantment
(b) Mormon Paradise
(c) Queen City of the Trails
(d) Land of Milk and Honey
2. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Wearing the uniform
(b) Meeting with the other captains
(c) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(d) Writing reports to command
3. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
(a) Harry S. Truman was a child actor
(b) Harry S. Truman was an excellent student, great friend, faithful son, never in trouble, industrious and kind.
(c) Harry S. Truman liked to build airplane models
(d) Harry S. Truman's mother was a world famous model
4. What interest did Harry and his father share?
(a) Fishing and hunting
(b) Watching tv
5. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
(d) New Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
2. What does the Truman farm produce?
3. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
4. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
5. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)