|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
(a) Donkeys and Elephants
(b) Hares and Turtles
(c) Goats and Rabbits
(d) Rats and Pigs
2. How were Truman's ancestors related to the bushwhackers?
(a) Through Jim Crow Chiles
(b) Bess's marriage to Harry
(c) There was no connection
(d) Through Uncle Harrison
3. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
(a) Newspaper route
(b) Cleaning and painting houses in his neighborhood
(c) Bicycle courier for a bank in Kansas City
(d) Sweeping, dusting and cleaning at Clinton's Drugstore in Independence
4. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
(a) General Eisenhower
(b) General Patton
(c) General Pershing
(d) General DeGaulle
5. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
(a) Fifty Miles
(b) Three hundred Miles
(c) One Mile
(d) Sixteen Miles
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Harry Truman's parents?
2. In 1841, what was considered the extreme frontier of the USA?
3. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
4. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
5. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)