|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was General Order Number 11?
(a) Government decree that all women should wear hats
(b) Government decree that people in Missour could not vote
(c) Union Army decree that all persons in Missouri who could not prove their loyalty to the Union would have to leave Missouri.
(d) Union Army decree that all Missouri farmers commit 50% of their crop to the army
2. For most of the people in Independence in the 1800's, who was their hero?
(a) George Washington
(b) George Bush
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) Andrew Jackson
3. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) One misery after another
(b) The happiest imaginable
(c) He could not remember his chidlhood
(d) filled with poverty and need
4. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
(a) Three years
(b) Twent-five Years
(c) One year
(d) Ten years
5. Who in Truman's family passes away in November of 1914?
(a) Bess Truman
(b) Martha Ellen Truman
(c) Margaret Truman
(d) John Truman
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Armistice?
2. What epidemics decimated the families in Independence during the years of 1851-1854?
3. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
4. How did Bess Wallace's father die?
5. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)