Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Wearing the uniform
(b) Writing reports to command
(c) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(d) Meeting with the other captains
2. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
(b) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
(c) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
(d) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
3. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
(b) His father, his dog and Bess
(c) His dog, his cat and Bess
(d) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
4. Who were Harry Truman's parents?
(a) Harry Truman Sr and Elizabeth Young
(b) Solomon Young and Mary Jane Truman
(c) Bill Truman and Elizabeth Taylor
(d) John Truman and Martha Ellen Young
5. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(d) Green Party
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of mine does Harry Truman invest in during 1915 and 1916?
2. What US President did Truman see while he was working in Kansas City?
3. From what other state did most of the people settling Missouri migrate?
4. Harry Truman travels to see Bess in Grandview. How many miles one way is the trip?
5. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)