|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
(a) To tell the other countries about the atom bomb
(b) To get Stalin to commit to entering the war against Japan
(c) To see Europe for free
(d) To find an excuse to use the atom bomb
2. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
(a) Entering WWI
(b) Bombing the Japanese home cities
(c) Entering WWII
(d) The attempt to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices
3. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) Through the kitchen door
(b) By three separate doors
(c) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
(d) Through the main door
4. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
(a) He did not vote at all
(b) As a gesture of loyalty to Tom Pendergast
(c) He felt Milligan was doing a bad job
(d) Milligan had insulted Margaret
5. What was Harry Truman's first paid job?
(a) Cleaning and painting houses in his neighborhood
(b) Sweeping, dusting and cleaning at Clinton's Drugstore in Independence
(c) Bicycle courier for a bank in Kansas City
(d) Newspaper route
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was President of the USA during World War I?
2. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
3. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
4. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
5. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)