|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
(b) Harrison and Bess
(c) Franklin and Eleanor
(d) Jim and Eleanor
2. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
(a) Personal finances
(b) Margaret's behavior in public
(c) Hiring a maid for his house
(d) Getting caught with another woman
3. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) He could not remember his chidlhood
(b) One misery after another
(c) The happiest imaginable
(d) filled with poverty and need
4. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) By three separate doors
(b) Through the main door
(c) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
(d) Through the kitchen door
5. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
(a) Murder and rape
(c) Tax evasion
Short Answer Questions
1. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
2. What was Truman's attitude towards running for Vice President?
3. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
4. What two political positions did Truman want before he was allowed to run for Senate?
5. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)