|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most influential new friend Truman gained during his first term as Senator?
(a) Ex-President Abraham LIncoln
(b) Justice Louis D. Brandeis
(c) Andrew Jackson's son
(d) Robert E. Lee's widow
2. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need a job
(b) It is either this or jail time
(c) Someone has to do it.
(d) I need to get out of twon
3. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
4. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) filled with poverty and need
(b) The happiest imaginable
(c) One misery after another
(d) He could not remember his chidlhood
5. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
(a) Bombing the Japanese home cities
(b) Entering WWII
(c) Entering WWI
(d) The attempt to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months had Truman been President before both Germany and Japan surrendered?
2. Where was the American's atom bomb tested?
3. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
4. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
5. How did the leaders entertain each other in the evenings of the conference?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)