|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two political positions did Truman want before he was allowed to run for Senate?
(a) Mayor of Independence and Governor of Illinois
(b) Governor of Missouri and Congressman from Missouri
(c) Mayor of Lamar and Mayor of Independence
(d) Governor of MIssouri and Mayor fo Independence
2. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need to get out of twon
(b) It is either this or jail time
(c) Someone has to do it.
(d) I need a job
3. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
(a) She did not care either way
(b) She did not want him to run
(c) She was eager to see his political ambition proceed
(d) She was happy to move to a new house
4. What sort of equality did Truman support for Negroes?
(a) Financial only, not social
(b) Legal equality, but not social equality.
(c) He did not support any equality for Negroes
(d) Complete equality
5. What was one voting faction in this election that had never been involved in presidential elections before?
(a) Blacks were allowed to vote.
(b) Jews were allowed to vote
(c) Women were allowed to vote
(d) Family pets, if pedigreed, were allowed to vote
Short Answer Questions
1. What interest did Harry and his father share?
2. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
3. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
5. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)