|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
(a) Entering WWI
(b) Entering WWII
(c) The attempt to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices
(d) Bombing the Japanese home cities
2. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
(a) She was eager to see his political ambition proceed
(b) She did not care either way
(c) She was happy to move to a new house
(d) She did not want him to run
3. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
(a) Rin Tin Tin
4. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need a job
(b) I need to get out of twon
(c) Someone has to do it.
(d) It is either this or jail time
5. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
(d) Soviet Union
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one voting faction in this election that had never been involved in presidential elections before?
2. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
3. In what country was Potsdam located?
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
5. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)