|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Democratic party decide to place Truman as Vice President on their ticket?
(a) When Roosevelt became ill
(b) Three years in advance
(c) At the Democratic National Convention in 1944.
(d) When Roosevelt died
2. How was Truman's personal life used against him in the 1940 election?
(a) His gambling addiction was exposed
(b) His womanizing became known by the public
(c) His wife divorced him and took the child
(d) His family farm was sold at auction while he was at the Democratic Convention.
3. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) His father, his dog and Bess
(b) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
(c) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
(d) His dog, his cat and Bess
4. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
(a) Because of his association with the political boss Tom Pendergast
(b) He was born in Pendergast, MO
(c) He is related to the large Pendergast family
(d) He was originally elected from the state of Pendergast
5. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
(a) The Lusitania
(b) The Mary Deare
(c) The Titanic
(d) The George Washington
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
2. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
3. What was the Armistice?
4. How many days was Truman Vice President?
5. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)