|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) His dog, his cat and Bess
(b) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
(c) His father, his dog and Bess
(d) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
2. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
(a) The Mary Deare
(b) The George Washington
(c) The Lusitania
(d) The Titanic
3. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
(a) That they get married immediately
(b) That she join as well and go with him
(c) That he take warm clothes with him
(d) That he find another girlfriend
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(c) Green Party
5. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Now Harry, you be good
(b) Harry, please don't smoke
(c) Harry, I love you
(d) Harry, bring home the bacon
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
2. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
3. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
4. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
5. What interest did Harry and his father share?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)