|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Truman's past most concerned the Democratic Party for the campaign?
(a) His connection with the Freemasons
(b) His past farming duties
(c) His connection with Boss Pendergast
(d) The fact Bess Truman's father committed suicide
2. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
(a) General Pershing
(b) General Eisenhower
(c) General DeGaulle
(d) General Patton
3. How did Bess Truman feel about Harry running for Vice President?
(a) She did not care either way
(b) She was happy to move to a new house
(c) She was eager to see his political ambition proceed
(d) She did not want him to run
4. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) By three separate doors
(b) Through the kitchen door
(c) Through the main door
(d) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
5. What was Truman's attitude towards running for Vice President?
(a) He was eager to run
(b) He was afraid of running
(c) He did not have an opinion
(d) He did not want to
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
2. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
3. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
4. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
5. Who was the Vice President of the United States under Roosevelt in 1943?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)