|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
2. Why did Truman vote against the reappointment of District Attorney Milligan?
(a) Milligan had insulted Margaret
(b) As a gesture of loyalty to Tom Pendergast
(c) He felt Milligan was doing a bad job
(d) He did not vote at all
3. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
(a) Two million
4. What political party did Harry, his father, and most of the adults in Independence belong to?
(b) Green Party
5. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) It is either this or jail time
(b) Someone has to do it.
(c) I need a job
(d) I need to get out of twon
Short Answer Questions
1. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
2. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
3. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
4. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
5. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)