|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) It is either this or jail time
(b) Someone has to do it.
(c) I need a job
(d) I need to get out of twon
2. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
(a) Ben Franklin's books
(b) Time Magazine
(c) The Bible
(d) The Koran
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(b) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(d) Speech impediment and runny nose
4. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meeting with the other captains
(b) Writing reports to command
(c) Wearing the uniform
(d) Meting out discipline to his troops.
5. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
(a) Harry S. Truman was an excellent student, great friend, faithful son, never in trouble, industrious and kind.
(b) Harry S. Truman's mother was a world famous model
(c) Harry S. Truman was a child actor
(d) Harry S. Truman liked to build airplane models
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
2. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
3. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
4. Which state turned the tide towards Truman at the convention?
5. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)