|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
(a) One misery after another
(b) He could not remember his chidlhood
(c) The happiest imaginable
(d) filled with poverty and need
2. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
(a) Harry, please don't smoke
(b) Harry, I love you
(c) Harry, bring home the bacon
(d) Now Harry, you be good
3. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
(a) To find an excuse to use the atom bomb
(b) To get Stalin to commit to entering the war against Japan
(c) To see Europe for free
(d) To tell the other countries about the atom bomb
4. What was the Armistice?
(a) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(b) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(c) The name Truman gave his old car
(d) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
5. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Mary Jane Truman
(c) Bess Wallace
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt
Short Answer Questions
1. What interest did Harry and his father share?
2. At their meeting in August of 1944, what did Roosevelt give to Truman to give to his wife and daughter?
3. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
4. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
5. What sort of equality did Truman support for Negroes?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)