|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
(a) To find an excuse to use the atom bomb
(b) To get Stalin to commit to entering the war against Japan
(c) To see Europe for free
(d) To tell the other countries about the atom bomb
2. What was the Armistice?
(a) The name Truman gave his old car
(b) The treaty signed between the Germans and the Allies agreeing to end the war
(c) The name of the transport ship taking Truman home after WWI
(d) The name given to the plantation where Truman retired
3. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
(a) Entering WWI
(b) The attempt to increase the number of Supreme Court Justices
(c) Bombing the Japanese home cities
(d) Entering WWII
4. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
5. What was an overriding concern for Truman in his early years as a Senator in Washington?
(a) Margaret's behavior in public
(b) Getting caught with another woman
(c) Hiring a maid for his house
(d) Personal finances
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roosevelt announces in 1944 that he will run for the fourth term as President, how many terms were Presidents allowed to serve?
2. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
3. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
4. Why is Truman referred to as the "Senator from Pendergast" instead of the "Senator from Missouri"?
5. Who won WWI?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)