|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
(a) Jim and Eleanor
(b) Harrison and Bess
(c) Franklin and Eleanor
(d) J. Vivian and Mary Jane
2. What afflictions did Harry have in childhood?
(a) Nearsightedness and diphtheria
(b) Diarrhea and farsightedness
(c) Speech impediment and runny nose
3. What does Bess suggest when Harry announces his decision to join the military?
(a) That he find another girlfriend
(b) That she join as well and go with him
(c) That he take warm clothes with him
(d) That they get married immediately
4. What does Harry give as a reason to join the military and go to war?
(a) I need a job
(b) It is either this or jail time
(c) Someone has to do it.
(d) I need to get out of twon
5. When Roosevelt announces in 1944 that he will run for the fourth term as President, how many terms were Presidents allowed to serve?
(d) There was no constitutional limit to the number of times a President could serve
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Oppenheimer estimate the bomb would kill?
2. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
3. What did Truman think was a damaging move by Roosevelt?
4. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
5. Who was the man in charge of the American Expeditionary Forces in France in WWI?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)