|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At their meeting in August of 1944, what did Roosevelt give to Truman to give to his wife and daughter?
(a) Custom dresses from New York
(c) Autographed photos of himself
(d) Orange black tea
2. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
(c) Soviet Union
3. Whose photographs does Harry carry in his uniform pocket during the entire war?
(a) Bess, Mary Jane and his mother.
(b) His mother, Bess and another girlfriend
(c) His dog, his cat and Bess
(d) His father, his dog and Bess
4. According to his letters to Bess, what part of Truman's command duties did he dislike the most?
(a) Meeting with the other captains
(b) Wearing the uniform
(c) Meting out discipline to his troops.
(d) Writing reports to command
5. How many months had Truman been President before both Germany and Japan surrendered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Truman's commanders was the most unreasonable and was disliked the most by Truman?
2. What are the names of Harry's brother and sister?
3. What did Harry's mother say to him each time he left the house?
4. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
5. What part of Truman's past most concerned the Democratic Party for the campaign?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)