|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harry was nine, his family moved to Independence. He met a girl at Sunday School and fell in love that lasted his whole life. Who was this girl?
(a) Mary Jane Truman
(b) Bess Wallace
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt
(d) Margaret Truman
2. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
(b) Through the main door
(c) Through the kitchen door
(d) By three separate doors
3. On what charge was Tom Pendergast arrested, convicted and jailed?
(c) Murder and rape
(d) Tax evasion
4. What country's military is in possession of Potsdam at the time of the conference?
(b) Soviet Union
5. What was Truman's primary goal of the Potsdam Conference?
(a) To see Europe for free
(b) To find an excuse to use the atom bomb
(c) To get Stalin to commit to entering the war against Japan
(d) To tell the other countries about the atom bomb
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Harry Truman when he arrived in Washington D.C. to assume his duties as a Senator?
2. How much weight did Harry Truman lose in the years in France?
3. In later years, how does Harry describe his childhood?
4. How many people did the bomb actually kill in Hiroshima?
5. What is the name of the ship Harry Truman and his battalion are on for the Atlantic crossing?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)