|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the attitude of the townspeople of Independence towards people of color?
(a) Independence was a haven for slaves and immigrants
(b) The people of Independence were abolitionists and offered assistance
(c) Prejudice and racism were common and accepted
(d) Accepting and welcoming in clubs and homes
2. How did the three world leaders enter the conference room in Potsdam?
(a) Through the main door
(b) Through the kitchen door
(c) By three separate doors
(d) They were all on teleconference and did not use the doors
3. Who won WWI?
(b) Soviet Union
4. What was the name of Roosevelt's beloved dog?
(c) Rin Tin Tin
5. Why is Chapter 2 entitled "Model Boy?"
(a) Harry S. Truman liked to build airplane models
(b) Harry S. Truman was a child actor
(c) Harry S. Truman was an excellent student, great friend, faithful son, never in trouble, industrious and kind.
(d) Harry S. Truman's mother was a world famous model
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were "The Big Three" of the Potsdam conference?
2. Where did most of the sayings, such as "a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches", that were part of Truman's upbringing, originate?
3. What part of Truman's past most concerned the Democratic Party for the campaign?
4. How many days was Truman Vice President?
5. When Roosevelt announces in 1944 that he will run for the fourth term as President, how many terms were Presidents allowed to serve?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)