|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
(b) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
(c) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
(d) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
2. Which of Truman's family members accompanied him on the campaign trail?
(a) Bess and Margaret
(b) His sister and mother
(c) His mother and father
(d) His brother and his brother's wife and sons
3. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
4. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
(a) George Washington and Thomas Jefferson
(b) Andrew Jackson and Robert E. Lee
(c) Abraham Lincoln and Malcom X
(d) George Bush and Bill Clinton
5. Who does Truman appoint as his Secretary of State?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Jimmy Byrnes
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) Robert E. Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
2. What party did Truman belong to?
3. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
4. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
5. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)