|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
(a) Henry Wallace
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) Margaret Truman
(d) Charlie Ross
2. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
(a) The USS United States
(b) The Titanic
(c) The Augusta
(d) The George Washington
3. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
4. Who did Truman choose to accompany him to meet the train bearing Roosevelt's body?
(a) Eleanor and Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Bess and Margaret Truman
(c) Jimmy Byrnes and Henry Wallace
(d) No one. He stood alone.
5. What happened to the President's normal work when he was on the campaign trail?
(a) Bess took care of it
(b) His staff collected all the papers and held them until he arrived home
(c) It continued as before from Truman's desk on the train
(d) The vice president handled everything
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of the Soviet Union when Truman became President?
2. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
3. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
4. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
5. Truman's foreign office is warning him about the after war dangers of which country?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)