|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
(a) George Bush and Bill Clinton
(b) Abraham Lincoln and Malcom X
(c) Andrew Jackson and Robert E. Lee
(d) George Washington and Thomas Jefferson
2. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
(a) Margaret Truman
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) Charlie Ross
3. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
(a) A baseball bat
(b) Large amounts of cash
(c) Offers of wine
(d) Offers of women
4. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?"
(a) The heightened color of skin when people arrived in DC
(b) A strain of flu duirng the war
(c) The urge to visit the Potomac River rather than working
(d) The tendency of some political appointees to consider themselves more important than they were
5. Which of Truman's family members accompanied him on the campaign trail?
(a) His brother and his brother's wife and sons
(b) His sister and mother
(c) Bess and Margaret
(d) His mother and father
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
2. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
3. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
4. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
5. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)