|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
(a) He is forced to undergo a paternity test
(b) He gets married and his daughter is born
(c) He is ordained as a preacher and married
(d) He is divorced from his first wife and moves to Kansas City
2. Where did the Truman family live until the Roosevelt family departed the White House?
(a) Independence, MO
(b) Key West, FL
(c) New York, New York
(d) Blair House, Washington DC
3. What party did Truman belong to?
(b) Green Party
4. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
(a) Strom Thurmond
(b) Adlai Stevenson
(c) Jefferson Davis
(d) Henry Wallace
5. What is the name of the new organization of countries formed to keep the peace after the world war ends?
(b) League of Nations
(c) United Nations
(d) Blackwater Security
Short Answer Questions
1. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
2. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
3. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
4. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?" .
5. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)