|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in charge of the Soviet Union when Truman became President?
(b) Josef Stalin
2. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
(a) Ku Klux Klan
(b) Local country club
3. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
(b) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
(c) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
(d) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
4. What was the yearly salary for Truman's job as presiding judge?
5. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
(a) Jefferson Davis
(b) Strom Thurmond
(c) Adlai Stevenson
(d) Henry Wallace
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Truman family live until the Roosevelt family departed the White House?
2. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
3. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
4. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
5. Which of Truman's family members accompanied him on the campaign trail?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)