|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
(a) George Bush and Bill Clinton
(b) Andrew Jackson and Robert E. Lee
(c) Abraham Lincoln and Malcom X
(d) George Washington and Thomas Jefferson
2. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
(b) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
(c) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
(d) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
3. What new inventions did Truman never learn to use or like?
(a) Computer and cell phone
(b) Telegraph and electric bulb
(c) Telephone and typewriter
(d) Toilet and bathtub
4. Truman's foreign office is warning him about the after war dangers of which country?
(c) Soviet Union
5. What is the number one recommendation from the S-1 Interim Committee to Truman?
(a) The bomb should be used against Japan as soon as possible
(b) Use the bomb against Germany
(c) Give the bomb to Africa
(d) Never use the bomb
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Truman's family members accompanied him on the campaign trail?
2. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
3. Who did Truman choose to accompany him to meet the train bearing Roosevelt's body?
4. What party did Truman belong to?
5. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)