|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
(b) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
(c) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
(d) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
2. What is the name of the new organization of countries formed to keep the peace after the world war ends?
(a) League of Nations
(b) Blackwater Security
(d) United Nations
3. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Charlie Ross
(c) Henry Wallace
(d) Margaret Truman
4. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
(a) A trip the VP candidate took by airplane that was similar to the railway tour the President was making.
(b) The propellor pin he wore on his suit lapel during the campaign
(c) Barkley's habit of propping himself against a bar to deliver speeches
(d) It refers to the time in his campaign when his plane's propellor fell off
5. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
(a) Goats and Rabbits
(b) Rats and Pigs
(c) Hares and Turtles
(d) Donkeys and Elephants
Short Answer Questions
1. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
2. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
3. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
4. Who did Truman choose to accompany him to meet the train bearing Roosevelt's body?
5. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?" .
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)