|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
(a) Jefferson Davis
(b) Henry Wallace
(c) Adlai Stevenson
(d) Strom Thurmond
2. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
(a) The Ferdinand Magellan
(b) The Titanic
(c) The George Washington
(d) Pullman Car #3457113
3. Truman's foreign office is warning him about the after war dangers of which country?
(c) Soviet Union
4. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
(a) Large amounts of cash
(b) Offers of women
(c) Offers of wine
(d) A baseball bat
5. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
(a) The Augusta
(b) The George Washington
(c) The Titanic
(d) The USS United States
Short Answer Questions
1. What party did Truman belong to?
2. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
3. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
4. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
5. What is the number one recommendation from the S-1 Interim Committee to Truman?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)