|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
(a) The Augusta
(b) The USS United States
(c) The Titanic
(d) The George Washington
2. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
(a) Selling newspaper and magazine subscriptions
(b) Selling memberships in the Kansas City Automobile Club
(c) Writing a newspaper column as a music critic
(d) Running whiskey for the Pendergast Organization
3. Who did Truman choose to accompany him to meet the train bearing Roosevelt's body?
(a) Eleanor and Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Bess and Margaret Truman
(c) No one. He stood alone.
(d) Jimmy Byrnes and Henry Wallace
4. Who resigns from Truman's cabinet before Potsdam?
(a) Vice President
(b) His intern
(c) Secretary of Treasury
(d) Secretary of War
5. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(a) Truman's mother
(d) Bess's Mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country becomes a focal point of disagreement between USA and the Soviets?
2. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
3. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
4. What is the name of the new organization of countries formed to keep the peace after the world war ends?
5. In November of 1930, something happened to Margaret Truman. What was it?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)