|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
(a) The propellor pin he wore on his suit lapel during the campaign
(b) A trip the VP candidate took by airplane that was similar to the railway tour the President was making.
(c) Barkley's habit of propping himself against a bar to deliver speeches
(d) It refers to the time in his campaign when his plane's propellor fell off
2. Who does Truman appoint as his Secretary of State?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Henry Wallace
(c) Robert E. Lee
(d) Jimmy Byrnes
3. Truman's foreign office is warning him about the after war dangers of which country?
(d) Soviet Union
4. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
(a) Adlai Stevenson
(b) Strom Thurmond
(c) Jefferson Davis
(d) Henry Wallace
5. Which country becomes a focal point of disagreement between USA and the Soviets?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
2. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
3. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
4. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
5. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?" .
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)