|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
(a) Donkeys and Elephants
(b) Hares and Turtles
(c) Goats and Rabbits
(d) Rats and Pigs
2. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
(a) Ku Klux Klan
(b) Local country club
3. Who resigns from Truman's cabinet before Potsdam?
(a) His intern
(b) Secretary of War
(c) Secretary of Treasury
(d) Vice President
4. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
(a) Twent-five Years
(b) Ten years
(c) Three years
(d) One year
5. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?"
(a) A strain of flu duirng the war
(b) The urge to visit the Potomac River rather than working
(c) The tendency of some political appointees to consider themselves more important than they were
(d) The heightened color of skin when people arrived in DC
Short Answer Questions
1. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
2. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
3. What is the name of the new organization of countries formed to keep the peace after the world war ends?
4. Which country becomes a focal point of disagreement between USA and the Soviets?
5. What job does Truman take between his judgeships?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)