|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
(a) Offers of wine
(b) Offers of women
(c) Large amounts of cash
(d) A baseball bat
2. Who resigns from Truman's cabinet before Potsdam?
(a) Vice President
(b) Secretary of Treasury
(c) Secretary of War
(d) His intern
3. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
(a) Charlie Ross
(b) Margaret Truman
(c) Andrew Jackson
(d) Henry Wallace
4. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(c) Bess's Mother
(d) Truman's mother
5. What ship did Truman take to the Potsdam conference?
(a) The Augusta
(b) The USS United States
(c) The Titanic
(d) The George Washington
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Truman appoint as his Secretary of State?
2. Where did the Truman family live until the Roosevelt family departed the White House?
3. Which country becomes a focal point of disagreement between USA and the Soviets?
4. What are two traits Truman especially disliked about his fellow politicians?
5. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)