|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Truman refer to as "Potomac Fever?"
(a) A strain of flu duirng the war
(b) The urge to visit the Potomac River rather than working
(c) The heightened color of skin when people arrived in DC
(d) The tendency of some political appointees to consider themselves more important than they were
2. What was the name of President Truman's custom built railway car?
(a) The George Washington
(b) The Titanic
(c) The Ferdinand Magellan
(d) Pullman Car #3457113
3. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(a) Truman's mother
(b) Bess's Mother
4. Truman's foreign office is warning him about the after war dangers of which country?
(d) Soviet Union
5. What major personal events occur for Harry Truman in Chapter 5?
(a) He is ordained as a preacher and married
(b) He gets married and his daughter is born
(c) He is forced to undergo a paternity test
(d) He is divorced from his first wife and moves to Kansas City
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
2. How long was Truman & Jacobson in business?
3. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
4. What party did Truman belong to?
5. When Truman sends Harry Hopkins to talk to Stalin, he says "use diplomatic language or what?"
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)