|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the extended family of the Truman household, who disciplined Margaret?
(b) Truman's mother
(d) Bess's Mother
2. What was Barkley's "prop-stop" campaign?
(a) Barkley's habit of propping himself against a bar to deliver speeches
(b) The propellor pin he wore on his suit lapel during the campaign
(c) It refers to the time in his campaign when his plane's propellor fell off
(d) A trip the VP candidate took by airplane that was similar to the railway tour the President was making.
3. Who were Truman's lifelong heroes?
(a) Abraham Lincoln and Malcom X
(b) George Washington and Thomas Jefferson
(c) George Bush and Bill Clinton
(d) Andrew Jackson and Robert E. Lee
4. Who was in charge of the Soviet Union when Truman became President?
(b) Josef Stalin
5. What were the nicknames for the divisions in the Missouri Democratic Party?
(a) Rats and Pigs
(b) Donkeys and Elephants
(c) Hares and Turtles
(d) Goats and Rabbits
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number one recommendation from the S-1 Interim Committee to Truman?
2. Who was the leader of the Dixiecrats?
3. Who was the leader of the Progressive Party who was in competition with the Democrats and Republicans in the 1948 election?
4. What questionable organization was Truman encouraged to join by his party?
5. Where did the Truman family live until the Roosevelt family departed the White House?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)