Part 1 Chapter 1
* Truman's maternal grandparents and paternal grandparents migrate to Missouri as farmers in the 1840's
* Truman's ancestors were Scotch-Irish, Baptist, industrious people who loved their country, their families and their freedom
* The history of Missouri is outlined, including the Mormon Difficulties, the American Civil War, and the frightening days of Quantrille's raiders.
* Throughout all of these trials, the Young family and the Truman family continue to keep their property and live in Missouri. The strength of Harry Truman's family bloodlines are presented in a convincing display.
* John Truman and Martha Ellen Young marry in 1881, and begin their life together in Lamar, Missouri.
* John Truman began a business as a mule trader in Lamar. The couple's first child was stillborn.
* In May 1884, Harry S Truman was born to the couple.
Part 1 Chapter 2
* Harry Truman describes his childhood as the happiest imaginable.
* He learns to listen closely and determine...
This section contains 3,904 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)