|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
2. How is Lee typing on the typewriter?
3. Where does Austin want to drive at the end of the scene?
4. Where does Austin shop for groceries?
5. When did Saul make a firm commitment to Lee's project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of one brother loving beginnings and one loving endings? Are they true opposites in every way, or is there an overlap?
Essay Topic 2
Austin physically assaults Lee in the end to get what he wants. While Lee threatened to assault Austin throughout the play, he never actually did. How does this represent a turning point for Austin? For the brothers' relationship? How will the play end after the lights go down? Will the brothers reconcile? Will there be a fight? Will they each survive?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the car keys as a metaphor for the brothers' relationship. Cite specific instances from the text where the keys represent their power struggle.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)