Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
2. Why does Lee want Austin to go outside?
3. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
4. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
5. With what part of the script does Lee want Austin's help?
Essay Topic 1
Austin is an idealist, and even in the midst of his breakdown he thinks about the people without typewriters and golf clubs. Is he experiencing twinges of yuppie guilt? Pick specific instances from the text that lead you to believe one way or another.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of one brother loving beginnings and one loving endings? Are they true opposites in every way, or is there an overlap?
Essay Topic 3
Lee's speech has a markedly "country" dialect, a sharp contrast with Austin's clipped style of speech in the beginning. Take a look back through the dialogue and pinpoint the instance where Austin begins to speak like his brother, with a slight twang. What are the implications of this change?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)