|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee offer Austin if he steals a toaster without getting caught?
2. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
3. How is Lee typing on the typewriter?
4. To what does Saul attribute his sudden change of heart?
5. Where did the old man go to find a dentist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Saul lost a bet, and thus Austin's story was moot and Lee's story moved forward. How does gambling factor into the lives of both brothers? Do they have different ideas of what it is to gamble? Discuss the toasters later in the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the last sound effect of the play, a single coyote in the distance? Of whom or what is it representative?
Essay Topic 3
Lee is an opportunist, a hustler by instinct. Cite four specific instances in the play where Lee creates opportunities for himself throughout the text. Are these opportunities at the expense of other people?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)