|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lee smashing with a golf club?
2. Whom does Lee want to help with the script money?
3. With what do the brothers toast?
4. How does Austin prepare the toast?
5. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why has Lee chosen to live in the desert? Does he feel comfortable in the world of people? In Austin's world? What is Austin's perception of Lee's life? What is Lee's perception of Austin's life?
Essay Topic 2
Do a character study of Lee. Examine his journey in depth throughout the text of the play. Pay special attention to turning points and instances where he must make decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Austin keep choking Lee, though it is clear at some point that he is really hurting him? As the younger brother, how is he asserting his authority? Why has Lee upset him so much?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)