|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what illness does Lee and Austin's father suffer?
2. What is Lee smashing with a golf club?
3. Where does Austin want to learn to live?
4. What does Austin really think about Western stories?
5. To what does Saul attribute his sudden change of heart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of one brother loving beginnings and one loving endings? Are they true opposites in every way, or is there an overlap?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Austin keep choking Lee, though it is clear at some point that he is really hurting him? As the younger brother, how is he asserting his authority? Why has Lee upset him so much?
Essay Topic 3
How is Lee similar to his father? Why is he so offended when Austin offers him money? What happened the last time Austin offered their father money?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)