Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
2. Why does Lee want Austin to go outside?
3. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
4. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
5. With what part of the script does Lee want Austin's help?
Austin decides to leave his current, fairly posh life and live in the harshness of the desert. Why can't Lee understand Austin's need? Does Lee adjust well to his new role as screenwriter? Even Mom does not think Austin could make it in the desert. Does Austin really need to go to the desert, or can he continue to live happily as he was?
How is Lee similar to his father? Why is he so offended when Austin offers him money? What happened the last time Austin offered their father money?
Discuss the implications of the play's title, True West. Which brother represents the true west? Do either of them? Is there such a thing, anymore, of the west? Why or why not?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)