|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lee want to call, though it is either too late or too early?
2. What does Austin ask for from Lee as payment, if he wins the bet?
3. What are Austin's true feeling about Lee's story?
4. How phony does Austin think is Lee's script?
5. What gift has Saul given Lee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the last sound effect of the play, a single coyote in the distance? Of whom or what is it representative?
Essay Topic 2
How do the sound effects play into the story? How do they affect each brother? Are coyotes symbolic of one brother, the other, or both? What about crickets?
Essay Topic 3
Lee's speech has a markedly "country" dialect, a sharp contrast with Austin's clipped style of speech in the beginning. Take a look back through the dialogue and pinpoint the instance where Austin begins to speak like his brother, with a slight twang. What are the implications of this change?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)