|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
2. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What does Lee claim he will do if Austin helps him?
4. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
5. Who has decided to be Lee's agent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Saul really believe Lee's script is good, or is he saving face from losing his bet? He definitely sells that he "goes with his gut" to Austin, but does he really care that much about Lee's script?
Essay Topic 2
Character study of Austin. Examine his journey in depth throughout the text of the play. Pay special attention to turning points and instances where he must make decisions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the implications of the play's title, True West. Which brother represents the true west? Do either of them? Is there such a thing, anymore, of the west? Why or why not?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)