|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom would Saul like to "leave the films"?
2. Where did the old man go to find a dentist?
3. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
4. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
5. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The brothers each admire a quality in each other--for Lee, he admires Austin's smarts and Ivy League education, and Austin admires Lee's adventurousness. How do these identifications contribute to their role reversals? Do the brothers really wish they were like the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the implications of the play's title, True West. Which brother represents the true west? Do either of them? Is there such a thing, anymore, of the west? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Lee marvels at the amount of locks Mom has on the windows and doors. Why would she feel the need for such extreme security measures? Could it have to do with her knowledge of Lee's profession?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)