|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
2. Why does Lee want Austin to go outside?
3. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
4. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
5. With what part of the script does Lee want Austin's help?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of one brother loving beginnings and one loving endings? Are they true opposites in every way, or is there an overlap?
Essay Topic 2
Austin physically assaults Lee in the end to get what he wants. While Lee threatened to assault Austin throughout the play, he never actually did. How does this represent a turning point for Austin? For the brothers' relationship? How will the play end after the lights go down? Will the brothers reconcile? Will there be a fight? Will they each survive?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Austin keep choking Lee, though it is clear at some point that he is really hurting him? As the younger brother, how is he asserting his authority? Why has Lee upset him so much?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)