|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close did Lee get the golf ball to the cup on the ninth hole?
2. Of what does Austin accuse Saul?
3. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8?
4. What utensil does Lee have a difficult time finding?
5. Who claims to love a story's beginnings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do a character study of Lee. Examine his journey in depth throughout the text of the play. Pay special attention to turning points and instances where he must make decisions.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Austin keep choking Lee, though it is clear at some point that he is really hurting him? As the younger brother, how is he asserting his authority? Why has Lee upset him so much?
Essay Topic 3
How do the sound effects play into the story? How do they affect each brother? Are coyotes symbolic of one brother, the other, or both? What about crickets?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)