|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How close did Lee get the golf ball to the cup on the ninth hole?
2. What does Austin ask for from Lee as payment, if he wins the bet?
3. How does Lee describe the time of day?
4. With what part of the script does Lee want Austin's help?
5. Why does Saul believe Lee's script?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the play, Austin is the "people" person and Lee is the loner. Where and how do they reverse roles in the play? Do they reverse back again? What does Mom have to do with their roles?
Essay Topic 2
How do the sound effects play into the story? How do they affect each brother? Are coyotes symbolic of one brother, the other, or both? What about crickets?
Essay Topic 3
How is Lee similar to his father? Why is he so offended when Austin offers him money? What happened the last time Austin offered their father money?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)