|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the old man react when Austin went to give him money?
2. With what part of the script does Lee want Austin's help?
3. How phony does Austin think is Lee's script?
4. Why does Austin not want to go outside?
5. Of what does Austin accuse Saul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the last sound effect of the play, a single coyote in the distance? Of whom or what is it representative?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the car keys as a metaphor for the brothers' relationship. Cite specific instances from the text where the keys represent their power struggle.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the play, Austin is the "people" person and Lee is the loner. Where and how do they reverse roles in the play? Do they reverse back again? What does Mom have to do with their roles?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)