|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Where does Lee want to go?
3. Who does Lee offer to call for Austin after he crashes to the ground?
4. To what does Saul attribute his sudden change of heart?
5. How close did Lee get the golf ball to the cup on the ninth hole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the last sound effect of the play, a single coyote in the distance? Of whom or what is it representative?
Essay Topic 2
Austin physically assaults Lee in the end to get what he wants. While Lee threatened to assault Austin throughout the play, he never actually did. How does this represent a turning point for Austin? For the brothers' relationship? How will the play end after the lights go down? Will the brothers reconcile? Will there be a fight? Will they each survive?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the car keys as a metaphor for the brothers' relationship. Cite specific instances from the text where the keys represent their power struggle.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)