Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
2. Why does Lee want Austin to go outside?
3. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
4. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
5. With what part of the script does Lee want Austin's help?
Essay Topic 1
How do the sound effects play into the story? How do they affect each brother? Are coyotes symbolic of one brother, the other, or both? What about crickets?
Essay Topic 2
Austin physically assaults Lee in the end to get what he wants. While Lee threatened to assault Austin throughout the play, he never actually did. How does this represent a turning point for Austin? For the brothers' relationship? How will the play end after the lights go down? Will the brothers reconcile? Will there be a fight? Will they each survive?
Essay Topic 3
Why has Lee chosen to live in the desert? Does he feel comfortable in the world of people? In Austin's world? What is Austin's perception of Lee's life? What is Lee's perception of Austin's life?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)