|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Austin think Lee convinced Saul to produce his script?
2. How would the money be doled out to the old man?
3. What are Austin's true feeling about Lee's story?
4. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8?
5. With what do the brothers toast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of one brother loving beginnings and one loving endings? Are they true opposites in every way, or is there an overlap?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the play, Austin is the "people" person and Lee is the loner. Where and how do they reverse roles in the play? Do they reverse back again? What does Mom have to do with their roles?
Essay Topic 3
Austin physically assaults Lee in the end to get what he wants. While Lee threatened to assault Austin throughout the play, he never actually did. How does this represent a turning point for Austin? For the brothers' relationship? How will the play end after the lights go down? Will the brothers reconcile? Will there be a fight? Will they each survive?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)