|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Lee get with the money from his screenplay?
2. What do Lee's main characters have in common as the light fades in his screenplay?
3. What problem does Austin have with Lee's script?
4. What kind of coffee does Lee ask for later?
5. What does Lee think about the crickets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mom decide to stay in a hotel?
2. Does Austin earn Lee's respect by stealing the toasters?
3. Give a brief description of Lee's characters' chase scene.
4. Are the brothers jealous of each other?
5. Why does Austin want Lee out of the house during his meeting with Saul?
6. If Austin's story does not go over with the producer, what does Lee offer?
7. What living situation does Austin offer Lee?
8. What is Lee's method of typing?
9. How does Lee manipulate Austin into continuing to write the screenplay?
10. What is one of the ways Lee makes a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee marvels at the amount of locks Mom has on the windows and doors. Why would she feel the need for such extreme security measures? Could it have to do with her knowledge of Lee's profession?
Essay Topic 2
Does Saul really believe Lee's script is good, or is he saving face from losing his bet? He definitely sells that he "goes with his gut" to Austin, but does he really care that much about Lee's script?
Essay Topic 3
Austin decides to leave his current, fairly posh life and live in the harshness of the desert. Why can't Lee understand Austin's need? Does Lee adjust well to his new role as screenwriter? Even Mom does not think Austin could make it in the desert. Does Austin really need to go to the desert, or can he continue to live happily as he was?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)