|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lee go the night before?
2. How does Lee want to clean up after the game?
3. Who is coming to see Austin later?
4. On what does the length of Lee's stay depend?
5. To whom does Lee compare Austin's style of working?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Saul give Lee his gold clubs?
2. Does Austin earn Lee's respect by stealing the toasters?
3. Why does Austin feel he is more in touch with what people want than Lee?
4. Where has Mom gone for vacation, and what specific job did she leave for Austin?
5. How does Austin leave the situation with Saul?
6. Why is Lee offended when Austin offers him money?
7. What roles did the brothers used to take as children?
8. What was the catalyst for Saul dropping Austin's script?
9. How did Lee make a living in the desert?
10. How does Lee manipulate Austin into continuing to write the screenplay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee marvels at the amount of locks Mom has on the windows and doors. Why would she feel the need for such extreme security measures? Could it have to do with her knowledge of Lee's profession?
Essay Topic 2
Austin is an idealist, and even in the midst of his breakdown he thinks about the people without typewriters and golf clubs. Is he experiencing twinges of yuppie guilt? Pick specific instances from the text that lead you to believe one way or another.
Essay Topic 3
Does Saul really believe Lee's script is good, or is he saving face from losing his bet? He definitely sells that he "goes with his gut" to Austin, but does he really care that much about Lee's script?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)