|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Austin ask from Lee at the end of the scene?
2. Why does Saul give Lee a read-through for the script?
3. In the movie, why does Lee think the main character has died?
4. What does Lee throw at the window?
5. How long with Austin let Lee stay at the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Austin lend Lee his car?
2. To what does Lee compare his mother's house?
3. When Lee keeps beating up on the typewriter with the golf club, what does Austin ask him to consider?
4. Does Austin earn Lee's respect by stealing the toasters?
5. What is one of the ways Lee makes a living?
6. If Austin's story does not go over with the producer, what does Lee offer?
7. How do Saul and Lee try to lure Austin to the project?
8. Are the brothers jealous of each other?
9. Why is Austin opposed to doing both scripts at the same time?
10. What is Lee carrying when he enters the scene, and where did he presumably get the item?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why has Lee chosen to live in the desert? Does he feel comfortable in the world of people? In Austin's world? What is Austin's perception of Lee's life? What is Lee's perception of Austin's life?
Essay Topic 2
Saul lost a bet, and thus Austin's story was moot and Lee's story moved forward. How does gambling factor into the lives of both brothers? Do they have different ideas of what it is to gamble? Discuss the toasters later in the play.
Essay Topic 3
How is Lee similar to his father? Why is he so offended when Austin offers him money? What happened the last time Austin offered their father money?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)