Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
2. What time does Austin ask Lee to be back?
3. What does Lee throw at the window?
4. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
5. What does Lee want to watch on the TV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Austin want Lee out of the house during his meeting with Saul?
2. Why did Saul give Lee his gold clubs?
3. Why doesn't Austin think Lee can help their father?
4. To what does Lee compare his mother's house?
5. What roles did the brothers used to take as children?
6. When Lee keeps beating up on the typewriter with the golf club, what does Austin ask him to consider?
7. What living situation does Austin offer Lee?
8. Does Austin earn Lee's respect by stealing the toasters?
9. How does Austin end up being assigned to write Lee's screenplay?
10. How do Saul and Lee try to lure Austin to the project?
The brothers each admire a quality in each other--for Lee, he admires Austin's smarts and Ivy League education, and Austin admires Lee's adventurousness. How do these identifications contribute to their role reversals? Do the brothers really wish they were like the other? Why or why not?
Explain the car keys as a metaphor for the brothers' relationship. Cite specific instances from the text where the keys represent their power struggle.
How do the sound effects play into the story? How do they affect each brother? Are coyotes symbolic of one brother, the other, or both? What about crickets?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)