|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hand does Saul shake before he leaves?
2. What used to be a source of income for Lee?
3. Where does Lee tell Saul the television came from?
4. Where did Lee go the night before?
5. Why does Saul give Lee a read-through for the script?
Short Essay Questions
1. What living situation does Austin offer Lee?
2. Does Lee seem comfortable at the beginning of the play?
3. Why does Austin demand his keys back from Lee?
4. Why is Lee offended when Austin offers him money?
5. How does Lee manipulate Austin into continuing to write the screenplay?
6. Why does Austin stop Lee in the middle of his story?
7. Give a brief description of Lee's characters' chase scene.
8. Does Lee think Austin would be any good at his former profession? Why/why not?
9. Why is Austin opposed to doing both scripts at the same time?
10. Why does Austin want Lee out of the house during his meeting with Saul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lee is an opportunist, a hustler by instinct. Cite four specific instances in the play where Lee creates opportunities for himself throughout the text. Are these opportunities at the expense of other people?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of one brother loving beginnings and one loving endings? Are they true opposites in every way, or is there an overlap?
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the play, Austin is the "people" person and Lee is the loner. Where and how do they reverse roles in the play? Do they reverse back again? What does Mom have to do with their roles?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)