|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What used to be a source of income for Lee?
2. When Austin mentions Lee lived in the desert, where does Saul assume he meant?
3. What sport does Lee invite Saul to play?
4. Whose hand does Saul shake before he leaves?
5. What is one of Lee's main character's realizations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Saul want to admit that he decided on Lee's story because he lost a bet? Why/why not?
2. Why does Austin lend Lee his car?
3. What was the catalyst for Saul dropping Austin's script?
4. Where has Mom gone for vacation, and what specific job did she leave for Austin?
5. Did Austin know Lee was coming to visit?
6. How does Austin leave the situation with Saul?
7. How do Saul and Lee try to lure Austin to the project?
8. How does Lee smoothly insert himself into the conversation?
9. Why is Lee so interested in a true-to-life modern Western?
10. How does Austin assert his authority over Lee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of one brother loving beginnings and one loving endings? Are they true opposites in every way, or is there an overlap?
Essay Topic 2
Does Saul really believe Lee's script is good, or is he saving face from losing his bet? He definitely sells that he "goes with his gut" to Austin, but does he really care that much about Lee's script?
Essay Topic 3
How do the sound effects play into the story? How do they affect each brother? Are coyotes symbolic of one brother, the other, or both? What about crickets?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)