Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
2. What time does Austin ask Lee to be back?
3. What does Lee throw at the window?
4. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
5. What does Lee want to watch on the TV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Austin want Lee out of the house during his meeting with Saul?
2. Why did Saul give Lee his gold clubs?
3. Why doesn't Austin think Lee can help their father?
4. To what does Lee compare his mother's house?
5. What roles did the brothers used to take as children?
6. When Lee keeps beating up on the typewriter with the golf club, what does Austin ask him to consider?
7. What living situation does Austin offer Lee?
8. Does Austin earn Lee's respect by stealing the toasters?
9. How does Austin end up being assigned to write Lee's screenplay?
10. How do Saul and Lee try to lure Austin to the project?
Essay Topic 1
Saul lost a bet, and thus Austin's story was moot and Lee's story moved forward. How does gambling factor into the lives of both brothers? Do they have different ideas of what it is to gamble? Discuss the toasters later in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Why has Lee chosen to live in the desert? Does he feel comfortable in the world of people? In Austin's world? What is Austin's perception of Lee's life? What is Lee's perception of Austin's life?
Essay Topic 3
Lee marvels at the amount of locks Mom has on the windows and doors. Why would she feel the need for such extreme security measures? Could it have to do with her knowledge of Lee's profession?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)