|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee accuse of Austin?
(a) Lee accuses Austin of being a parasite.
(b) Lee accuses Austin of being a sissy.
(c) Lee accuses Austin of being a theif.
(d) Lee accuses Austin of being a murderer.
2. What is the villain of Lee's story pulling behind his truck?
(a) He is pulling his house.
(b) He is pulling a gooseneck cattle trailer.
(c) He is pulling his victims along.
(d) He is pulling his boat.
3. What may the coyotes have done?
(a) They may have settled in Mom's backyard.
(b) They may have killed someone's dog.
(c) They may have chased a neighbor down the block.
(d) They may have started a band.
4. Why does Lee not want to go north with Austin?
(a) He thinks it is too cold.
(b) He has to stay within state lines.
(c) He wants to stay near his wife and children.
(d) He thinks it is too far away.
5. What sport does Lee invite Saul to play?
(d) Table tennis.
6. Where has Lee been spending most of his time?
(a) He has been spending time in the mountains.
(b) He has been spending time out in the ocean.
(c) He has been spending time at the lake.
(d) He has been spending time in the desert.
7. What does Lee threaten to do if Austin does finish the script?
(a) Lee threatens to break all of Mom's things.
(b) Lee threatens to kill Austin's wife.
(c) Lee threatens to break Austin's typewriter.
(d) Lee threatens to steal Austin's car.
8. What time does Austin ask Lee to be back?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Twelve o'clock.
(d) Ten o'clock.
9. What kind of story does Lee have for Saul?
(a) A thriller.
(b) An art film set in France.
(c) A western.
(d) A Renaissance romance.
10. When does Lee suggest they play?
(a) Next month, when they have free time.
(b) The next day at the crack of dawn.
(c) The next week, on Wednesday.
11. What do Lee's main characters have in common as the light fades in his screenplay?
(a) Each character cannot read.
(b) Each character has a daughter.
(c) Each character is afraid.
(d) Each character has brown hair.
12. What would Austin miss in the desert?
(a) Running water.
(d) His typewriter.
13. How long with Austin let Lee stay at the house?
(a) Lee can stay for one night only.
(b) Lee can stay indefinently.
(c) Lee can stay for two days.
(d) Lee can stay as long as Austin is there.
14. Whom does Lee think are involved in most murder cases?
(a) Complete strangers.
15. Why does Saul want Austin to wait before typing out a first draft?
(a) He wants to get some seed money first.
(b) He feels the project will never get off the ground.
(c) He plans to steal the idea and type it himself.
(d) He thinks the story needs fleshing out and plans to bring in a team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way Lee can tell his story?
2. How long did Lee live in the desert?
3. At what kind of table is Lee seated?
4. In the movie, why does Lee think the main character has died?
5. What does Austin think she has that is valuable?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)