|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
2. What time does Austin ask Lee to be back?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Twelve o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Ten o'clock.
3. What does Lee throw at the window?
(a) He throws Mom's flower pot.
(b) He throws a copper pot.
(c) He throws Austin's typewriter.
(d) He throws cans of beer.
4. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
(a) Copper pots, mexican tile, and blonde people.
(b) Old furniture, magazines, and lots of cats.
(c) Money, drugs, and guns.
(d) Dark curtains, black furniture, and pit bulls.
5. What does Lee want to watch on the TV?
(b) Amateur boxing.
(c) The nightly news.
(d) Soap operas.
6. How did Lee always picture Austin?
(a) Lee pictured Austin on campus being chased by blondes.
(b) Lee pictured Austin on a yacht.
(c) Lee pictured Austin typing at a desk.
(d) Lee pictured Austin on an island.
7. What do Lee's main characters have in common as the light fades in his screenplay?
(a) Each character has brown hair.
(b) Each character is afraid.
(c) Each character cannot read.
(d) Each character has a daughter.
8. What does Lee tell Austin to check on the car?
(a) The muffler.
(b) The gas.
(c) The speedometer.
(d) The tire pressure.
9. What actor is in the movie Lee mentions?
(a) Kirk Douglas.
(b) Clint Eastwood.
(c) Brad Pitt.
(d) Paul Newman.
10. Where did Lee go the night before?
(a) He went to Las Vegas.
(b) He went up to the foothills.
(c) He went to Alaska.
(d) He went to visit the old man.
11. How did Austin always picture Lee?
(a) Austin always pictured Lee on adventures.
(b) Austin always pictured Lee in prison.
(c) Austin always pictured Lee in Tahiti.
(d) Austin always pictured Lee with the old man.
12. Why does Lee not want to go north with Austin?
(a) He has to stay within state lines.
(b) He thinks it is too cold.
(c) He thinks it is too far away.
(d) He wants to stay near his wife and children.
13. Whom does Lee think are involved in most murder cases?
(c) Complete strangers.
14. Whose house is Austin house sitting?
(a) He is house sitting Saul's house.
(b) He is house sitting Dad's house.
(c) He is house sitting Lee's house.
(d) He is house sitting Mom's house.
15. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way Lee can tell his story?
2. Why was he passing through the desert?
3. What is the villain of Lee's story pulling behind his truck?
4. Where has Lee been spending most of his time?
5. What is Lee's reaction when Austin suggests he sleep?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)