|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Lee get with the money from his screenplay?
(a) An island.
(b) A nice guitar.
(c) A fancy car.
(d) A ranch.
2. What would Austin miss in the desert?
(a) Running water.
(b) His typewriter.
3. Whom does Lee think are involved in most murder cases?
(a) Complete strangers.
4. Which desert did Lee inhabit?
(a) The Mojave Desert.
(b) The Syrian Desert.
(c) The Sahara Desert.
(d) The Great Sandy Desert.
5. What actor is in the movie Lee mentions?
(a) Brad Pitt.
(b) Paul Newman.
(c) Clint Eastwood.
(d) Kirk Douglas.
6. What is the last western movie Lee has seen?
(a) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
(b) Lonely are the Brave.
(c) Dirty Harry.
(d) True Grit.
7. How did Austin always picture Lee?
(a) Austin always pictured Lee on adventures.
(b) Austin always pictured Lee in Tahiti.
(c) Austin always pictured Lee with the old man.
(d) Austin always pictured Lee in prison.
8. To what does Lee compare Mom's house?
(a) A bank.
(b) A circus.
(c) A prison.
(d) A rest home.
9. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4, what is the time of day?
(a) It is nighttime.
(b) It is morning.
(c) It is evening.
(d) It is afternoon.
10. What kind of swing does Saul mime for Lee?
(a) A Tiger Wood swing.
(b) A John MacIntyre swing.
(c) A Johnny Carson swing.
(d) A Babe Ruth swing.
11. How is the room lit?
(a) The room is lit by sunlight.
(b) The room is lit by 40-watt bulbs.
(c) The room is lit by candlelight.
(d) The room is lit by flourescents.
12. What observation does Lee make about the security of Mom's house?
(a) The house is airtight.
(b) She leaves everything unlocked.
(c) The security is a joke.
(d) She has locks on everything.
13. How did Lee always picture Austin?
(a) Lee pictured Austin on campus being chased by blondes.
(b) Lee pictured Austin typing at a desk.
(c) Lee pictured Austin on an island.
(d) Lee pictured Austin on a yacht.
14. How does Saul feel about Austin's story?
(a) Saul is disappointed, and sure the project will fail.
(b) Saul is excited, and confident that it will get off the ground.
(c) Saul is confused and does not understand Austin's point.
(d) Saul is lukewarm, and needs a few days to mull it over.
15. What is the only way Lee can tell his story?
(a) Lee can write his story down, but cannot tell it out loud.
(b) Lee can imagine his story, but cannot articulate it at all.
(c) Lee can tell his story out loud, but cannot write it down.
(d) Lee can draw his story, but cannot write it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Lee and Austin related?
2. What housekeeping task is Austin fulfilling?
3. What is one of Lee's main character's realizations?
4. What sport does Lee invite Saul to play?
5. Why does Saul need to leave?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)