|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Lee and Austin have seen each other?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) One year.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
2. In the movie, why does Lee think the main character has died?
(a) Lee thinks he has died in battle.
(b) Lee thinks he has died of cancer.
(c) Lee thinks he has died for the love of his horse.
(d) Lee think he has died for the love of a woman.
3. Where is the main character of Lee's script trying to leave?
4. What is the time of day in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is evening.
(b) It is afternoon.
(c) It is not specified.
(d) It is morning.
5. How long did Lee live in the desert?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three months.
6. Why couldn't Lee sleep last night?
(a) The neighbors were too loud.
(b) The coyotes kept him awake.
(c) He was too worried about the old man.
(d) He drank to much caffeine.
7. How is the main character traveling in Lee's script?
(a) He is army crawling because he has been hurt.
(b) He is running, pushing a cart with his belongings.
(c) He is in a truck, pulling his horse trailer and his horse.
(d) He is in a plane, ready to jump out.
8. How did Lee always picture Austin?
(a) Lee pictured Austin on campus being chased by blondes.
(b) Lee pictured Austin on an island.
(c) Lee pictured Austin typing at a desk.
(d) Lee pictured Austin on a yacht.
9. Why was he passing through the desert?
(a) He was passing through to escape the law.
(b) He was passing through to visit the old man.
(c) He was passing through to find Austin.
(d) He was passing through to find a woman.
10. How does Lee describe the heat in the desert?
11. What would Lee get with the money from his screenplay?
(a) An island.
(b) A ranch.
(c) A fancy car.
(d) A nice guitar.
12. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
(a) Because Austin has gotten into so many prominent peoples' houses.
(b) Because Austin went to college.
(c) Because Austin killed the coyotes.
(d) Because Austin is a genius.
13. What kind of story does Lee have for Saul?
(a) A western.
(b) A Renaissance romance.
(c) An art film set in France.
(d) A thriller.
14. What does Austin ask from Lee at the end of the scene?
(a) He asks Lee to leave.
(b) He asks to stay home from golf.
(c) He asks for his keys back.
(d) He asks for his money back.
15. What do Lee's main characters have in common as the light fades in his screenplay?
(a) Each character has a daughter.
(b) Each character is afraid.
(c) Each character cannot read.
(d) Each character has brown hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Lee been spending most of his time?
2. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
3. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Lee throw at the window?
5. To what does Lee compare Mom's house?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)