|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee threaten to do if Austin does finish the script?
(a) Lee threatens to steal Austin's car.
(b) Lee threatens to kill Austin's wife.
(c) Lee threatens to break all of Mom's things.
(d) Lee threatens to break Austin's typewriter.
2. What does Lee accuse of Austin?
(a) Lee accuses Austin of being a sissy.
(b) Lee accuses Austin of being a murderer.
(c) Lee accuses Austin of being a theif.
(d) Lee accuses Austin of being a parasite.
3. Why couldn't Lee sleep last night?
(a) The neighbors were too loud.
(b) He drank to much caffeine.
(c) The coyotes kept him awake.
(d) He was too worried about the old man.
4. What is Lee carrying when he enters?
(a) A stolen radio.
(b) A dead coyote
(c) A stolen television set.
(d) An unconscious woman.
5. What does Lee throw at the window?
(a) He throws Austin's typewriter.
(b) He throws Mom's flower pot.
(c) He throws cans of beer.
(d) He throws a copper pot.
6. What sport does Lee invite Saul to play?
(a) Table tennis.
7. In the movie, why does Lee think the main character has died?
(a) Lee thinks he has died in battle.
(b) Lee thinks he has died for the love of his horse.
(c) Lee think he has died for the love of a woman.
(d) Lee thinks he has died of cancer.
8. Where does Lee tell Saul the television came from?
(a) He says the TV is back from the shop.
(b) He says the TV is a gift from him to Austin.
(c) He says Mom sent it to them.
(d) He says he stole it.
9. What may the coyotes have done?
(a) They may have settled in Mom's backyard.
(b) They may have started a band.
(c) They may have chased a neighbor down the block.
(d) They may have killed someone's dog.
10. What incorrect name does Lee use for Saul?
(a) Mr. Sol.
(b) Mr. Kipper.
(c) Mr. Sally.
(d) Mr. Klapper.
11. How does Lee want to clean up after the game?
(a) He wants to jump in a lake.
(b) He wants to take a hot shower.
(c) He wants to wipe his face with a towel.
(d) He wants to change clothes.
12. How is the room lit?
(a) The room is lit by 40-watt bulbs.
(b) The room is lit by flourescents.
(c) The room is lit by sunlight.
(d) The room is lit by candlelight.
13. What would Lee get with the money from his screenplay?
(a) An island.
(b) A ranch.
(c) A nice guitar.
(d) A fancy car.
14. What is the last western movie Lee has seen?
(a) True Grit.
(b) Dirty Harry.
(c) Lonely are the Brave.
(d) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
15. What is Austin using to write his story?
(a) He is using a voice recorder.
(b) He is using a typewriter.
(c) He is using a ghost writer.
(d) He is using a computer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Lee and Austin have seen each other?
2. How did Austin always picture Lee?
3. What does Lee claim he can tell by the sound of crickets?
4. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
5. How far from the border is Lee's character, according to Lee?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)