|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lee tell Saul the television came from?
(a) He says the TV is a gift from him to Austin.
(b) He says the TV is back from the shop.
(c) He says he stole it.
(d) He says Mom sent it to them.
2. How far from the border is Lee's character, according to Lee?
(a) He is fifty miles from the border.
(b) He is ten miles from the border.
(c) He is right on top of the border.
(d) He is nowhere near the border.
3. What is the shape of Mom's plates?
(a) Her plates are shaped like squares.
(b) Her plates are shaped like Texas.
(c) Her plates are shaped like Idaho.
(d) Her plates are shaped like circles.
4. Where is the main character of Lee's script trying to leave?
5. Why did Lee stop fooling around with art?
(a) He thinks there is no future in art.
(b) He has painful memories and can never again pick up a pen.
(c) He got amnesia and could not remember anything.
(d) He had one bad review and it ruined him.
6. How long has it been since Lee and Austin have seen each other?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
7. Why is Austin concerned about Lee stealing from the neighborhood?
(a) He knows and loved all of his neighbors.
(b) He has flat tires on his car.
(c) Lee sticks out like a sore thumb, and he does not want Lee to get picked up.
(d) He has already stolen everything and there is nothing left.
8. Where has Lee been spending most of his time?
(a) He has been spending time in the mountains.
(b) He has been spending time in the desert.
(c) He has been spending time out in the ocean.
(d) He has been spending time at the lake.
9. Why does Saul want Austin to wait before typing out a first draft?
(a) He wants to get some seed money first.
(b) He thinks the story needs fleshing out and plans to bring in a team.
(c) He plans to steal the idea and type it himself.
(d) He feels the project will never get off the ground.
10. What task does Lee give Austin during the game?
(a) Bat boy.
11. What is Lee concerned about breaking?
(a) He is concerned about breaking his glass.
(b) He is concerned about breaking Austin's concentration.
(c) He is concerned about breaking the table.
(d) He is concerned about breaking the window.
12. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
(a) Austin is paid to drive on the freeway.
(b) Austin is paid to do backbreaking work.
(c) Austin is paid to be worthless.
(d) Austin is paid to sit around and dream.
13. How did Austin always picture Lee?
(a) Austin always pictured Lee with the old man.
(b) Austin always pictured Lee on adventures.
(c) Austin always pictured Lee in Tahiti.
(d) Austin always pictured Lee in prison.
14. What kind of story does Lee have for Saul?
(a) A thriller.
(b) A Renaissance romance.
(c) A western.
(d) An art film set in France.
15. Why couldn't Lee sleep last night?
(a) He drank to much caffeine.
(b) The coyotes kept him awake.
(c) The neighbors were too loud.
(d) He was too worried about the old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
2. How is the main character traveling in Lee's script?
3. What does Lee tell Austin to check on the car?
4. When does Lee suggest they play?
5. Whose house is Austin house sitting?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)