|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4, what is the time of day?
(a) It is nighttime.
(b) It is morning.
(c) It is afternoon.
(d) It is evening.
2. What does Austin think she has that is valuable?
3. How did Lee always picture Austin?
(a) Lee pictured Austin on an island.
(b) Lee pictured Austin on campus being chased by blondes.
(c) Lee pictured Austin on a yacht.
(d) Lee pictured Austin typing at a desk.
4. When does Lee suggest they play?
(b) Next month, when they have free time.
(c) The next day at the crack of dawn.
(d) The next week, on Wednesday.
5. What housekeeping task is Austin fulfilling?
(a) He is vaccuuming.
(b) He is dusting the cabinets.
(c) He is watering the plants.
(d) He is collecting the mail.
6. Which desert did Lee inhabit?
(a) The Mojave Desert.
(b) The Great Sandy Desert.
(c) The Syrian Desert.
(d) The Sahara Desert.
7. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
(a) Money, drugs, and guns.
(b) Old furniture, magazines, and lots of cats.
(c) Copper pots, mexican tile, and blonde people.
(d) Dark curtains, black furniture, and pit bulls.
8. What does Lee want to watch on the TV?
(a) Amateur boxing.
(b) Soap operas.
(c) The nightly news.
9. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
(a) The coyotes yap.
(b) The coyotes are silent.
(c) The coyotes sing.
(d) The coyotes howl.
10. What does Lee want to drink right after the game?
(d) Orange juice.
11. Why couldn't Lee sleep last night?
(a) He was too worried about the old man.
(b) He drank to much caffeine.
(c) The coyotes kept him awake.
(d) The neighbors were too loud.
12. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
(a) Austin is paid to be worthless.
(b) Austin is paid to do backbreaking work.
(c) Austin is paid to sit around and dream.
(d) Austin is paid to drive on the freeway.
13. What does Lee threaten to do if Austin does finish the script?
(a) Lee threatens to break Austin's typewriter.
(b) Lee threatens to break all of Mom's things.
(c) Lee threatens to steal Austin's car.
(d) Lee threatens to kill Austin's wife.
14. What geological feature does Lee point out is missing from the Panhandle?
15. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lee want to clean up after the game?
2. What is the first sound effect present in the stage directions?
3. What is Lee drinking at the beginning of Scene 1?
4. What kind of story does Lee have for Saul?
5. What does Lee tell Austin to check on the car?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)