|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Lee get with the money from his screenplay?
(a) A nice guitar.
(b) A fancy car.
(c) A ranch.
(d) An island.
2. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
(a) Money, drugs, and guns.
(b) Copper pots, mexican tile, and blonde people.
(c) Dark curtains, black furniture, and pit bulls.
(d) Old furniture, magazines, and lots of cats.
3. What would Austin miss in the desert?
(a) His typewriter.
(c) Running water.
4. What kind of swing does Saul mime for Lee?
(a) A Tiger Wood swing.
(b) A Johnny Carson swing.
(c) A John MacIntyre swing.
(d) A Babe Ruth swing.
5. What does Lee threaten to do if Austin does finish the script?
(a) Lee threatens to break Austin's typewriter.
(b) Lee threatens to break all of Mom's things.
(c) Lee threatens to kill Austin's wife.
(d) Lee threatens to steal Austin's car.
6. What does Lee claim he can tell by the sound of crickets?
(a) His future.
(b) The temperature.
(c) The day of the year.
(d) The time of day.
7. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
(a) Because Austin went to college.
(b) Because Austin killed the coyotes.
(c) Because Austin is a genius.
(d) Because Austin has gotten into so many prominent peoples' houses.
8. What is Lee drinking at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) He is drinking milk.
(b) He is drinking soda.
(c) He is drinking tea.
(d) He is drinking beer.
9. What does Lee throw at the window?
(a) He throws Austin's typewriter.
(b) He throws a copper pot.
(c) He throws Mom's flower pot.
(d) He throws cans of beer.
10. Which desert did Lee inhabit?
(a) The Sahara Desert.
(b) The Great Sandy Desert.
(c) The Mojave Desert.
(d) The Syrian Desert.
11. What does Lee tell Austin to check on the car?
(a) The tire pressure.
(b) The gas.
(c) The speedometer.
(d) The muffler.
12. What does Austin ask from Lee at the end of the scene?
(a) He asks Lee to leave.
(b) He asks to stay home from golf.
(c) He asks for his money back.
(d) He asks for his keys back.
13. How long did Lee live in the desert?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
14. What is Lee drinking?
(a) He is drinking soda.
(b) He is drinking coffee.
(c) He is drinking beer.
(d) He is drinking tea.
15. How does Lee describe the heat in the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lee go the night before?
2. What is Lee carrying when he enters?
3. What kind of story does Lee have for Saul?
4. When does Lee suggest they play?
5. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)