|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of story does Lee have for Saul?
(a) A Renaissance romance.
(b) A western.
(c) An art film set in France.
(d) A thriller.
2. Why does Saul give Lee a read-through for the script?
(a) He owes Austin a favor.
(b) He thinks the story is genius already.
(c) Lee has threatened to hit him.
(d) He is always looking for new material.
3. What is one of Lee's main character's realizations?
(a) He is missing his map.
(b) He is going blind.
(c) He is running out of gas.
(d) He has blown a tire.
4. What time does Austin ask Lee to be back?
(a) Twelve o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
5. How long has it been since Lee and Austin have seen each other?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
6. How is the room lit?
(a) The room is lit by flourescents.
(b) The room is lit by sunlight.
(c) The room is lit by candlelight.
(d) The room is lit by 40-watt bulbs.
7. Who is coming to see Austin later?
(b) His wife.
(c) The old man.
(d) A producer.
8. What kind of swing does Saul mime for Lee?
(a) A Babe Ruth swing.
(b) A Tiger Wood swing.
(c) A Johnny Carson swing.
(d) A John MacIntyre swing.
9. What is Austin using to write his story?
(a) He is using a voice recorder.
(b) He is using a typewriter.
(c) He is using a ghost writer.
(d) He is using a computer.
10. What problem does Austin have with Lee's script?
(a) Austin does not think Lee's script is realistic enough.
(b) Austin does not like Lee's characters.
(c) Austin does not think Lee's script has enough dialogue.
(d) Austin is jealous that Lee's script is better than his.
11. What do Lee's main characters have in common as the light fades in his screenplay?
(a) Each character has brown hair.
(b) Each character cannot read.
(c) Each character is afraid.
(d) Each character has a daughter.
12. How did Austin always picture Lee?
(a) Austin always pictured Lee in Tahiti.
(b) Austin always pictured Lee on adventures.
(c) Austin always pictured Lee with the old man.
(d) Austin always pictured Lee in prison.
13. Where is the main character of Lee's script trying to leave?
14. How long did Lee live in the desert?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two years.
15. What does Lee throw at the window?
(a) He throws Mom's flower pot.
(b) He throws Austin's typewriter.
(c) He throws cans of beer.
(d) He throws a copper pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
2. What is Lee's reaction when Austin suggests he sleep?
3. What does Lee accuse of Austin?
4. What did Lee and Austin used to catch in the desert?
5. What geological feature does Lee point out is missing from the Panhandle?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)