|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
(a) Austin is paid to do backbreaking work.
(b) Austin is paid to drive on the freeway.
(c) Austin is paid to sit around and dream.
(d) Austin is paid to be worthless.
2. Why does Saul give Lee a read-through for the script?
(a) He thinks the story is genius already.
(b) He is always looking for new material.
(c) Lee has threatened to hit him.
(d) He owes Austin a favor.
3. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
4. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
5. What beverage does Austin make?
6. What does Lee want to watch on the TV?
(a) The nightly news.
(b) Soap operas.
(c) Amateur boxing.
7. What does Lee threaten to do if Austin does finish the script?
(a) Lee threatens to kill Austin's wife.
(b) Lee threatens to steal Austin's car.
(c) Lee threatens to break all of Mom's things.
(d) Lee threatens to break Austin's typewriter.
8. At what kind of table is Lee seated?
(a) A wooden table.
(b) A folding table.
(c) A glass table.
(d) A metal table.
9. How did Austin always picture Lee?
(a) Austin always pictured Lee in Tahiti.
(b) Austin always pictured Lee in prison.
(c) Austin always pictured Lee with the old man.
(d) Austin always pictured Lee on adventures.
10. What would Austin miss in the desert?
(a) Running water.
(c) His typewriter.
11. What sport does Lee invite Saul to play?
(c) Table tennis.
12. Whose hand does Saul shake before he leaves?
(a) Lee's hand.
(b) Mom's hand.
(c) The old man's hand.
(d) Austin's hand.
13. What is one of Lee's main character's realizations?
(a) He is missing his map.
(b) He has blown a tire.
(c) He is running out of gas.
(d) He is going blind.
14. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
(a) Dark curtains, black furniture, and pit bulls.
(b) Copper pots, mexican tile, and blonde people.
(c) Old furniture, magazines, and lots of cats.
(d) Money, drugs, and guns.
15. Why does Saul want Austin to wait before typing out a first draft?
(a) He wants to get some seed money first.
(b) He thinks the story needs fleshing out and plans to bring in a team.
(c) He feels the project will never get off the ground.
(d) He plans to steal the idea and type it himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Austin ask from Lee at the end of the scene?
2. What do Lee's main characters have in common as the light fades in his screenplay?
3. Why was he passing through the desert?
4. How does Lee want to clean up after the game?
5. What actor is in the movie Lee mentions?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)