|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Lee been spending most of his time?
(a) He has been spending time out in the ocean.
(b) He has been spending time in the mountains.
(c) He has been spending time at the lake.
(d) He has been spending time in the desert.
2. Why does Saul give Lee a read-through for the script?
(a) He is always looking for new material.
(b) Lee has threatened to hit him.
(c) He thinks the story is genius already.
(d) He owes Austin a favor.
3. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
4. What do Lee's main characters have in common as the light fades in his screenplay?
(a) Each character has a daughter.
(b) Each character is afraid.
(c) Each character cannot read.
(d) Each character has brown hair.
5. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
(a) Austin is paid to drive on the freeway.
(b) Austin is paid to be worthless.
(c) Austin is paid to do backbreaking work.
(d) Austin is paid to sit around and dream.
6. Where did Lee go the night before?
(a) He went to Alaska.
(b) He went to Las Vegas.
(c) He went to visit the old man.
(d) He went up to the foothills.
7. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(c) The information is not provided.
8. What beverage does Austin make?
9. When Austin mentions Lee lived in the desert, where does Saul assume he meant?
(a) The Mojave.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Palm Springs.
10. What does Lee tell Austin to check on the car?
(a) The muffler.
(b) The gas.
(c) The speedometer.
(d) The tire pressure.
11. What does Lee accuse of Austin?
(a) Lee accuses Austin of being a murderer.
(b) Lee accuses Austin of being a theif.
(c) Lee accuses Austin of being a sissy.
(d) Lee accuses Austin of being a parasite.
12. Why is Austin concerned about Lee stealing from the neighborhood?
(a) He knows and loved all of his neighbors.
(b) He has already stolen everything and there is nothing left.
(c) He has flat tires on his car.
(d) Lee sticks out like a sore thumb, and he does not want Lee to get picked up.
13. Whom does Lee think are involved in most murder cases?
(d) Complete strangers.
14. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
(a) Old furniture, magazines, and lots of cats.
(b) Money, drugs, and guns.
(c) Copper pots, mexican tile, and blonde people.
(d) Dark curtains, black furniture, and pit bulls.
15. What is Lee's reaction when Austin suggests he sleep?
(a) Lee promptly falls asleep.
(b) Lee throws a bottle.
(c) Lee says he does not sleep.
(d) Lee begins to cook them a meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
2. What is Lee drinking at the beginning of Scene 1?
3. How are Lee and Austin related?
4. How far from the border is Lee's character, according to Lee?
5. What is one of Lee's main character's realizations?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)