|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of swing does Saul mime for Lee?
(a) A Johnny Carson swing.
(b) A Tiger Wood swing.
(c) A John MacIntyre swing.
(d) A Babe Ruth swing.
2. Why is Austin concerned about Lee stealing from the neighborhood?
(a) He has already stolen everything and there is nothing left.
(b) Lee sticks out like a sore thumb, and he does not want Lee to get picked up.
(c) He knows and loved all of his neighbors.
(d) He has flat tires on his car.
3. What sport does Lee invite Saul to play?
(d) Table tennis.
4. What is Lee carrying when he enters?
(a) A stolen radio.
(b) A dead coyote
(c) An unconscious woman.
(d) A stolen television set.
5. What does Lee claim he can tell by the sound of crickets?
(a) The time of day.
(b) The day of the year.
(c) The temperature.
(d) His future.
6. How long has it been since Lee and Austin have seen each other?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
7. Which desert did Lee inhabit?
(a) The Mojave Desert.
(b) The Great Sandy Desert.
(c) The Sahara Desert.
(d) The Syrian Desert.
8. What incorrect name does Lee use for Saul?
(a) Mr. Kipper.
(b) Mr. Sally.
(c) Mr. Sol.
(d) Mr. Klapper.
9. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
10. Why does Saul need to leave?
(a) He has to feed his cat.
(b) He needs to make it to his dinner date.
(c) He needs to hit the freeway before rush hour.
(d) He has another meeting scheduled.
11. What is Lee drinking at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) He is drinking soda.
(b) He is drinking tea.
(c) He is drinking beer.
(d) He is drinking milk.
12. Who have Lee and Austin recently been to see?
(a) Their girlfriends.
(c) A therapist.
(d) The old man.
13. To whom does Lee compare Austin's style of working?
(a) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) The Forefathers.
14. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
15. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
(a) The coyotes sing.
(b) The coyotes yap.
(c) The coyotes are silent.
(d) The coyotes howl.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Austin mentions Lee lived in the desert, where does Saul assume he meant?
2. How does Lee describe the heat in the desert?
3. Whose house is Austin house sitting?
4. Why was he passing through the desert?
5. What does Lee want to drink right after the game?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)