|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What geological feature does Lee point out is missing from the Panhandle?
2. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
(a) Austin is paid to drive on the freeway.
(b) Austin is paid to sit around and dream.
(c) Austin is paid to be worthless.
(d) Austin is paid to do backbreaking work.
3. What task does Lee give Austin during the game?
(a) Bat boy.
4. What does Lee claim he can tell by the sound of crickets?
(a) The temperature.
(b) The day of the year.
(c) The time of day.
(d) His future.
5. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
6. What does Lee throw at the window?
(a) He throws Austin's typewriter.
(b) He throws a copper pot.
(c) He throws cans of beer.
(d) He throws Mom's flower pot.
7. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
(a) Money, drugs, and guns.
(b) Copper pots, mexican tile, and blonde people.
(c) Old furniture, magazines, and lots of cats.
(d) Dark curtains, black furniture, and pit bulls.
8. What is the villain of Lee's story pulling behind his truck?
(a) He is pulling his victims along.
(b) He is pulling a gooseneck cattle trailer.
(c) He is pulling his house.
(d) He is pulling his boat.
9. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
(a) Because Austin is a genius.
(b) Because Austin has gotten into so many prominent peoples' houses.
(c) Because Austin killed the coyotes.
(d) Because Austin went to college.
10. How does Lee describe the heat in the desert?
11. How is the main character traveling in Lee's script?
(a) He is running, pushing a cart with his belongings.
(b) He is in a plane, ready to jump out.
(c) He is army crawling because he has been hurt.
(d) He is in a truck, pulling his horse trailer and his horse.
12. What would Austin miss in the desert?
(b) His typewriter.
(c) Running water.
13. What time does Austin ask Lee to be back?
(a) Twelve o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
14. What does Lee think about the crickets?
(a) Lee thinks the crickets are an epidemic.
(b) Lee loves crickets and collects them.
(c) Lee find the crickets monotonous.
(d) Lee thinks the crickets are creepy.
15. Where does Lee tell Saul the television came from?
(a) He says the TV is back from the shop.
(b) He says the TV is a gift from him to Austin.
(c) He says he stole it.
(d) He says Mom sent it to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee want to watch on the TV?
2. Why is Austin concerned about Lee stealing from the neighborhood?
3. What is one of Lee's main character's realizations?
4. What is Lee drinking?
5. What sport does Lee invite Saul to play?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)