|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Lee and Austin have seen each other?
(a) One year.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
2. What is Austin using to write his story?
(a) He is using a computer.
(b) He is using a ghost writer.
(c) He is using a typewriter.
(d) He is using a voice recorder.
3. What is Lee drinking at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) He is drinking tea.
(b) He is drinking beer.
(c) He is drinking milk.
(d) He is drinking soda.
4. What does Austin think she has that is valuable?
5. How is the room lit?
(a) The room is lit by candlelight.
(b) The room is lit by flourescents.
(c) The room is lit by sunlight.
(d) The room is lit by 40-watt bulbs.
6. What is the villain of Lee's story pulling behind his truck?
(a) He is pulling his boat.
(b) He is pulling his house.
(c) He is pulling his victims along.
(d) He is pulling a gooseneck cattle trailer.
7. What sound do coyotes make in the city?
(a) The coyotes are silent.
(b) The coyotes sing.
(c) The coyotes yap.
(d) The coyotes howl.
8. What does Lee threaten to do if Austin does finish the script?
(a) Lee threatens to break Austin's typewriter.
(b) Lee threatens to kill Austin's wife.
(c) Lee threatens to steal Austin's car.
(d) Lee threatens to break all of Mom's things.
9. Whom does Lee think are involved in most murder cases?
(b) Complete strangers.
10. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
(a) Austin is paid to sit around and dream.
(b) Austin is paid to drive on the freeway.
(c) Austin is paid to do backbreaking work.
(d) Austin is paid to be worthless.
11. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
(a) Because Austin killed the coyotes.
(b) Because Austin has gotten into so many prominent peoples' houses.
(c) Because Austin is a genius.
(d) Because Austin went to college.
12. How long did Lee live in the desert?
(a) One week.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two years.
13. Where did Lee go the night before?
(a) He went to Alaska.
(b) He went to visit the old man.
(c) He went to Las Vegas.
(d) He went up to the foothills.
14. Why was he passing through the desert?
(a) He was passing through to find Austin.
(b) He was passing through to visit the old man.
(c) He was passing through to escape the law.
(d) He was passing through to find a woman.
15. What is the shape of Mom's plates?
(a) Her plates are shaped like circles.
(b) Her plates are shaped like Idaho.
(c) Her plates are shaped like Texas.
(d) Her plates are shaped like squares.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the main character traveling in Lee's script?
2. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
3. What is Lee drinking?
4. What actor is in the movie Lee mentions?
5. Whose hand does Saul shake before he leaves?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)