|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saul feel about Austin's story?
(a) Saul is disappointed, and sure the project will fail.
(b) Saul is confused and does not understand Austin's point.
(c) Saul is lukewarm, and needs a few days to mull it over.
(d) Saul is excited, and confident that it will get off the ground.
2. What task does Lee give Austin during the game?
(b) Bat boy.
3. What is the first sound effect present in the stage directions?
(a) Children playing.
(d) An old-time song on the radio.
4. What is the time of day in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) It is afternoon.
(b) It is evening.
(c) It is morning.
(d) It is not specified.
5. What actor is in the movie Lee mentions?
(a) Kirk Douglas.
(b) Clint Eastwood.
(c) Paul Newman.
(d) Brad Pitt.
6. Why is Austin concerned about Lee stealing from the neighborhood?
(a) He has flat tires on his car.
(b) Lee sticks out like a sore thumb, and he does not want Lee to get picked up.
(c) He knows and loved all of his neighbors.
(d) He has already stolen everything and there is nothing left.
7. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
(a) Money, drugs, and guns.
(b) Dark curtains, black furniture, and pit bulls.
(c) Old furniture, magazines, and lots of cats.
(d) Copper pots, mexican tile, and blonde people.
8. How long with Austin let Lee stay at the house?
(a) Lee can stay indefinently.
(b) Lee can stay for one night only.
(c) Lee can stay for two days.
(d) Lee can stay as long as Austin is there.
9. What is the only way Lee can tell his story?
(a) Lee can tell his story out loud, but cannot write it down.
(b) Lee can write his story down, but cannot tell it out loud.
(c) Lee can draw his story, but cannot write it.
(d) Lee can imagine his story, but cannot articulate it at all.
10. What is one of Lee's main character's realizations?
(a) He is going blind.
(b) He is running out of gas.
(c) He has blown a tire.
(d) He is missing his map.
11. What geological feature does Lee point out is missing from the Panhandle?
12. How did Lee always picture Austin?
(a) Lee pictured Austin on a yacht.
(b) Lee pictured Austin on an island.
(c) Lee pictured Austin typing at a desk.
(d) Lee pictured Austin on campus being chased by blondes.
13. Why does Saul need to leave?
(a) He has to feed his cat.
(b) He needs to make it to his dinner date.
(c) He needs to hit the freeway before rush hour.
(d) He has another meeting scheduled.
14. When does Lee suggest they play?
(a) The next day at the crack of dawn.
(c) Next month, when they have free time.
(d) The next week, on Wednesday.
15. What does Saul tell Lee to do with his story?
(a) Lee is to work on his story for three years, then bring it back to Saul.
(b) Lee is told to take his story and shove it.
(c) Lee is to dictate the story to Austin, who will write an outline.
(d) Lee is to go and find actors for his script.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hand does Saul shake before he leaves?
2. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How long did Lee live in the desert?
4. Which desert did Lee inhabit?
5. What does Lee think about the crickets?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)