|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lee drinking?
(a) He is drinking tea.
(b) He is drinking soda.
(c) He is drinking coffee.
(d) He is drinking beer.
2. Where did Lee go the night before?
(a) He went up to the foothills.
(b) He went to Las Vegas.
(c) He went to Alaska.
(d) He went to visit the old man.
3. What does Lee throw at the window?
(a) He throws Austin's typewriter.
(b) He throws Mom's flower pot.
(c) He throws a copper pot.
(d) He throws cans of beer.
4. Whom does Lee think are involved in most murder cases?
(b) Complete strangers.
5. Who have Lee and Austin recently been to see?
(a) Their girlfriends.
(b) A therapist.
(c) The old man.
6. How far from the border is Lee's character, according to Lee?
(a) He is nowhere near the border.
(b) He is fifty miles from the border.
(c) He is right on top of the border.
(d) He is ten miles from the border.
7. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
(a) The coyotes yap.
(b) The coyotes howl.
(c) The coyotes sing.
(d) The coyotes are silent.
8. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
9. How does Lee want to clean up after the game?
(a) He wants to change clothes.
(b) He wants to take a hot shower.
(c) He wants to jump in a lake.
(d) He wants to wipe his face with a towel.
10. What is the only way Lee can tell his story?
(a) Lee can tell his story out loud, but cannot write it down.
(b) Lee can draw his story, but cannot write it.
(c) Lee can write his story down, but cannot tell it out loud.
(d) Lee can imagine his story, but cannot articulate it at all.
11. Whose house is Austin house sitting?
(a) He is house sitting Saul's house.
(b) He is house sitting Lee's house.
(c) He is house sitting Mom's house.
(d) He is house sitting Dad's house.
12. When does Lee suggest they play?
(b) The next week, on Wednesday.
(c) The next day at the crack of dawn.
(d) Next month, when they have free time.
13. What is the last western movie Lee has seen?
(a) Lonely are the Brave.
(b) True Grit.
(c) Dirty Harry.
(d) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
14. Where does Lee tell Saul the television came from?
(a) He says the TV is back from the shop.
(b) He says Mom sent it to them.
(c) He says he stole it.
(d) He says the TV is a gift from him to Austin.
15. How are Lee and Austin related?
(a) They are brothers-in-law.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Lee make about the security of Mom's house?
2. What would Lee get with the money from his screenplay?
3. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
4. How does Saul feel about Austin's story?
5. When Austin mentions Lee lived in the desert, where does Saul assume he meant?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)