|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee think about the crickets?
(a) Lee loves crickets and collects them.
(b) Lee find the crickets monotonous.
(c) Lee thinks the crickets are creepy.
(d) Lee thinks the crickets are an epidemic.
2. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
(a) Copper pots, mexican tile, and blonde people.
(b) Old furniture, magazines, and lots of cats.
(c) Money, drugs, and guns.
(d) Dark curtains, black furniture, and pit bulls.
3. What does Lee threaten to do if Austin does finish the script?
(a) Lee threatens to break all of Mom's things.
(b) Lee threatens to steal Austin's car.
(c) Lee threatens to kill Austin's wife.
(d) Lee threatens to break Austin's typewriter.
4. What is the shape of Mom's plates?
(a) Her plates are shaped like circles.
(b) Her plates are shaped like Texas.
(c) Her plates are shaped like squares.
(d) Her plates are shaped like Idaho.
5. Where did Lee go the night before?
(a) He went to visit the old man.
(b) He went up to the foothills.
(c) He went to Alaska.
(d) He went to Las Vegas.
6. What is the first sound effect present in the stage directions?
(b) An old-time song on the radio.
(d) Children playing.
7. What does Austin ask from Lee at the end of the scene?
(a) He asks for his keys back.
(b) He asks for his money back.
(c) He asks to stay home from golf.
(d) He asks Lee to leave.
8. What beverage does Austin make?
9. How is the room lit?
(a) The room is lit by sunlight.
(b) The room is lit by candlelight.
(c) The room is lit by 40-watt bulbs.
(d) The room is lit by flourescents.
10. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4, what is the time of day?
(a) It is evening.
(b) It is afternoon.
(c) It is morning.
(d) It is nighttime.
11. Why does Saul need to leave?
(a) He has another meeting scheduled.
(b) He needs to make it to his dinner date.
(c) He has to feed his cat.
(d) He needs to hit the freeway before rush hour.
12. What task does Lee give Austin during the game?
(d) Bat boy.
13. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
14. Why does Lee not want to go north with Austin?
(a) He thinks it is too cold.
(b) He thinks it is too far away.
(c) He wants to stay near his wife and children.
(d) He has to stay within state lines.
15. What kind of coffee does Lee ask for later?
(a) He asks for a cappachino.
(b) He asks for coffee from the bean.
(c) He asks for espresso.
(d) He asks for a latte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lee's main characters have in common as the light fades in his screenplay?
2. What is Lee's reaction when Austin suggests he sleep?
3. Why does Saul want Austin to wait before typing out a first draft?
4. What would Austin miss in the desert?
5. How are Lee and Austin related?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)