|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4, what is the time of day?
(a) It is morning.
(b) It is evening.
(c) It is afternoon.
(d) It is nighttime.
2. When does Lee suggest they play?
(a) The next day at the crack of dawn.
(c) Next month, when they have free time.
(d) The next week, on Wednesday.
3. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
(a) The coyotes yap.
(b) The coyotes howl.
(c) The coyotes sing.
(d) The coyotes are silent.
4. What is the villain of Lee's story pulling behind his truck?
(a) He is pulling a gooseneck cattle trailer.
(b) He is pulling his victims along.
(c) He is pulling his boat.
(d) He is pulling his house.
5. What problem does Austin have with Lee's script?
(a) Austin does not think Lee's script has enough dialogue.
(b) Austin does not think Lee's script is realistic enough.
(c) Austin is jealous that Lee's script is better than his.
(d) Austin does not like Lee's characters.
6. How far from the border is Lee's character, according to Lee?
(a) He is nowhere near the border.
(b) He is right on top of the border.
(c) He is fifty miles from the border.
(d) He is ten miles from the border.
7. At what kind of table is Lee seated?
(a) A metal table.
(b) A glass table.
(c) A folding table.
(d) A wooden table.
8. When Austin mentions Lee lived in the desert, where does Saul assume he meant?
(a) Palm Springs.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) The Mojave.
9. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
(a) Austin is paid to drive on the freeway.
(b) Austin is paid to sit around and dream.
(c) Austin is paid to be worthless.
(d) Austin is paid to do backbreaking work.
10. To whom does Lee compare Austin's style of working?
(a) The Forefathers.
(c) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
(d) Elvis Presley.
11. What is Lee concerned about breaking?
(a) He is concerned about breaking Austin's concentration.
(b) He is concerned about breaking the table.
(c) He is concerned about breaking his glass.
(d) He is concerned about breaking the window.
12. What is Austin using to write his story?
(a) He is using a computer.
(b) He is using a ghost writer.
(c) He is using a voice recorder.
(d) He is using a typewriter.
13. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
(a) Dark curtains, black furniture, and pit bulls.
(b) Money, drugs, and guns.
(c) Copper pots, mexican tile, and blonde people.
(d) Old furniture, magazines, and lots of cats.
14. What did Lee and Austin used to catch in the desert?
15. What observation does Lee make about the security of Mom's house?
(a) She has locks on everything.
(b) She leaves everything unlocked.
(c) The house is airtight.
(d) The security is a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lee not want to go north with Austin?
2. What geological feature does Lee point out is missing from the Panhandle?
3. In the movie, why does Lee think the main character has died?
4. Who is coming to see Austin later?
5. What may the coyotes have done?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)