|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this section hard to keep track of?
2. What is the only reason Ned keeps writing?
3. What is included in the parcel?
4. On what does Ned finally give up?
5. What does Mary do when she sees the boys show up in dresses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ned decide he is fed up with being honorable?
2. Where do Ned and his friends prepare for the fight?
3. How does the gang get split up?
4. What are "blood letters"?
5. How does Wild Wright assist the gang?
6. About what does Ned dream?
7. What do the police do to the women and children?
8. What happens once the fight ensues?
9. What do Dan, Joe, and Ned do?
10. What is ironic about what happens to both Ellen and Uncle James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ned is often betrayed by those he trusts.
Part 1) Who betrays him?
Part 2) How is he betrayed?
Part 3) How does he handle these betrayals? Is it always the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Those with power frequently take advantage of the poor.
Part 1) Give examples from the text.
Part 2) How do the poor handle the mistreatment?
Part 3) Compare those in power in the story to those in power today.
Essay Topic 3
Ned frequently tries to get his story printed.
Part 1) How does he attempt to get is printed?
Part 2) Why does it fail?
Part 3) Is he successful in the end? Why or why not?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)