|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned's sister, Katie, do for Mary?
2. On what does Ned finally give up?
3. Why can Ned not find a printer?
4. In what has Ned lost faith?
5. What has Ellen been sentenced to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Ned's last words?
2. How does Ned get the revelation to rob banks and give the money away?
3. How does the gang get split up?
4. What happens between Ned and Mary?
5. What happens to the two constables the gang ambushes?
6. How does Ned react to his 58-page letter not getting printed?
7. What happens to Ned's accounts of the true story?
8. Why can the gang not stop?
9. Why does Ned hear from Mary? How does he react?
10. What are "blood letters"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Kelly family is not unfamiliar with prison.
Part 1) Who in the Kelly family has been to prison?
Part 2) Of what are many of them guilty?
Part 3) Are they charged with fair sentences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Ned says the papers do not tell the true story.
Part 1) Why do they not tell the truth?
Part 2) What does Ned do about it?
Part 3) Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Ned says he will not leave Australia until his mother is released from prison.
Part 1) Why will he not leave without his mother?
Part 2) What is the Oedipus Complex?
Part 3) Are there any hints in the story to suggest Ned has an Oedipus Complex?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)