|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Ned not find a printer?
2. What happens when Joe comes back with the news that Aaron has betrayed them all?
3. How does this section end?
4. What does Joe see from a hidden vantage point?
5. What do Joe, Steve, and Dan think is happening to Ned, until the news breaks out about the birth of Ned's child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wild Wright assist the gang?
2. How does Thomas Crunow betray the gang?
3. What happens to the letter that the politician Cameron receives?
4. How does Ned get the revelation to rob banks and give the money away?
5. Why can the gang not stop?
6. How does Ned get the idea to build armor. How successful is the armor?
7. What is significant about Ned's last words?
8. Why does Ned hear from Mary? How does he react?
9. What does the sudden abruptness of the chapter suggest?
10. For what does Ned request before he dies? What happens to these requests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Kelly family is not unfamiliar with prison.
Part 1) Who in the Kelly family has been to prison?
Part 2) Of what are many of them guilty?
Part 3) Are they charged with fair sentences? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Ned says the papers do not tell the true story.
Part 1) Why do they not tell the truth?
Part 2) What does Ned do about it?
Part 3) Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Ned says he will not leave Australia until his mother is released from prison.
Part 1) Why will he not leave without his mother?
Part 2) What is the Oedipus Complex?
Part 3) Are there any hints in the story to suggest Ned has an Oedipus Complex?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)