|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only reason Ned keeps writing?
2. Why do constables and local politicians arrest twenty-one people for just knowing Ned Kelly?
3. Why are the police desperate to arrest anyone they can?
4. What are Ned's last words?
5. What is one of Ned's final requests?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ned's accounts of the true story?
2. How does Wild Wright assist the gang?
3. How does Ned start to get involved with the family again?
4. How does Thomas Crunow betray the gang?
5. About what does Ned dream?
6. What do the police do to the women and children?
7. Why does Ned hear from Mary? How does he react?
8. What does the sudden abruptness of the chapter suggest?
9. What happens to the letter that the politician Cameron receives?
10. For what does Ned request before he dies? What happens to these requests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ned finally gives up on writing letters.
Part 1) Why does he give up?
Part 2) What does this show about his character?
Part 3) How do his last words reflect this attitude?
Essay Topic 2
Ned sacrifices his reputation and freedom for others.
Part 1) How does he sacrifice himself?
Part 2) Why does he sacrifice himself?
Part 3) Do these sacrifices serve a purpose in the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Ned frequently tries to get his story printed.
Part 1) How does he attempt to get is printed?
Part 2) Why does it fail?
Part 3) Is he successful in the end? Why or why not?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)