|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Crunow act?
2. What is included in the parcel?
3. Where is Ned when the constables close in on Dan, Steve, and Joe?
4. Of what is Ned falsely accused?
5. What does the gang recruit men in their own county to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ned's accounts of the true story?
2. For what does Ned request before he dies? What happens to these requests?
3. What are "blood letters"?
4. Where do Ned and his friends prepare for the fight?
5. How does Ned get Mary to believe him about the "murders?"
6. What makes one wonder if this is a dream at all?
7. Why can the gang not stop?
8. How does the gang get split up?
9. What is ironic about what happens to both Ellen and Uncle James?
10. What do Dan, Joe, and Ned do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ned Kelly, according to the "Unmarked Prelude," is the author.
Part 1) Who is Ned Kelly?
Part 2) Why is he supposedly writing this story?
Part 3) What might Australians think of this story?
Essay Topic 2
Ned experiences a great amount of loss.
Part 1) Who does he lose?
Part 2) What does he lose?
Part 3) How does this loss affect his character?
Essay Topic 3
Folklore and fantasy are woven with reality in this tale.
Part 1) Give examples of folklore or fantasy in this story.
Part 2) Is the fantasy meant to have happened or it is symbolic? Explain.
Part 3) What is the purpose of this fantasy?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)