|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who puts them up hope about the boys in dresses?
2. Why does Ned want to kill George King?
3. What does Mary do to the constables?
4. What is Mary's father's job?
5. Why does Mary feel she can tell the true story of the Sons of Sieve?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what does Ned request before he dies? What happens to these requests?
2. Where do Ned and his friends prepare for the fight?
3. Why can the gang not stop?
4. What do the police do to the women and children?
5. How does Wild Wright assist the gang?
6. What is ironic about what happens to both Ellen and Uncle James?
7. What does the sudden abruptness of the chapter suggest?
8. How does Ned get the idea to build armor. How successful is the armor?
9. How does Ned react to his 58-page letter not getting printed?
10. What makes one wonder if this is a dream at all?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ned's last words are "such is life."
Part 1) What does he mean by this?
Part 2) What does this say about his character?
Part 3) What does this say about poor Irish Australians?
Essay Topic 2
Ned's mother sells hims to Harry Power, a bush ranger.
Part 1) Why does she sell him to Harry Power?
Part 2) How is Ned's life changed by living with Harry?
Part 3) What advice does Harry give Ned that is the best advice he could ever receive? Why is it so good?
Essay Topic 3
Ned is compared to Robin Hood.
Part 1) Who is Robin Hood?
Part 2) Compare Ned and Robin Hood.
Part 3) Contrast Ned and Robin Hood.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)