|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned's mother do to him after his father's death?
2. Who is Tom Lloyd?
3. What does his mother give Ned to wear for when the police come to take him in?
4. How does Ned's honor result in him going to prison for six months?
5. About what is Ned not concerned?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
2. Why does Ned become lawless?
3. What becomes of Annie and Jem?
4. How does baby Ellen die?
5. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
6. What is this story about?
7. What experience do the Kellys have with prison?
8. Why does Ned not know his mother has sold him to the bush ranger, Henry Power?
9. How do people feel about Ned Kelly?
10. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The gang, and others, write "blood letters."
Part 1) What are "blood letters"?
Part 2) To whom do they specifically write letters?
Part 3) Are these letters successful?
Essay Topic 2
Ned Kelly, according to the "Unmarked Prelude," is the author.
Part 1) Who is Ned Kelly?
Part 2) Why is he supposedly writing this story?
Part 3) What might Australians think of this story?
Essay Topic 3
Ellen Kelly begins as a fiery, independent woman.
Part 1) What evidence proves this?
Part 2) How does she change?
Part 3) What might be the reason or reasons for her change of character?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)