|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Edward Rogers, owner or the barroom, do for Ned and Wild?
2. To whom is Alex Gunn engaged?
3. Of what does Ellen Quinn decide the family should be taking advantage?
4. What do Ned and Harry travel through to get to Bill?
5. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
2. Uncle James makes a good impression on the family, but how does that change?
3. What does Ben do that Ned protects him by doing his prison time?
4. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
5. Where does Ned move? Why?
6. How are Ned's plans changed once he hears about Bill's affair?
7. What happens after Ellen slaps Sergeant O'Neil?
8. How is Bill similar to Red?
9. Where does Ned work?
10. What does Ned do when he sees Dick Shelton drowning in the creek?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Red's death, Ellen entertains many suitors.
Part 1) Who are some of these suitors?
Part 2) What does she do to marry Bill Frost?
Part 3) How are these suitors similar to her dead husband?
Essay Topic 2
Ned's last words are "such is life."
Part 1) What does he mean by this?
Part 2) What does this say about his character?
Part 3) What does this say about poor Irish Australians?
Essay Topic 3
Ned Kelly, according to the "Unmarked Prelude," is the author.
Part 1) Who is Ned Kelly?
Part 2) Why is he supposedly writing this story?
Part 3) What might Australians think of this story?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)