|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry Power says, "forget your mamma. There ain't no happiness for neither of us at Eleven Mile Creek." What is significant about this statement?
2. What does Ned say about how much he and his father communicate the final eight months of his father's life?
3. Who seduces Annie while Alex Gunn is still in prison, and gets her pregnant?
4. What does Ellen do when she is convinced Bill is gone and will not come back?
5. What does Wild Wright not tell Ned about the horse he is allowing him to borrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
2. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
3. How does Ned respond to Patchy Moran spreading a rumor about his father?
4. How are Ned's plans changed once he hears about Bill's affair?
5. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
6. According to the "Unmarked Prelude," who writes this book, and why does he write it?
7. How do people feel about Ned Kelly?
8. Where does Ned work?
9. What does Ned do when he sees Dick Shelton drowning in the creek?
10. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ned frequently tries to get his story printed.
Part 1) How does he attempt to get is printed?
Part 2) Why does it fail?
Part 3) Is he successful in the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Ned goes from being an honorable young man, to a fugitive, and finally to a bush ranger.
Part 1) What evidence shows he is honorable?
Part 2) What turns him into a fugitive?
Part 3) What is a bush ranger? At what point does he become a bush ranger?
Essay Topic 3
Ned says he will not leave Australia until his mother is released from prison.
Part 1) Why will he not leave without his mother?
Part 2) What is the Oedipus Complex?
Part 3) Are there any hints in the story to suggest Ned has an Oedipus Complex?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)