|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ned respond to the commissioner?
2. What are extremely dangerous, and their bites are worse than the worst wasp sting?
3. What is Ellen's admission that no profit is ever going to show up from the cloth idea?
4. What does Ned not know, at first, about Officer Fitzpatrick?
5. Who does Ned meet for the first time at this meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
2. Why does Ned become unhappy on the new property?
3. How are Ned's plans changed once he hears about Bill's affair?
4. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
5. How is Bill similar to Red?
6. What happens after Ellen slaps Sergeant O'Neil?
7. Where does Ned move? Why?
8. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
9. Who does Ned say gives up Harry Power to the authorities?
10. Why is Ned amazed to see how easily his mother is bullied by Bill Frost?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ned says he will not leave Australia until his mother is released from prison.
Part 1) Why will he not leave without his mother?
Part 2) What is the Oedipus Complex?
Part 3) Are there any hints in the story to suggest Ned has an Oedipus Complex?
Essay Topic 2
Ned is compared to Robin Hood.
Part 1) Who is Robin Hood?
Part 2) Compare Ned and Robin Hood.
Part 3) Contrast Ned and Robin Hood.
Essay Topic 3
Ned experiences a great amount of loss.
Part 1) Who does he lose?
Part 2) What does he lose?
Part 3) How does this loss affect his character?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)