|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does George King learn to steal horses?
(a) Local Australians.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) Natives in the Outback.
(d) His father.
2. After the fight ensues, what do the police do?
(a) They run away.
(b) They are only looking to kill Ned.
(c) They capture as many hostages as possible.
(d) Murder any hostages who come out trying to get away.
3. Why will Ned and Dan offer to turn themselves in?
(a) If Ellen gets a lighter sentence.
(b) If Ellen is released.
(c) They are guilty.
(d) They are trying to protect Ned's brother.
4. About what is his dream?
(a) Killing the police.
(b) Meeting his daughter.
(c) Seeing Mary.
(d) Freeing his mother.
5. What is everywhere in this dream?
(c) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ellen been sentenced to?
2. What does Aaron Skilling do to Joe?
3. Where is Ned when the constables close in on Dan, Steve, and Joe?
4. Why does Ned want to kill George King?
5. Why do constables and local politicians arrest twenty-one people for just knowing Ned Kelly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas Crunow betray the gang?
2. How does Ned start to get involved with the family again?
3. What are "blood letters"?
4. What makes Ned decide he is fed up with being honorable?
5. What is ironic about what happens to both Ellen and Uncle James?
6. What makes one wonder if this is a dream at all?
7. About what does Ned dream?
8. What happens to the letter that the politician Cameron receives?
9. Why can the gang not stop?
10. What happens between Ned and Mary?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)