|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned get from reading about the Monitor?
(a) The idea to build a model of the Monitor.
(b) A way to create guns.
(c) The idea to build armor.
(d) A great story from the Civil War.
2. What is his other request?
(a) To see his daughter before he dies.
(b) To tell his side of the story.
(c) To be buried at his home.
(d) To have his mother released.
3. What does the wife do with the five pounds?
(a) She throws it away.
(b) She keeps it.
(c) She spends it.
(d) She returns it.
4. Why is there no mention of survivors?
(a) The only important characters are those that have been murdered.
(b) They are all captured by the police.
(c) It gives the feeling that the hostages may have been burned to prevent the story from getting out.
(d) All the survivors are in hiding.
5. How does Ned find out he's a father?
(a) He receives a letter from San Francisco.
(b) Mary returns with their child.
(c) Mary calls him.
(d) He receives a telegram from San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what has Ned lost faith?
2. What is Ned carrying with him in Jerilderie?
3. On what does Ned finally give up?
4. What happens to the thirty policemen?
5. What is included in the parcel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ned hear from Mary? How does he react?
2. For what does Ned request before he dies? What happens to these requests?
3. What is ironic about what happens to both Ellen and Uncle James?
4. What do Dan, Joe, and Ned do?
5. How does Wild Wright assist the gang?
6. What do the police do to the women and children?
7. How does Ned get Mary to believe him about the "murders?"
8. What happens to the letter that the politician Cameron receives?
9. What makes one wonder if this is a dream at all?
10. How does Ned get the revelation to rob banks and give the money away?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)