|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chapter end?
(a) Mary returns.
(b) The schoolmaster promises to eventually write the history.
(c) The school master reads Henry V.
(d) His mother is freed.
2. What does the gang recruit men in their own county to do?
(a) Make armor and write "blood letters."
(b) Join the gang.
(c) Leave for America.
(d) Flee from the county.
3. In what has Ned lost faith?
(a) His gang.
(b) His wife.
(d) That anyone in the government will do anything.
4. What does the schoolmaster promise?
(a) To protect Ned.
(b) To murder the police.
(c) To write Ned's story.
(d) To save Ned.
5. How does he celebrate the birth of his child?
(a) He sends his child a telegram.
(b) Standing on one leg on his horse and shooting guns in the air.
(c) He sings a song.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are all the men affected by this story?
2. What does Ned's sister, Katie, do for Mary?
3. How does Ned find out he's a father?
4. Why does Ned get into an argument with Steve Hart?
5. What happens in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Ned and Mary?
2. How does Ned get the revelation to rob banks and give the money away?
3. What are "blood letters"?
4. About what does Ned dream?
5. What makes one wonder if this is a dream at all?
6. How does the gang get split up?
7. How does Ned get the idea to build armor. How successful is the armor?
8. For what does Ned request before he dies? What happens to these requests?
9. What does the sudden abruptness of the chapter suggest?
10. What happens to Ned's letter-writing?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)