|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ned forced to shoot, and kill one of the constables?
(a) He shoots at Ned first.
(b) He is running at Ned.
(c) One constable goes for his gun.
(d) He threatens Ned.
2. Who receives Ned's letter and reads it?
(b) Constable Flood.
(c) The prime minister.
(d) The politician Cameron.
3. In what has Ned lost faith?
(b) That anyone in the government will do anything.
(c) His wife.
(d) His gang.
4. What is taking place in Ned's dream?
(a) A schoolmaster reading out of Shakespeare's famous play, Henry V.
(b) HIs family is being murdered.
(c) A school master is reprimanding him.
(d) His students are running amuck.
5. The gang is fighting emotional stress, bad weather, disease, and is always just a few steps away from who?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) The trackers.
(c) The bank owners.
(d) Their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the gang headed when they meet up?
2. What is his other request?
3. Who betrays Kelly?
4. Why is Mary angry at Ned?
5. How does Ned find out he's a father?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Ned dream?
2. What makes one wonder if this is a dream at all?
3. What is significant about Ned's last words?
4. What does the sudden abruptness of the chapter suggest?
5. What happens to Ned's letter-writing?
6. How does Wild Wright assist the gang?
7. What do Dan, Joe, and Ned do?
8. Why can the gang not stop?
9. What happens once the fight ensues?
10. How does the gang get split up?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)