|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the police desperate to arrest anyone they can?
(a) They are bloodthirsty.
(b) They need to find the thieves, and anyone will do.
(c) They are bored.
(d) A budget crisis.
2. What does Thomas Crunow do?
(a) He stops the train before it crashes.
(b) He saves the gang.
(c) He puts the cops on the wrong track.
(d) He crashes the train.
3. What does the government do with these requests?
(a) They only free his mother.
(b) They accept one of his requests.
(c) They deny both requests.
(d) They follow through with his requests.
4. What does Ned get from reading about the Monitor?
(a) The idea to build a model of the Monitor.
(b) The idea to build armor.
(c) A way to create guns.
(d) A great story from the Civil War.
5. What does Mary do when she sees the boys show up in dresses?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She faints.
(c) She beats him up.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the schoolmaster promise?
2. Why do Ned and Steve have two rails removed from the tracks?
3. Why does Ned get into an argument with Steve Hart?
4. What is included in the parcel?
5. Who murders Aaron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes one wonder if this is a dream at all?
2. About what does Ned dream?
3. What happens to Ned when he thanks the man who admits Ned did not steal his horse?
4. Why does Ned hear from Mary? How does he react?
5. What does the sudden abruptness of the chapter suggest?
6. How does Ned get the idea to build armor. How successful is the armor?
7. What is ironic about what happens to both Ellen and Uncle James?
8. Where do Ned and his friends prepare for the fight?
9. How does Ned get the revelation to rob banks and give the money away?
10. What makes Ned decide he is fed up with being honorable?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)