|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this prelude begin?
(a) At midnight.
(b) In the forest.
2. What does Ned realize James has done?
(a) Slept with his mother.
(b) Married his sister.
(c) Stolen horses.
(d) Started the fire,
3. Who has a fiery nature, strong temper, and a difficult time dealing with Red Kelly, Ned's father?
(a) Ned's mother.
(b) Ned's grandmother.
(c) Ned's sister.
(d) Ned's aunt.
4. Why does Ned get into a huge fight with a farmer?
(a) He insults Ned's sister Annie.
(b) He makes a very crude reference about Bill Frost and Ned's mother having intercourse.
(c) He tries to steal Ned's horse.
(d) He attempts to take Ned's and Henry's souvenirs from their latest stagecoach robbery.
5. Ned dislikes Bill. How does Bill feel about Ned?
(a) Bill dislikes Ned as much as Ned dislikes him.
(b) He respects him.
(c) He does not think about Ned.
(d) Bill thinks of Ned like a son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it when Harry Power robs a stage coach, it is a farce?
2. Who finds a dress and some face paint?
3. Why do Ned and Jem swear a blood oath?
4. Who looks like an apparition of Red?
5. What is the only work Ned can find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Annie and Jem?
2. What experience do the Kellys have with prison?
3. Why does Ned become unhappy on the new property?
4. Where does Ned work?
5. What is this story about?
6. Why does Ned become lawless?
7. Why is Ned amazed to see how easily his mother is bullied by Bill Frost?
8. What does Ned do when he sees Dick Shelton drowning in the creek?
9. Who does Ned say gives up Harry Power to the authorities?
10. What happens during the fight between Ned and Wild?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)