|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen do when she is convinced Bill is gone and will not come back?
(a) She lays down to die.
(b) She asks Ned to come home.
(c) She grieves as a widow.
(d) She marries another suitor.
2. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
(c) Uncle Lloyd.
(d) A strange boy.
3. Why does Ned's mother call him a fool, and say they would not do the same for him if the situation were reversed?
(a) Ned is turning his uncles in.
(b) Ned is giving money to his uncles.
(c) Ned has decided to turn himself in.
(d) Ned is supporting his uncles.
4. Who seduces Annie while Alex Gunn is still in prison, and gets her pregnant?
(a) Cons Flood.
(b) Patrick Hughes.
(c) John Fitzgerald.
(d) Bill Frost.
5. How does Ned's honor result in him going to prison for six months?
(a) He writes a threatening note to the McCormicks.
(b) He is guilty of stealing the McCormicks' horse.
(c) He threatens Cons.
(d) He refuses to turn in Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cons put his hand on Ned's back in a friendly way?
2. It is an eyewitness account starting when?
3. The book is written from whose point of view?
4. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
5. To where is Ned transported to receive further interrogation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned get more jail time for horse thievery?
2. What do the Kellys do when Ellen decides they should take advantage of the Duffy Land Act?
3. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
4. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
5. What does Ned do when he sees Dick Shelton drowning in the creek?
6. How do people feel about Ned Kelly?
7. How are Ned's plans changed once he hears about Bill's affair?
8. Why does Ned become unhappy on the new property?
9. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
10. Who does Ned say gives up Harry Power to the authorities?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)