|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits the home, and it is suggested that he makes an advance on Ellen? She responds by slapping him and calling him a coward.
(a) Sergeant O'Neil.
(b) Red Kelly.
(c) Michael O'Connor.
(d) Patchy Moran.
2. Why does Ellen attack the banshee with an ax?
(a) It is attacking her.
(b) She realizes it is after Ned.
(c) It is evil.
(d) It is trying to hurt Bill Frost.
3. Why does Cons put his hand on Ned's back in a friendly way?
(a) He cares abou Ned.
(b) He wants to congratulate Ned.
(c) He is worried about Ned.
(d) So the whole town would hate Ned
4. What are Ned's famous last words?
(a) "So this is it?"
(b) "Jesus, save me."
(c) "I did no wrong."
(d) "Such is life."
5. What does Ned's mother do to him after his father's death?
(a) She orders him off her property, since he kills his father.
(b) She make him become the man of the house against his will.
(c) She gives him away, and he is adopted by an Irish family.
(d) She sells him off to a bush ranger against his will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ned get into a huge fight with a farmer?
2. How does Ned's honor result in him going to prison for six months?
3. What does Kevin the Rat Charmer promise Ellen?
4. Who has a fiery nature, strong temper, and a difficult time dealing with Red Kelly, Ned's father?
5. Who finds a dress and some face paint?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bill similar to Red?
2. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
3. Why does Ned become unhappy on the new property?
4. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
5. What is this story about?
6. Why does Ned not know his mother has sold him to the bush ranger, Henry Power?
7. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
8. How does baby Ellen die?
9. Where does Ned work?
10. How does the novel start?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)