|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ned start making fun of Wild's retarded brother, Dummy?
(a) He wants Wild to have him thrown back in prison.
(b) He loves to make fun of Dummy.
(c) Ned is inherently mean and cruel.
(d) It will put Wild in a murderous rage and force the fight Ned wants.
2. Why does Ellen attack the banshee with an ax?
(a) It is trying to hurt Bill Frost.
(b) It is attacking her.
(c) It is evil.
(d) She realizes it is after Ned.
3. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
(a) The house is on fire.
(b) He has fallen asleep near the heater.
(c) He has been wrapped up in warm blankets.
(d) The hot summer sun is rising.
4. To who is Ned's life very much akin?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(d) Robin Hood.
5. Who accidentally calls Harry by the name of Bill Frost?
(b) R.R. Bean, the magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually happens to Ned?
2. What is told by the papers has a tendency to do what?
3. What are extremely dangerous, and their bites are worse than the worst wasp sting?
4. How old is George King?
5. The book is written from whose point of view?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ned move? Why?
2. What do the Kellys do when Ellen decides they should take advantage of the Duffy Land Act?
3. What happens during the fight between Ned and Wild?
4. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
5. Why is Ned amazed to see how easily his mother is bullied by Bill Frost?
6. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
7. Who does Ned say gives up Harry Power to the authorities?
8. What does Ben do that Ned protects him by doing his prison time?
9. How does Ned respond to Patchy Moran spreading a rumor about his father?
10. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)