|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his mother give Ned to wear for when the police come to take him in?
(a) A lucky charm.
(b) A rosary.
(c) His sash from saving Dick Shelton.
(d) A scarf she has made him.
2. To where is Ned transported to receive further interrogation?
3. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
(b) A strange boy.
(c) Uncle Lloyd.
4. What eventually happens to Ned?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He dies from old age in prison.
(c) He is set free.
(d) He escapes.
5. For what does George King, an American traveler, who come to ask?
(c) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is George King?
2. Why does Ned not like Bill Frost?
3. Who looks like an apparition of Red?
4. Why is Ned sold to the bush ranger, Harry Power?
5. What is one of the worst and most notorious prisons in a land full of bad prisons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ned become unhappy on the new property?
2. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
3. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
4. What experience do the Kellys have with prison?
5. How does the novel start?
6. How does Ned get more jail time for horse thievery?
7. According to the "Unmarked Prelude," who writes this book, and why does he write it?
8. Uncle James makes a good impression on the family, but how does that change?
9. Why does Ned not know his mother has sold him to the bush ranger, Henry Power?
10. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)