|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the police take Ned's father to prison?
(a) He has actually killed the calf.
(b) He is an abusive alcoholic.
(c) Ned admits to killing the calf, trying to save his dad.
(d) He has stolen property.
2. Who seduces Annie while Alex Gunn is still in prison, and gets her pregnant?
(a) Bill Frost.
(b) John Fitzgerald.
(c) Patrick Hughes.
(d) Cons Flood.
3. Why do the McCormicks lie and say the Kellys work their horse without permission?
(a) They want to be compensated.
(b) They like to start trouble.
(c) They want to get Ned into trouble.
(d) They want to get rid of the horse.
4. What are Ned's famous last words?
(a) "Such is life."
(b) "I did no wrong."
(c) "Jesus, save me."
(d) "So this is it?"
5. What are extremely dangerous, and their bites are worse than the worst wasp sting?
(a) Killer bees.
(b) Bull ants.
(d) Red ants.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Ned not concerned?
2. What does Harry claim to Ellen?
3. At the trail what does Ned refuse to do?
4. Why does Ned not like Bill Frost?
5. What does Ned's mother do to him after his father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bill similar to Red?
2. According to the "Unmarked Prelude," who writes this book, and why does he write it?
3. How does baby Ellen die?
4. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
5. What experience do the Kellys have with prison?
6. What does Ben do that Ned protects him by doing his prison time?
7. Why does Ned become unhappy on the new property?
8. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
9. How does Ned get more jail time for horse thievery?
10. Why does Ned feel obligated to turn himself in?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)