|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is James Whitty released from his deal with the devil?
(a) His wife trades her soul for his.
(b) He asks for every lawyer to be made honest, which impossible to do.
(c) The devil feels sorry for him.
(d) The devil tires of him.
2. What does Ned realize James has done?
(a) Stolen horses.
(b) Slept with his mother.
(c) Started the fire,
(d) Married his sister.
3. At the trail what does Ned refuse to do?
(a) Testify against his family.
(b) Tell the truth.
(d) Get himself thrown in jail.
4. What do Ned and Harry travel through to get to Bill?
(a) The wreckage of a building.
(b) The outback.
(c) A eucalyptus fire.
(d) A mob.
5. How do the cops and Cons Hall set a trap for Uncle Jimmy and Pat Quinn?
(a) The lure them in using Ned.
(b) They convince Ned to set it.
(c) They set it up at the jail.
(d) They get them to talk during the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. The creature turns out to be who, covered in thick sheets of iron, but not at the legs?
2. How does Ned respond to the commissioner?
3. Why is Ned sold to the bush ranger, Harry Power?
4. Who does Ned meet for the first time at this meal?
5. THE TRUE HISTORY OF THE KELLY GANG is what type of genre based around the life of famous bush ranger and Australian folk hero, Ned Kelly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ben do that Ned protects him by doing his prison time?
2. Why does Ned not know his mother has sold him to the bush ranger, Henry Power?
3. How does the novel start?
4. Where does Ned work?
5. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
6. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
7. How does baby Ellen die?
8. How do people feel about Ned Kelly?
9. Who does Ned say gives up Harry Power to the authorities?
10. What happens after Ellen slaps Sergeant O'Neil?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)