|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen attack the banshee with an ax?
(a) She realizes it is after Ned.
(b) It is trying to hurt Bill Frost.
(c) It is evil.
(d) It is attacking her.
2. It is an eyewitness account starting when?
(a) Years after the famous gunfight.
(b) In the middle of a gunfight.
(c) At the beginning of a gunfight.
(d) At the end of a gunfight.
3. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
(a) Uncle Lloyd.
(b) A strange boy.
4. Why does everyone but his mother, brothers and sisters hate Ned?
(a) He turned in his uncles.
(b) He killed Bill Frost.
(c) They think he is a traitor.
(d) He turned in Harry Power.
5. What system do the two cops use when interrogating Ned?
(b) Good cop, bad cop,
Short Answer Questions
1. The creature turns out to be who, covered in thick sheets of iron, but not at the legs?
2. What does Ned say about how much he and his father communicate the final eight months of his father's life?
3. Why does Cons put his hand on Ned's back in a friendly way?
4. Why is it when Harry Power robs a stage coach, it is a farce?
5. What does Ned realize James has done?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ned move? Why?
2. Why is Ned amazed to see how easily his mother is bullied by Bill Frost?
3. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
4. Why does Ned not know his mother has sold him to the bush ranger, Henry Power?
5. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
6. Who does Ned say gives up Harry Power to the authorities?
7. What does Ben do that Ned protects him by doing his prison time?
8. How does baby Ellen die?
9. How does the novel start?
10. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)