|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does police officer Cons Flood make his life mission?
(a) Put Ned in prison as often as possible.
(b) To put criminals behind bars.
(c) To save Ned.
(d) To marry Annie.
2. What does Ned realize James has done?
(a) Slept with his mother.
(b) Stolen horses.
(c) Married his sister.
(d) Started the fire,
3. For what do the police take Ned's father to prison?
(a) Ned admits to killing the calf, trying to save his dad.
(b) He is an abusive alcoholic.
(c) He has actually killed the calf.
(d) He has stolen property.
4. Why is the age of twelve significant for Ned?
(a) It is the age he is when he begins acting like Robin Hood.
(b) It is the age he is when his father dies.
(c) It is the age he is when he moves away from home.
(d) It is the age he is when he quits school.
5. To where is Ned transported to receive further interrogation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although he is young, what does Ned quickly prove?
2. To whom is Alex Gunn engaged?
3. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
4. What does Mr. Edward Rogers, owner or the barroom, do for Ned and Wild?
5. What do they show, to Ned's amazement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned respond to Patchy Moran spreading a rumor about his father?
2. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
3. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
4. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
5. Uncle James makes a good impression on the family, but how does that change?
6. Where does Ned move? Why?
7. Why does Ned become lawless?
8. What do the Kellys do when Ellen decides they should take advantage of the Duffy Land Act?
9. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
10. How does the novel start?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)