|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they show, to Ned's amazement?
(a) How to use the handcuffs.
(b) How to safe himself.
(c) How to escape.
(d) How easy it is to alter the law.
2. What does Ellen tell her sons when she picks them up?
(a) She has bought a thousand acre lot.
(b) She loves them.
(c) She is remarried.
(d) She needs to sell them to buy a thousand acre lot.
3. Why does Ben Gould ask to rent the Kelly's land at one quid a day?
(a) He likes their property.
(b) He needs a place to live.
(c) He is in love with Ellen.
(d) Until his cart is ready to go.
4. Why is it when Harry Power robs a stage coach, it is a farce?
(a) There is virtually nothing to steal.
(b) Ned does most of the work.
(c) The stagecoach new they were going to get robbed.
(d) He seems as fearful as those in the stagecoach.
5. Why is there nothing Ned can do about his seventeen stolen horses?
(a) Ned is in trouble wit h the law.
(b) His brother, Jem, steals them.
(c) Constable Flood steals them.
(d) No one trusts or believes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ned amazed to see when he goes home?
2. Why do the McCormicks lie and say the Kellys work their horse without permission?
3. Who is the school bully who hears a story about Ned's father and passes it around?
4. To whom is Alex Gunn engaged?
5. What does his mother give Ned to wear for when the police come to take him in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned get more jail time for horse thievery?
2. How do people feel about Ned Kelly?
3. Why does Ned feel obligated to turn himself in?
4. How are Ned's plans changed once he hears about Bill's affair?
5. How does the novel start?
6. How does baby Ellen die?
7. How does Ned respond to Patchy Moran spreading a rumor about his father?
8. According to the "Unmarked Prelude," who writes this book, and why does he write it?
9. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
10. What happens during the fight between Ned and Wild?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)