|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Ned transported to receive further interrogation?
2. Why does Cons put his hand on Ned's back in a friendly way?
(a) So the whole town would hate Ned
(b) He is worried about Ned.
(c) He cares abou Ned.
(d) He wants to congratulate Ned.
3. Why does everyone but his mother, brothers and sisters hate Ned?
(a) He turned in his uncles.
(b) He turned in Harry Power.
(c) They think he is a traitor.
(d) He killed Bill Frost.
4. Why does Ned begin to hate his uncle?
(a) He beats his sisters.
(b) He steals from the family.
(c) He is unkind to his mother.
(d) He is just looking to get into bed with his mother.
5. What is one of the worst and most notorious prisons in a land full of bad prisons?
(a) Gaol Prison.
(b) Van Eyke's Land.
(c) Van Dyke's Land.
(d) Van Diemen's Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the home, and it is suggested that he makes an advance on Ellen? She responds by slapping him and calling him a coward.
2. What does Kevin the Rat Charmer promise Ellen?
3. Why does Ned start making fun of Wild's retarded brother, Dummy?
4. How does the novel start?
5. Why does the family bring out the good table cloth and candles, and they eat everything Ellen has baked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
2. What experience do the Kellys have with prison?
3. Why does Ned not know his mother has sold him to the bush ranger, Henry Power?
4. Where does Ned move? Why?
5. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
6. According to the "Unmarked Prelude," who writes this book, and why does he write it?
7. How does the novel start?
8. How does Ned get more jail time for horse thievery?
9. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
10. How does baby Ellen die?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)