|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is falsely charged with the theft of the watch and gelding?
(b) Uncle James.
(d) Uncle Jack Lloyd.
2. Who visits the home, and it is suggested that he makes an advance on Ellen? She responds by slapping him and calling him a coward.
(a) Patchy Moran.
(b) Sergeant O'Neil.
(c) Red Kelly.
(d) Michael O'Connor.
3. Why is the age of twelve significant for Ned?
(a) It is the age he is when his father dies.
(b) It is the age he is when he quits school.
(c) It is the age he is when he begins acting like Robin Hood.
(d) It is the age he is when he moves away from home.
4. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
(a) He is guilty and must turn himself in.
(b) He can not let others take the fall.
(c) Harry has convinced this is what he must do.
(d) His concsience is telling him to do the right thing.
5. Who does Annie marry?
(a) Harry Power.
(b) Bill Frost.
(c) Alex Gunn.
(d) Billy Gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ned say he becomes addicted?
2. The book is written from whose point of view?
3. What does Kevin, the Rat Charmer predict?
4. Why do the McCormicks lie and say the Kellys work their horse without permission?
5. Who has a fiery nature, strong temper, and a difficult time dealing with Red Kelly, Ned's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
2. What is significant about Ned's last words?
3. How does the gang get split up?
4. How does Thomas Crunow betray the gang?
5. Uncle James makes a good impression on the family, but how does that change?
6. About what does Ned dream?
7. What is ironic about what happens to both Ellen and Uncle James?
8. How does Ned get the revelation to rob banks and give the money away?
9. For what does Ned request before he dies? What happens to these requests?
10. What happens during the fight between Ned and Wild?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)