Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
(a) The house is on fire.
(b) He has fallen asleep near the heater.
(c) The hot summer sun is rising.
(d) He has been wrapped up in warm blankets.
2. Of what does Harry inform Ned regarding Bill?
(a) He is abusing Ellen.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He is having an affair.
(d) He has run away.
3. What does Kevin, the Rat Charmer predict?
(a) A plague of rats, and baby Ellen dies.
(b) Problems with rats.
(c) Freedom from rats.
(d) Rats in the barn.
4. Why do Ned and Jem swear a blood oath?
(a) They will always protect one another.
(b) They will murder their mother's suitors.
(c) They do not want the farm to be in complete disarray again.
(d) They will keep their mother and sisters safe.
5. To where is Ned transported to receive further interrogation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ned start making fun of Wild's retarded brother, Dummy?
2. How is Ned viewed after the fight?
3. What are extremely dangerous, and their bites are worse than the worst wasp sting?
4. What is the only work Ned can find?
5. What does Harry take the time to point out about the wood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
2. What do the Kellys do when Ellen decides they should take advantage of the Duffy Land Act?
3. What happens to the two constables the gang ambushes?
4. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
5. What does the sudden abruptness of the chapter suggest?
6. Why can the gang not stop?
7. What is ironic about what happens to both Ellen and Uncle James?
8. What do the police do to the women and children?
9. What happens during the fight between Ned and Wild?
10. What experience do the Kellys have with prison?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)