|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry claim to Ellen?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He saves Ned.
(c) Bill shot Ned.
(d) He shot Bill.
2. What does Ned's mother do to him after his father's death?
(a) She gives him away, and he is adopted by an Irish family.
(b) She orders him off her property, since he kills his father.
(c) She make him become the man of the house against his will.
(d) She sells him off to a bush ranger against his will.
3. It is an eyewitness account starting when?
(a) At the end of a gunfight.
(b) In the middle of a gunfight.
(c) Years after the famous gunfight.
(d) At the beginning of a gunfight.
4. Why is there nothing Ned can do about his seventeen stolen horses?
(a) Ned is in trouble wit h the law.
(b) His brother, Jem, steals them.
(c) Constable Flood steals them.
(d) No one trusts or believes him.
5. Who does Annie marry?
(a) Harry Power.
(b) Billy Gray.
(c) Alex Gunn.
(d) Bill Frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ellen's admission that no profit is ever going to show up from the cloth idea?
2. How are the chapters referred to through out the book?
3. Although he is young, what does Ned quickly prove?
4. The book is written from whose point of view?
5. What is the only work Ned can find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
2. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
3. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
4. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
5. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
6. Where does Ned move? Why?
7. Uncle James makes a good impression on the family, but how does that change?
8. Why does Ned feel obligated to turn himself in?
9. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
10. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)