|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looks like an apparition of Red?
(a) Uncle James.
(b) Alex Gunn.
(c) Bill Frost.
2. The creature turns out to be who, covered in thick sheets of iron, but not at the legs?
(a) Jem Kelly.
(b) Cons Flood.
(c) Ned Kelly.
(d) Red Kelly.
3. To what American is Harry Power compared?
(a) Dick Tracy.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) Billy the Kid.
4. Why does the family bring out the good table cloth and candles, and they eat everything Ellen has baked?
(a) The charges have been dropped.
(b) Ned has decided not to turn himself in.
(c) The Harry Power turns himself in.
(d) Ned has made up his mind.
5. Who rides up and slanders Ned?
(a) Harry Powers and Uncle Jimmy.
(b) John Fitzpatrick and several cops.
(c) Cons Hall and John Fitzpatrick.
(d) His Uncle Jimmy and Pat Quinn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds a dress and some face paint?
2. What do Ned and Harry travel through to get to Bill?
3. Why does Ned get into a huge fight with a farmer?
4. How does Ned's honor result in him going to prison for six months?
5. Who visits the home, and it is suggested that he makes an advance on Ellen? She responds by slapping him and calling him a coward.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
2. How are Ned's plans changed once he hears about Bill's affair?
3. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
4. According to the "Unmarked Prelude," who writes this book, and why does he write it?
5. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
6. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
7. Where does Ned work?
8. What experience do the Kellys have with prison?
9. How do people feel about Ned Kelly?
10. Who does Ned say gives up Harry Power to the authorities?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)