|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ned say he becomes addicted?
(b) His mother's pie.
2. Who is the school bully who hears a story about Ned's father and passes it around?
(a) Michael O'Connor.
(b) Dick Shelton.
(c) Patchy Moran.
(d) Red Kelly.
3. Why does Ned take an alternate way to school?
(a) He wants an adventure.
(b) He is meeting a friend.
(c) The road is destroyed.
(d) To avoid teasing.
4. What eventually happens to Ned?
(a) He dies from old age in prison.
(b) He is set free.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He is hanged.
5. The book is written from whose point of view?
(a) Red Kelly's.
(b) Mary Kelly's.
(c) Ned Kelly's.
(d) Grace Kelly's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry tell Ned has to be done to defend honor?
2. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
3. At fifteen years old, what does Ned have to do?
4. To whom is Alex Gunn engaged?
5. Why is it when Harry Power robs a stage coach, it is a farce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Kellys do when Ellen decides they should take advantage of the Duffy Land Act?
2. Who does Ned say gives up Harry Power to the authorities?
3. What becomes of Annie and Jem?
4. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
5. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
6. Where does Ned move? Why?
7. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
8. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
9. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
10. Why does Ned become unhappy on the new property?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)