|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ned not like Bill Frost?
(a) He pretends to know everything about agriculture and land management.
(b) He is Ellen's suitor.
(c) Bill knows more about agriculture and land management than Ned.
(d) Ned has to work harder when Bill is around.
2. What system do the two cops use when interrogating Ned?
(d) Good cop, bad cop,
3. What does Harry take the time to point out about the wood?
(a) It is easy to cut.
(b) It is so thick as to be bullet proof.
(c) It is a hardwood.
(d) It is very smooth.
4. Why does the family bring out the good table cloth and candles, and they eat everything Ellen has baked?
(a) Ned has made up his mind.
(b) Ned has decided not to turn himself in.
(c) The Harry Power turns himself in.
(d) The charges have been dropped.
5. What does Ned do to the Murray's calf that is stuck?
(a) He tries to free it.
(b) He tries to pet it.
(c) He tries to kill it.
(d) He tries to save it.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does George King, an American traveler, who come to ask?
2. What does Ned's mother do to him after his father's death?
3. Who is the school bully who hears a story about Ned's father and passes it around?
4. Why does Cons put his hand on Ned's back in a friendly way?
5. Why does Ned's mother call him a fool, and say they would not do the same for him if the situation were reversed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned get the revelation to rob banks and give the money away?
2. How does baby Ellen die?
3. How does Ned respond to Patchy Moran spreading a rumor about his father?
4. Why does Ned hear from Mary? How does he react?
5. Uncle James makes a good impression on the family, but how does that change?
6. What happens once the fight ensues?
7. How does Ned react to his 58-page letter not getting printed?
8. Where do Ned and his friends prepare for the fight?
9. Why does Ned feel obligated to turn himself in?
10. How does Wild Wright assist the gang?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)