|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is told by the papers has a tendency to do what?
(a) Exaggerate the truth.
(b) Tell the truth.
(c) Tell a portion of the truth.
2. Why does Cons put his hand on Ned's back in a friendly way?
(a) He cares abou Ned.
(b) He wants to congratulate Ned.
(c) He is worried about Ned.
(d) So the whole town would hate Ned
3. Who finds a dress and some face paint?
4. Who has a fiery nature, strong temper, and a difficult time dealing with Red Kelly, Ned's father?
(a) Ned's grandmother.
(b) Ned's sister.
(c) Ned's mother.
(d) Ned's aunt.
5. What does Ellen tell her sons when she picks them up?
(a) She loves them.
(b) She has bought a thousand acre lot.
(c) She is remarried.
(d) She needs to sell them to buy a thousand acre lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Annie marry?
2. What does Harry tell Ned has to be done to defend honor?
3. It is an eyewitness account starting when?
4. How do the cops and Cons Hall set a trap for Uncle Jimmy and Pat Quinn?
5. What is Ellen's admission that no profit is ever going to show up from the cloth idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
2. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
3. What do the Kellys do when Ellen decides they should take advantage of the Duffy Land Act?
4. What happens during the fight between Ned and Wild?
5. Who does Ned say gives up Harry Power to the authorities?
6. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
7. How is Bill similar to Red?
8. Why is Ned amazed to see how easily his mother is bullied by Bill Frost?
9. Why does Ned become unhappy on the new property?
10. How does Ned respond to Patchy Moran spreading a rumor about his father?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)