|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ned begin to hate his uncle?
(a) He is unkind to his mother.
(b) He steals from the family.
(c) He beats his sisters.
(d) He is just looking to get into bed with his mother.
2. What does Ned's mother do to him after his father's death?
(a) She sells him off to a bush ranger against his will.
(b) She orders him off her property, since he kills his father.
(c) She gives him away, and he is adopted by an Irish family.
(d) She make him become the man of the house against his will.
3. To what does Ned say he becomes addicted?
(c) His mother's pie.
4. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
(a) His concsience is telling him to do the right thing.
(b) Harry has convinced this is what he must do.
(c) He is guilty and must turn himself in.
(d) He can not let others take the fall.
5. Why is Ned sold to the bush ranger, Harry Power?
(a) To clear the way for Bill Frost and Ellen to be married.
(b) Ellen needs the money to support the rest of her family.
(c) Ellen can not stand Ned.
(d) Harry Power needs an assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family bring out the good table cloth and candles, and they eat everything Ellen has baked?
2. THE TRUE HISTORY OF THE KELLY GANG is what type of genre based around the life of famous bush ranger and Australian folk hero, Ned Kelly?
3. About what is Ned not concerned?
4. How does the novel start?
5. Of what does Ellen Quinn decide the family should be taking advantage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience do the Kellys have with prison?
2. What do the Kellys do when Ellen decides they should take advantage of the Duffy Land Act?
3. Where does Ned move? Why?
4. Why does Ned become lawless?
5. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
6. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
7. What happens after Ellen slaps Sergeant O'Neil?
8. Uncle James makes a good impression on the family, but how does that change?
9. How does Ned respond to Patchy Moran spreading a rumor about his father?
10. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)