|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his mother give Ned to wear for when the police come to take him in?
(a) A lucky charm.
(b) A rosary.
(c) His sash from saving Dick Shelton.
(d) A scarf she has made him.
2. To what does Ned say he becomes addicted?
(c) His mother's pie.
3. Who does Ned say is by far and away the best cop he has ever known?
(a) The Commissioner.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Harry Power.
(d) John Fitzpatrick
4. Who has a fiery nature, strong temper, and a difficult time dealing with Red Kelly, Ned's father?
(a) Ned's mother.
(b) Ned's sister.
(c) Ned's grandmother.
(d) Ned's aunt.
5. What system do the two cops use when interrogating Ned?
(c) Good cop, bad cop,
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only work Ned can find?
2. What does Harry tell Ned has to be done to defend honor?
3. How does Ned respond to the commissioner?
4. What do Ned and Harry travel through to get to Bill?
5. Why do Ned and Jem swear a blood oath?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ned hear from Mary? How does he react?
2. What happens between Ned and Mary?
3. What do Dan, Joe, and Ned do?
4. What is significant about Ned's last words?
5. What story does Henry tell Ned about James Whitty?
6. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
7. What is ironic about what happens to both Ellen and Uncle James?
8. What is this story about?
9. What becomes of Annie and Jem?
10. What does Ben do that Ned protects him by doing his prison time?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)