|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
(a) He has been wrapped up in warm blankets.
(b) The house is on fire.
(c) The hot summer sun is rising.
(d) He has fallen asleep near the heater.
2. To what does Ned say he becomes addicted?
(a) His mother's pie.
3. What do they show, to Ned's amazement?
(a) How to safe himself.
(b) How to use the handcuffs.
(c) How to escape.
(d) How easy it is to alter the law.
4. What does Ned realize James has done?
(a) Slept with his mother.
(b) Stolen horses.
(c) Started the fire,
(d) Married his sister.
5. What is one of the worst and most notorious prisons in a land full of bad prisons?
(a) Van Diemen's Land.
(b) Van Dyke's Land.
(c) Van Eyke's Land.
(d) Gaol Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the age of twelve significant for Ned?
2. How do the cops and Cons Hall set a trap for Uncle Jimmy and Pat Quinn?
3. Why is Ned sold to the bush ranger, Harry Power?
4. What does Harry take the time to point out about the wood?
5. Why does the family bring out the good table cloth and candles, and they eat everything Ellen has baked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned get more jail time for horse thievery?
2. Where does Ned work?
3. Why does Ned feel obligated to turn himself in?
4. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
5. Where does Ned move? Why?
6. What do Hare and Nicolson show Ned?
7. How does baby Ellen die?
8. What happens after Ellen slaps Sergeant O'Neil?
9. Why does Ned say he would like nothing more than to have his cuffs removed so they could fight man to man?
10. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)