|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Alex Gunn engaged?
2. The creature turns out to be who, covered in thick sheets of iron, but not at the legs?
(a) Ned Kelly.
(b) Cons Flood.
(c) Red Kelly.
(d) Jem Kelly.
3. What does Quinn hit Cons in the head with that gashes his head open?
(a) A knife.
(b) A stake.
(c) A spur.
(d) A hammer.
4. What does Ned say about how much he and his father communicate the final eight months of his father's life?
(a) They never exchange another twelve words between each other.
(b) They do not speak to one another.
(c) They have very deep conversations.
(d) They become very close and communicate frequently.
5. Harry Power says, "forget your mamma. There ain't no happiness for neither of us at Eleven Mile Creek." What is significant about this statement?
(a) Harry loves Ned's mamma.
(b) Harry had forgotten his own mamma.
(c) It is the best piece of advice Ned will receive.
(d) Eleven Mile Creek is the only place they will find happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are extremely dangerous, and their bites are worse than the worst wasp sting?
2. What does police officer Cons Flood make his life mission?
3. Who does Ned meet for the first time at this meal?
4. The book is written from whose point of view?
5. What are Ned's famous last words?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned's family respond when he arrives home?
2. What does Ben do that Ned protects him by doing his prison time?
3. How is Bill similar to Red?
4. Where does Ned work?
5. How does the novel start?
6. Where does Ned move? Why?
7. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
8. What experience do the Kellys have with prison?
9. How does Ned respond to Patchy Moran spreading a rumor about his father?
10. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)