|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ned meet for the first time at this meal?
(a) The woman he will marry.
(c) His Uncles.
(d) His sister Ellen Kelly.
2. Why does Ned's mother call him a fool, and say they would not do the same for him if the situation were reversed?
(a) Ned is supporting his uncles.
(b) Ned has decided to turn himself in.
(c) Ned is turning his uncles in.
(d) Ned is giving money to his uncles.
3. Who finds a dress and some face paint?
4. It is an eyewitness account starting when?
(a) In the middle of a gunfight.
(b) Years after the famous gunfight.
(c) At the beginning of a gunfight.
(d) At the end of a gunfight.
5. How are the chapters referred to through out the book?
(a) As letters.
(b) As parcels
(c) As years.
(d) As sections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is told by the papers has a tendency to do what?
2. The book is written from whose point of view?
3. What does Ellen tell her sons when she picks them up?
4. Who is the school bully who hears a story about Ned's father and passes it around?
5. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ben do that Ned protects him by doing his prison time?
2. How is successful is Henry at robbing stage coaches?
3. Why is Ned amazed to see how easily his mother is bullied by Bill Frost?
4. What is this story about?
5. Where does Ned work?
6. Uncle James makes a good impression on the family, but how does that change?
7. How does Ned save his family from the fire?
8. How does the novel start?
9. Where does Ned move? Why?
10. What does Ned do when he sees Dick Shelton drowning in the creek?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)