|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does George King learn to steal horses?
(a) Natives in the Outback.
(b) His father.
(c) Local Australians.
(d) Native Americans.
2. Who murders Aaron?
(a) Cons Flood.
(d) Dan and Joe.
3. What does Joe see from a hidden vantage point?
(a) Four constables.
(b) Four black trackers.
(c) Two black trackers.
(d) Two constables.
4. Why does Ned not want to go to the United States, even though he has the money?
(a) He does not trust Americans.
(b) He is afraid of riding in a boat.
(c) He is too ill.
(d) He will not leave as long as his mother is in prison.
5. What are Ned's last words?
(a) "Such is life."
(b) "Save my mother."
(c) "I love you, Mary."
(d) "Why me?"
6. One of Shakespeare's famous plays is read, particularly with reference to what?
(a) St. Crispin's Day.
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Christmas Day.
7. What does the schoolmaster rip out for Ned to keep?
(a) A story about the Native Americans.
(b) An article about the Monitor.
(c) One of Shakespeare's sonnets.
(d) Two pages of Henry V.
8. In what has Ned lost faith?
(b) His gang.
(c) His wife.
(d) That anyone in the government will do anything.
9. Who agrees to do the job for a five pound note?
(a) The printer's wife.
(b) The bank owner.
(c) The printer's assistant.
(d) The newspaper.
10. How does Thomas Crunow act?
(a) He is embarrassed for being such a coward.
(b) He is so condescending that he thinks nothing of what he has done, or of any of the people who hate him for it.
(c) He is fearful of the gang.
(d) He is ashamed of his behavior.
11. Why is Ned forced to shoot, and kill one of the constables?
(a) One constable goes for his gun.
(b) He threatens Ned.
(c) He is running at Ned.
(d) He shoots at Ned first.
12. About what is his dream?
(a) Freeing his mother.
(b) Seeing Mary.
(c) Killing the police.
(d) Meeting his daughter.
13. What does the wife do with the five pounds?
(a) She spends it.
(b) She throws it away.
(c) She keeps it.
(d) She returns it.
14. Who is Mary Hearn?
(a) Ned's daughter's mother.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Ned's cousin.
(d) Alex's sister.
15. Where does the gang go?
(a) A clearing in the forest.
(b) Aaron Sherritt's land.
(c) A stranger's home.
(d) An abandoned cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does he speak these words?
2. Why does Ned not take Mrs Goodman up on her offer to dance?
3. What happens when Joe comes back with the news that Aaron has betrayed them all?
4. What does the man who puts them up hope about the boys in dresses?
5. What does Mary do when Ned tells her why he can't go to the United States and will not change his mind?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)