|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the government do with these requests?
(a) They only free his mother.
(b) They deny both requests.
(c) They accept one of his requests.
(d) They follow through with his requests.
2. Where do Ned and his friends retreat?
(a) To a neighboring home.
(b) A nearby town.
(c) Deeper into the Australian wilderness.
(d) The local bar in town.
3. On whom do Ned and Joe spy?
(a) George King.
(b) The constables.
(c) Constable Flood.
(d) Sgt. Kennedy.
4. What does Aaron Skilling do to Joe?
(a) He injures him.
(b) He fights him.
(c) He gets him high on the opium.
(d) He embarrasses him.
5. Why are the police desperate to arrest anyone they can?
(a) They are bloodthirsty.
(b) They need to find the thieves, and anyone will do.
(c) A budget crisis.
(d) They are bored.
6. About what is his dream?
(a) Freeing his mother.
(b) Killing the police.
(c) Meeting his daughter.
(d) Seeing Mary.
7. What does Joe see from a hidden vantage point?
(a) Two constables.
(b) Four constables.
(c) Four black trackers.
(d) Two black trackers.
8. What do Ned and his group do in Jerilderie?
(a) They murder the police.
(b) They steal cattle.
(c) They rob the bank.
(d) They steal horses.
9. After the fight ensues, what do the police do?
(a) They are only looking to kill Ned.
(b) Murder any hostages who come out trying to get away.
(c) They run away.
(d) They capture as many hostages as possible.
10. Who betrays Kelly?
(a) Thomas Crunow.
(c) Cons Flood.
11. Where does the gang find out Aaron is camping out?
(a) In the Australian outback.
(b) In town.
(c) In a cave with several police.
(d) On a farm.
12. Why is this section hard to keep track of?
(a) It is easy to get distracted.
(b) Multiple characters narrate the story.
(c) There is so much going on.
(d) It blends dream and reality.
13. What does the man who puts them up hope about the boys in dresses?
(a) They beat the constables.
(b) They escape.
(c) They die.
(d) They survive.
14. What is included in the parcel?
(a) A poem by Ned to his daughter.
(b) Ned's blood letter to Aaron.
(c) Two pages of Henry V.
(d) The entire script of Henry V.
15. Who intends to kill Ned and Dan?
(a) George King.
(b) Constable Flood.
(c) Sgt. Kennedy.
(d) Steve Hart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Constable Flood accuse Dan?
2. What does the schoolmaster rip out for Ned to keep?
3. When does he speak these words?
4. What happens in this chapter?
5. What is taking place in Ned's dream?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)