|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas Crunow act?
(a) He is fearful of the gang.
(b) He is ashamed of his behavior.
(c) He is embarrassed for being such a coward.
(d) He is so condescending that he thinks nothing of what he has done, or of any of the people who hate him for it.
2. Why is Mary angry at Ned?
(a) She does not believe his story.
(b) She is not sure what to think about the newspaper accounts of the "murders."
(c) He kills the constable.
(d) He abandons her when she needs him most.
3. Where is Ned when the constables close in on Dan, Steve, and Joe?
(a) He is away.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is with the constables.
(d) He is in hiding.
4. How does this section end?
(a) It slows to a stop.
(b) It becomes silent.
(c) Rather abruptly.
(d) It fades away.
5. Ned falls in love with Mary, and what does he buy her as a gift?
(a) A new pair of shoes.
(b) A hat.
(c) A purse.
(d) A dress.
6. From whom does George King learn to steal horses?
(a) Local Australians.
(b) Natives in the Outback.
(c) His father.
(d) Native Americans.
7. What does the gang recruit men in their own county to do?
(a) Join the gang.
(b) Leave for America.
(c) Flee from the county.
(d) Make armor and write "blood letters."
8. What does Mary do when she sees the boys show up in dresses?
(a) She faints.
(b) She beats him up.
(c) She cries.
(d) She laughs.
9. What will eventually lead to the end of Ned's quiet life?
(a) Losing his job.
(b) Being friends with Alex Fitzgerald.
(c) Being drawn back into the happenings of his family.
(d) Getting back into stealing horses.
10. After the fight ensues, what do the police do?
(a) They are only looking to kill Ned.
(b) Murder any hostages who come out trying to get away.
(c) They capture as many hostages as possible.
(d) They run away.
11. What is the "Greta Mob"?
(a) A group of men that wear women's dresses.
(b) A fierce and violent gang.
(c) A dangerous group of boys.
(d) A bunch of harmless boys.
12. What is Mary's father's job?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A goldsmith.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A tinsmith.
13. Where does the gang find out Aaron is camping out?
(a) In the Australian outback.
(b) In town.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In a cave with several police.
14. Why does Ned get into an argument with Steve Hart?
(a) He is increasingly getting on Ned's nerves.
(b) Steve is unkind.
(c) Ned is in a bad mood.
(d) They disagree all the time.
15. Why will Ned and Dan offer to turn themselves in?
(a) If Ellen is released.
(b) They are guilty.
(c) If Ellen gets a lighter sentence.
(d) They are trying to protect Ned's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agrees to do the job for a five pound note?
2. What does Thomas Crunow do?
3. Where does the gang go?
4. How does the gang win allies?
5. Barry refuses Ned and Dan's bargain, and what does he call them?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)