|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does this section end?
(a) It becomes silent.
(b) It slows to a stop.
(c) Rather abruptly.
(d) It fades away.
2. Why does Mary feel she can tell the true story of the Sons of Sieve?
(a) She has heard the story as a young girl.
(b) She is a colonial Irish.
(c) She is related to the Sons of Sieve.
(d) She is true Irish, immigrated, not colonial.
3. Why is there no mention of survivors?
(a) The only important characters are those that have been murdered.
(b) All the survivors are in hiding.
(c) They are all captured by the police.
(d) It gives the feeling that the hostages may have been burned to prevent the story from getting out.
4. What will eventually lead to the end of Ned's quiet life?
(a) Being friends with Alex Fitzgerald.
(b) Getting back into stealing horses.
(c) Being drawn back into the happenings of his family.
(d) Losing his job.
5. What does Ned do as his group leaves town?
(a) He begins another letter.
(b) He marries the printer's wife.
(c) He throws away his letter.
(d) He curses the town.
6. How does Thomas Crunow act?
(a) He is ashamed of his behavior.
(b) He is so condescending that he thinks nothing of what he has done, or of any of the people who hate him for it.
(c) He is fearful of the gang.
(d) He is embarrassed for being such a coward.
7. What happens in this chapter?
(a) A factual event of Ned's hanging.
(b) A blend of folklore and reality.
(c) Ned escapes from the police.
(d) Mary rescues Ned and takes him to the United States.
8. What is taking place in Ned's dream?
(a) A schoolmaster reading out of Shakespeare's famous play, Henry V.
(b) HIs family is being murdered.
(c) His students are running amuck.
(d) A school master is reprimanding him.
9. Why is Ned forced to shoot, and kill one of the constables?
(a) He threatens Ned.
(b) One constable goes for his gun.
(c) He shoots at Ned first.
(d) He is running at Ned.
10. What is Ned carrying with him in Jerilderie?
(a) His child.
(b) A revolver.
(c) A book he is writing.
(d) A 58 page letter of the true events.
11. Where do Ned and his friends retreat?
(a) Deeper into the Australian wilderness.
(b) To a neighboring home.
(c) A nearby town.
(d) The local bar in town.
12. Why can Ned not find a printer?
(a) The printer is murdered.
(b) The printer refuses to come out of his house.
(c) He has left town.
(d) There is no printer in town.
13. What does the wife do with the five pounds?
(a) She spends it.
(b) She throws it away.
(c) She returns it.
(d) She keeps it.
14. Why are all the men affected by this story?
(a) They are sad for Mary.
(b) They are horse people.
(c) They know the Sons of Sieve.
(d) They feel embarrassed for what they have done.
15. What are Ned, Dan, Steve, and Joe?
(b) The base of what will become known as the Kelly Gang.
(c) Unorganized and unsure.
(d) Scared and worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ned not take Mrs Goodman up on her offer to dance?
2. Why does Ned get into an argument with Steve Hart?
3. How does the gang win allies?
4. What does Ned get from reading about the Monitor?
5. What is his other request?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)