|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ned meet for the first time at this meal?
(a) His sister Ellen Kelly.
(c) His Uncles.
(d) The woman he will marry.
2. What system do the two cops use when interrogating Ned?
(a) Good cop, bad cop,
3. What eventually happens to Ned?
(a) He escapes.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He is set free.
(d) He dies from old age in prison.
4. Why is Ned sold to the bush ranger, Harry Power?
(a) Ellen needs the money to support the rest of her family.
(b) Harry Power needs an assistant.
(c) Ellen can not stand Ned.
(d) To clear the way for Bill Frost and Ellen to be married.
5. What does Quinn hit Cons in the head with that gashes his head open?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A stake.
(c) A knife.
(d) A spur.
6. Why does Ellen attack the banshee with an ax?
(a) It is attacking her.
(b) It is trying to hurt Bill Frost.
(c) She realizes it is after Ned.
(d) It is evil.
7. What does Mr. Edward Rogers, owner or the barroom, do for Ned and Wild?
(a) He calms the feud between them.
(b) He helps them become friends.
(c) He arranges for an official fight in a week.
(d) He has them both arrested.
8. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
(a) His concsience is telling him to do the right thing.
(b) Harry has convinced this is what he must do.
(c) He can not let others take the fall.
(d) He is guilty and must turn himself in.
9. For what do the police take Ned's father to prison?
(a) He is an abusive alcoholic.
(b) He has actually killed the calf.
(c) Ned admits to killing the calf, trying to save his dad.
(d) He has stolen property.
10. How does the novel start?
(a) With Red's life as a young child.
(b) With Ned's life as a young child.
(c) With Ned's life as a young father.
(d) With Grace's life as a young child.
11. Who is described as dangerously powerful?
(a) The commissioner.
(b) The rector.
(c) The police officers.
(d) The police dogs.
12. Harry Power says, "forget your mamma. There ain't no happiness for neither of us at Eleven Mile Creek." What is significant about this statement?
(a) Eleven Mile Creek is the only place they will find happiness.
(b) It is the best piece of advice Ned will receive.
(c) Harry loves Ned's mamma.
(d) Harry had forgotten his own mamma.
13. Why is there nothing Ned can do about his seventeen stolen horses?
(a) Constable Flood steals them.
(b) Ned is in trouble wit h the law.
(c) His brother, Jem, steals them.
(d) No one trusts or believes him.
14. Who does Annie marry?
(a) Alex Gunn.
(b) Bill Frost.
(c) Harry Power.
(d) Billy Gray.
15. What does Harry tell Ned has to be done to defend honor?
(a) Bill Frost has to come home.
(b) He has to get married.
(c) He has to kill Bill Frost.
(d) Bill Frost has to be threatened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ned dislikes Bill. How does Bill feel about Ned?
2. Who is Tom Lloyd?
3. How does Ned respond to the commissioner?
4. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
5. What does Ned's mother do to him after his father's death?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)