|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book is written from whose point of view?
(a) Ned Kelly's.
(b) Red Kelly's.
(c) Mary Kelly's.
(d) Grace Kelly's.
2. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
(a) Uncle Lloyd.
(c) A strange boy.
3. What is told by the papers has a tendency to do what?
(b) Exaggerate the truth.
(c) Tell the truth.
(d) Tell a portion of the truth.
4. Who is Tom Lloyd?
(a) Ned's enemy.
(b) A thief.
(c) Ned's main friend during this time.
(d) A stranger in town.
5. What does Kevin the Rat Charmer promise Ellen?
(a) To bring rats to Ellen's home, unless she pays him.
(b) To charm all the rats away.
(c) To charm all the rats away for payment.
(d) To sell Ellen cats who will kill the rats.
6. What does police officer Cons Flood make his life mission?
(a) To marry Annie.
(b) To save Ned.
(c) To put criminals behind bars.
(d) Put Ned in prison as often as possible.
7. Why do the McCormicks lie and say the Kellys work their horse without permission?
(a) They want to be compensated.
(b) They want to get Ned into trouble.
(c) They like to start trouble.
(d) They want to get rid of the horse.
8. Why does Cons put his hand on Ned's back in a friendly way?
(a) So the whole town would hate Ned
(b) He is worried about Ned.
(c) He wants to congratulate Ned.
(d) He cares abou Ned.
9. How does the novel start?
(a) With Red's life as a young child.
(b) With Grace's life as a young child.
(c) With Ned's life as a young father.
(d) With Ned's life as a young child.
10. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
(a) He has fallen asleep near the heater.
(b) The hot summer sun is rising.
(c) He has been wrapped up in warm blankets.
(d) The house is on fire.
11. Who is the school bully who hears a story about Ned's father and passes it around?
(a) Michael O'Connor.
(b) Dick Shelton.
(c) Patchy Moran.
(d) Red Kelly.
12. To what American is Harry Power compared?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Al Capone.
(d) Dick Tracy.
13. Ned dislikes Bill. How does Bill feel about Ned?
(a) Bill thinks of Ned like a son.
(b) He does not think about Ned.
(c) He respects him.
(d) Bill dislikes Ned as much as Ned dislikes him.
14. What do they show, to Ned's amazement?
(a) How easy it is to alter the law.
(b) How to safe himself.
(c) How to use the handcuffs.
(d) How to escape.
15. To what does Ned say he becomes addicted?
(d) His mother's pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is falsely charged with the theft of the watch and gelding?
2. How is Ned viewed after the fight?
3. Why does Ned get into a huge fight with a farmer?
4. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
5. How are the chapters referred to through out the book?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)