|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone but his mother, brothers and sisters hate Ned?
(a) They think he is a traitor.
(b) He killed Bill Frost.
(c) He turned in Harry Power.
(d) He turned in his uncles.
2. Of what does Ellen Quinn decide the family should be taking advantage?
(a) The money from Dick Shelton's family.
(b) The Embargo Act.
(c) The death of Red.
(d) The Duffy Land Act.
3. What does Harry take the time to point out about the wood?
(a) It is a hardwood.
(b) It is so thick as to be bullet proof.
(c) It is easy to cut.
(d) It is very smooth.
4. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
(a) Harry has convinced this is what he must do.
(b) He can not let others take the fall.
(c) He is guilty and must turn himself in.
(d) His concsience is telling him to do the right thing.
5. Who is the school bully who hears a story about Ned's father and passes it around?
(a) Patchy Moran.
(b) Red Kelly.
(c) Dick Shelton.
(d) Michael O'Connor.
6. Why does the family bring out the good table cloth and candles, and they eat everything Ellen has baked?
(a) The charges have been dropped.
(b) Ned has decided not to turn himself in.
(c) The Harry Power turns himself in.
(d) Ned has made up his mind.
7. About what is Ned not concerned?
(a) Going to court.
(b) Having a visit from his mother.
(c) Be put back in jail.
(d) Being released.
8. Why does Ned not like Bill Frost?
(a) Ned has to work harder when Bill is around.
(b) He pretends to know everything about agriculture and land management.
(c) Bill knows more about agriculture and land management than Ned.
(d) He is Ellen's suitor.
9. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
(a) He has been wrapped up in warm blankets.
(b) The house is on fire.
(c) The hot summer sun is rising.
(d) He has fallen asleep near the heater.
10. Why does Ellen attack the banshee with an ax?
(a) It is evil.
(b) It is trying to hurt Bill Frost.
(c) It is attacking her.
(d) She realizes it is after Ned.
11. Why does Ned get into a huge fight with a farmer?
(a) He tries to steal Ned's horse.
(b) He insults Ned's sister Annie.
(c) He attempts to take Ned's and Henry's souvenirs from their latest stagecoach robbery.
(d) He makes a very crude reference about Bill Frost and Ned's mother having intercourse.
12. What does Ned realize James has done?
(a) Slept with his mother.
(b) Stolen horses.
(c) Married his sister.
(d) Started the fire,
13. How does this prelude begin?
(a) In the forest.
(c) At midnight.
14. What do they show, to Ned's amazement?
(a) How to safe himself.
(b) How to use the handcuffs.
(c) How to escape.
(d) How easy it is to alter the law.
15. Who finds a dress and some face paint?
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually happens to Ned?
2. Ned Kelly takes place in some competitions early such as riding and the long jump that he wins, but what does he realize?
3. What does Ellen do when she is convinced Bill is gone and will not come back?
4. Who looks like an apparition of Red?
5. What does Harry claim to Ellen?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)