|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Death of Edward Kelly".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happens to Ned?
(a) He escapes.
(b) He dies from old age in prison.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He is set free.
2. Harry Power says, "forget your mamma. There ain't no happiness for neither of us at Eleven Mile Creek." What is significant about this statement?
(a) It is the best piece of advice Ned will receive.
(b) Harry loves Ned's mamma.
(c) Harry had forgotten his own mamma.
(d) Eleven Mile Creek is the only place they will find happiness.
3. When they return two weeks later, what do they find out?
(a) The letter has been printed.
(b) The letter has been handed over to the police.
(c) Every person in town has a copy of his letter.
(d) The printer has been killed.
4. To what American is Harry Power compared?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) Al Capone.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Dick Tracy.
5. One of Shakespeare's famous plays is read, particularly with reference to what?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) St. Crispin's Day.
(c) Labor Day.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do constables and local politicians arrest twenty-one people for just knowing Ned Kelly?
2. Why is Ned sold to the bush ranger, Harry Power?
3. Why does Ned prepare to do the honorable thing and turn himself in?
4. What does the schoolmaster promise?
5. What does Ned do as his group leaves town?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)