|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parcel 12, "Conception and Construction of Armour".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ned respond to the commissioner?
(a) He would like to fight man to man.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is guilty.
(d) He is innocent and wants to be set free.
2. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
(a) The house is on fire.
(b) He has fallen asleep near the heater.
(c) He has been wrapped up in warm blankets.
(d) The hot summer sun is rising.
3. How does Ned's honor result in him going to prison for six months?
(a) He refuses to turn in Ben.
(b) He is guilty of stealing the McCormicks' horse.
(c) He writes a threatening note to the McCormicks.
(d) He threatens Cons.
4. What does Harry take the time to point out about the wood?
(a) It is so thick as to be bullet proof.
(b) It is a hardwood.
(c) It is very smooth.
(d) It is easy to cut.
5. Why does everyone but his mother, brothers and sisters hate Ned?
(a) He killed Bill Frost.
(b) He turned in Harry Power.
(c) He turned in his uncles.
(d) They think he is a traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ned not want to go to the United States, even though he has the money?
2. What has Ellen been sentenced to?
3. Why is the age of twelve significant for Ned?
4. What do they show, to Ned's amazement?
5. Barry refuses Ned and Dan's bargain, and what does he call them?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)