|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parcel 6, "Events Precipitated by the Arrest of Harry Power".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happens to Ned?
(a) He dies from old age in prison.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He is set free.
(d) He escapes.
2. Why is Ned sold to the bush ranger, Harry Power?
(a) To clear the way for Bill Frost and Ellen to be married.
(b) Ellen needs the money to support the rest of her family.
(c) Harry Power needs an assistant.
(d) Ellen can not stand Ned.
3. Why does Ben Gould ask to rent the Kelly's land at one quid a day?
(a) Until his cart is ready to go.
(b) He needs a place to live.
(c) He is in love with Ellen.
(d) He likes their property.
4. Who is falsely charged with the theft of the watch and gelding?
(b) Uncle James.
(c) Uncle Jack Lloyd.
5. What does Ned do to the Murray's calf that is stuck?
(a) He tries to kill it.
(b) He tries to free it.
(c) He tries to pet it.
(d) He tries to save it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family bring out the good table cloth and candles, and they eat everything Ellen has baked?
2. What does Ned realize James has done?
3. Why does Ned get into a huge fight with a farmer?
4. What does Wild Wright not tell Ned about the horse he is allowing him to borrow?
5. Why is the age of twelve significant for Ned?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)