|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parcel 5, "His Early Contact with Senior Policemen".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen have the baby by herself on the table?
(a) No one else is at home.
(b) She has a disease which is contagious.
(c) She does not want anyone near her.
(d) Red is in the county lock up.
2. Why do Ned and Jem swear a blood oath?
(a) They will always protect one another.
(b) They will murder their mother's suitors.
(c) They do not want the farm to be in complete disarray again.
(d) They will keep their mother and sisters safe.
3. Why does Ned's mother call him a fool, and say they would not do the same for him if the situation were reversed?
(a) Ned is turning his uncles in.
(b) Ned is giving money to his uncles.
(c) Ned is supporting his uncles.
(d) Ned has decided to turn himself in.
4. What do they show, to Ned's amazement?
(a) How easy it is to alter the law.
(b) How to use the handcuffs.
(c) How to escape.
(d) How to safe himself.
5. Who visits the home, and it is suggested that he makes an advance on Ellen? She responds by slapping him and calling him a coward.
(a) Sergeant O'Neil.
(b) Red Kelly.
(c) Michael O'Connor.
(d) Patchy Moran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen tell her sons when she picks them up?
2. What does Harry take the time to point out about the wood?
3. The creature turns out to be who, covered in thick sheets of iron, but not at the legs?
4. While staying with his aunts and uncles, at what does Ned become good?
5. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)