|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parcel 3, "His Life at 15 Years of Age".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a fiery nature, strong temper, and a difficult time dealing with Red Kelly, Ned's father?
(a) Ned's aunt.
(b) Ned's grandmother.
(c) Ned's sister.
(d) Ned's mother.
2. What does Ned realize James has done?
(a) Stolen horses.
(b) Married his sister.
(c) Started the fire,
(d) Slept with his mother.
3. Why does Ned begin to hate his uncle?
(a) He is unkind to his mother.
(b) He beats his sisters.
(c) He steals from the family.
(d) He is just looking to get into bed with his mother.
4. What does Ellen tell her sons when she picks them up?
(a) She is remarried.
(b) She has bought a thousand acre lot.
(c) She loves them.
(d) She needs to sell them to buy a thousand acre lot.
5. To what American is Harry Power compared?
(a) Dick Tracy.
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Al Capone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is James Whitty released from his deal with the devil?
2. While staying with his aunts and uncles, at what does Ned become good?
3. Why does Ellen have the baby by herself on the table?
4. What does Ned's mother do to him after his father's death?
5. What is told by the papers has a tendency to do what?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)