|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parcel 3, "His Life at 15 Years of Age".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a fiery nature, strong temper, and a difficult time dealing with Red Kelly, Ned's father?
(a) Ned's sister.
(b) Ned's grandmother.
(c) Ned's mother.
(d) Ned's aunt.
2. Harry Power says, "forget your mamma. There ain't no happiness for neither of us at Eleven Mile Creek." What is significant about this statement?
(a) It is the best piece of advice Ned will receive.
(b) Eleven Mile Creek is the only place they will find happiness.
(c) Harry loves Ned's mamma.
(d) Harry had forgotten his own mamma.
3. What eventually happens to Ned?
(a) He is set free.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He is hanged.
(d) He dies from old age in prison.
4. Why does Ned get into a huge fight with a farmer?
(a) He attempts to take Ned's and Henry's souvenirs from their latest stagecoach robbery.
(b) He tries to steal Ned's horse.
(c) He insults Ned's sister Annie.
(d) He makes a very crude reference about Bill Frost and Ned's mother having intercourse.
5. What does Ned do to the Murray's calf that is stuck?
(a) He tries to free it.
(b) He tries to kill it.
(c) He tries to save it.
(d) He tries to pet it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the novel start?
2. What does Ned say about how much he and his father communicate the final eight months of his father's life?
3. What do Turk Morrison, Bill Frost, Alex Gunn, and the infamous Harry Power have in common?
4. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
5. THE TRUE HISTORY OF THE KELLY GANG is what type of genre based around the life of famous bush ranger and Australian folk hero, Ned Kelly?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)