|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parcel 4, "His Life at 16 Years of Age".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry take the time to point out about the wood?
(a) It is so thick as to be bullet proof.
(b) It is easy to cut.
(c) It is a hardwood.
(d) It is very smooth.
2. Why is Ned sold to the bush ranger, Harry Power?
(a) Ellen can not stand Ned.
(b) To clear the way for Bill Frost and Ellen to be married.
(c) Harry Power needs an assistant.
(d) Ellen needs the money to support the rest of her family.
3. Although he is young, what does Ned quickly prove?
(a) He loves his family.
(b) He is a better man than his father ever was.
(c) He can work as hard as any man.
(d) He is good with horses.
4. Why is the age of twelve significant for Ned?
(a) It is the age he is when he begins acting like Robin Hood.
(b) It is the age he is when his father dies.
(c) It is the age he is when he moves away from home.
(d) It is the age he is when he quits school.
5. Who summons Ned on behalf of Harry Power?
(a) Uncle Lloyd.
(b) A strange boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ned begin to hate his uncle?
2. Why does Ellen attack the banshee with an ax?
3. While staying with his aunts and uncles, at what does Ned become good?
4. What does Ellen tell her sons when she picks them up?
5. How does the novel start?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)