|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parcel 4, "His Life at 16 Years of Age".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ned amazed to see when he goes home?
(a) His mother is pregnant.
(b) How easily his mother is bullied by Bill Frost.
(c) His home is a disaster.
(d) How much is mother has changed for the better.
2. Why do Ned and Jem swear a blood oath?
(a) They will always protect one another.
(b) They will keep their mother and sisters safe.
(c) They will murder their mother's suitors.
(d) They do not want the farm to be in complete disarray again.
3. Of what does Ellen Quinn decide the family should be taking advantage?
(a) The Embargo Act.
(b) The money from Dick Shelton's family.
(c) The Duffy Land Act.
(d) The death of Red.
4. What does Harry claim to Ellen?
(a) He shot Bill.
(b) Bill shot Ned.
(c) He saves Ned.
(d) He loves her.
5. How does this prelude begin?
(b) At midnight.
(c) In the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are extremely dangerous, and their bites are worse than the worst wasp sting?
2. Why is Ned sold to the bush ranger, Harry Power?
3. What is actually happening as Ned dreams about burning in hell?
4. What does Harry tell Ned has to be done to defend honor?
5. What does Ned say about how much he and his father communicate the final eight months of his father's life?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)