|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parcel 8, "24 Years".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they show, to Ned's amazement?
(a) How to use the handcuffs.
(b) How to safe himself.
(c) How to escape.
(d) How easy it is to alter the law.
2. What does Kevin, the Rat Charmer predict?
(a) Freedom from rats.
(b) A plague of rats, and baby Ellen dies.
(c) Problems with rats.
(d) Rats in the barn.
3. Why does Ned take an alternate way to school?
(a) He wants an adventure.
(b) The road is destroyed.
(c) He is meeting a friend.
(d) To avoid teasing.
4. Of what does Constable Flood accuse Dan?
(a) Killing a cop.
(b) Stealing the horses.
(c) Sleeping with Mary.
(d) Stealing from a neighbor.
5. Why is the age of twelve significant for Ned?
(a) It is the age he is when he quits school.
(b) It is the age he is when he moves away from home.
(c) It is the age he is when he begins acting like Robin Hood.
(d) It is the age he is when his father dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will eventually lead to the end of Ned's quiet life?
2. Who has a fiery nature, strong temper, and a difficult time dealing with Red Kelly, Ned's father?
3. Why does Ned get into a huge fight with a farmer?
4. Why is there nothing Ned can do about his seventeen stolen horses?
5. Who does Ned say is by far and away the best cop he has ever known?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)