|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mattie complains in Chapter 6, LaBoeuf says, “You are lucky to be traveling in a place where a spring is so handy. In my country you can ride for days and see no” what?
(a) “Lakes or ponds.”
(c) “Rivers or streams.”
(d) “Ground water.”
2. Mattie is surprised to discover that the Indian wife of the storekeeper in Chapter 6 is of what religion?
3. Who does Rooster Cogburn tell Mattie is “fixing the eats” for their trip in Chapter 5?
(a) Grandma Turner.
(c) Mattie’s mother.
(d) Potter’s wife.
4. What kind of meat has Rooster Cogburn brought along for the “grub” in Chapter 6?
(a) Salt pork.
(b) Canned salmon.
(c) Beef jerky.
5. How many horses do one of the thieves tell Rooster Ned requested at the dugout in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does LaBoeuf say the Bibbs family has put up for a reward for Tom Chaney in Chapter 5?
2. After their argument in Chapter 4, Mattie says of Ranger LaBoeuf, “He was angered and thus he left me, clanking away in all his” what?
3. How far away is the location that Rooster Cogburn wants to go to find Ned Pepper’s band after crossing the river by the store in Chapter 6?
4. Rooster Cogburn learns from the storekeeper that Lucky Ned Pepper had been seen three days earlier where in Chapter 6?
5. What Indian dish is on the fire that looks like hominy at the dugout in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opinions does Mattie assert regarding prohibition in Chapter 4?
2. What information does LaBoeuf relate to Mattie about his profession and assignment in Chapter 4?
3. What information does LaBoeuf relate to Mattie about Tom Chaney’s history in Chapter 4?
4. What does LaBoeuf say of the likelihood for the Bibbs family to pay their proposed reward in Chapter 5?
5. What does Rooster do to the boys and mule when Mattie, LaBoeuf, and Rooster arrive at the store in Chapter 6?
6. What is Rooster Cogburn’s response when Mattie asks him if he thinks President Hayes will commute Odus Wharton’s sentence in Chapter 5?
7. What does Rooster Cogburn remark about education and the lack of it when Mattie visits him in Chapter 5?
8. What is Mattie’s reply when LaBoeuf asks her who she has hired to hunt down Tom Chaney in Chapter 4?
9. What concerns does LaBoeuf voice about the campfire when the group first stops for the night in Chapter 6?
10. What reasons does Rooster Cogburn give Mattie for why she cannot accompany him on his mission in Chapter 5?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)