|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Colonel Stonehill tells Mattie that he has a tentative offer for the ponies of ten dollars per head from whom in Chapter 5?
(a) The Union Pacific Railroad.
(b) The Pfitzer Soap Works.
(c) The National Guard.
(d) Malvern Stables.
2. How much does Mattie pay for one of Colonel Stonehill’s ponies in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Rooster Cogburn tell the boys to claim cut Mr. Simmons’s mule loose in Chapter 6?
(a) Mr. Myers.
(b) Mr. Burlingame.
(c) Mr. James.
(d) Mr. Bibbs.
4. Who is the first person Rooster Cogburn recognizes hiding in the dugout in Chapter 6?
(a) Lucky Ned Pepper.
(b) L.T. Quinn.
(c) Emmett Quincy.
(d) George Garrett.
5. What Indian dish is on the fire that looks like hominy at the dugout in Chapter 6?
(b) Venison stew.
(c) Acorn mash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ghost story does Mattie suggest telling around the campfire in Chapter 6?
2. What is the name of the storekeeper at the riverside store that Mattie, LaBoeuf and Rooster Cogburn stop at with the taunted mule in Chapter 6?
3. When Mattie is sick in Chapter 4, Mrs. Floyd wraps a rag around her neck that has been soaked in what?
4. Mattie is surprised to discover that the Indian wife of the storekeeper in Chapter 6 is of what religion?
5. Ranger LaBoeuf is looking for Tom Chaney because he killed a senator in Texas named what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the photograph described that LaBoeuf shows to Mattie in Chapter 4? How does she respond?
2. How does Mrs. Floyd treat Mattie when she becomes sick in Chapter 4?
3. What opinions does Mattie assert regarding prohibition in Chapter 4?
4. What is LaBoeuf’s reply when Mattie asks him why Tom Chaney supposedly shot a Texas senator?
5. What book does Mattie describe reading to Grandma Turner while she’s sick in Chapter 4?
6. What is Colonel Stonehill’s demeanor like when Mattie goes to see him with the paperwork in the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. How is the “dugout” described when Mattie, Rooster, and LaBoeuf arrive there in Chapter 6?
8. What are the boys doing outside the store when Mattie, LaBoeuf, and Rooster arrive in the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. How does Mattie describe Ranger LaBoeuf’s appearance when he arrives at the Monarch boarding house in Chapter 4?
10. What does Rooster do to the boys and mule when Mattie, LaBoeuf, and Rooster arrive at the store in Chapter 6?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)