|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mattie’s letter from Lawyer Daggett in Chapter 5, he tells her that who is “down with an earache”?
(b) Little Frank.
(d) Katy Flyer.
2. Mattie tells Ranger LaBoeuf in Chapter 4 that “the good people of Arkansas do not go easy on men who abuse” what?
(a) “Church officials.”
(b) “Poor people.”
(c) “Political appointees.”
(d) “Women and children.”
3. What food item does Mattie describe in Chapter 6 as “balls of what I would call hot-water cornbread”?
(a) Corn bombers.
(b) Corn dodgers.
(c) Corn kabobs.
(d) Corn floppers.
4. Colonel Stonehill tells Mattie that he has a tentative offer for the ponies of ten dollars per head from whom in Chapter 5?
(a) Malvern Stables.
(b) The Pfitzer Soap Works.
(c) The Union Pacific Railroad.
(d) The National Guard.
5. What kind of meat has Rooster Cogburn brought along for the “grub” in Chapter 6?
(a) Canned salmon.
(c) Salt pork.
(d) Beef jerky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Moon say his brother is in Chapter 6?
2. What character has been shot that is hiding out in the dugout in Chapter 6?
3. Rooster Cogburn learns from the storekeeper that Lucky Ned Pepper had been seen three days earlier where in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Quincy claim they got the horses in Chapter 6 when questioned about them by Rooster?
5. When Mattie and Ranger LaBoeuf get into a disagreement in Chapter 4, Mattie tells him, “I will not be” what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mattie, LaBoeuf, and Rooster do at the store when they arrive in the beginning of Chapter 6? Who is the storekeeper?
2. What reasons does Rooster Cogburn give Mattie for why she cannot accompany him on his mission in Chapter 5?
3. What is Mattie’s reply when LaBoeuf asks her who she has hired to hunt down Tom Chaney in Chapter 4?
4. What news of Lucky Ned’s gang has Rooster Cogburn learned from Bagby in Chapter 6?
5. What is Colonel Stonehill’s demeanor like when Mattie goes to see him with the paperwork in the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. How does Mrs. Floyd treat Mattie when she becomes sick in Chapter 4?
7. How is the “dugout” described when Mattie, Rooster, and LaBoeuf arrive there in Chapter 6?
8. What is LaBoeuf’s reply when Mattie asks him why Tom Chaney supposedly shot a Texas senator?
9. What does Rooster do to the boys and mule when Mattie, LaBoeuf, and Rooster arrive at the store in Chapter 6?
10. What does LaBoeuf say of the likelihood for the Bibbs family to pay their proposed reward in Chapter 5?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)