|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old is Ranger LaBoeuf when Mattie describes his arrival in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Mattie say that Rooster Cogburn has gone when she speaks with Ranger LaBoeuf at the boarding house in Chapter 4?
(b) Little Rock.
3. How much snow has collected in four hours as Mattie, LaBeouf, and Rooster set out after their first night of camp in Chapter 6?
(a) 12-14 inches.
(b) 6-7 inches.
(c) 10-11 inches.
(d) 2-3 inches.
4. Where in Louisiana does Ranger LaBoeuf say Tom Chaney dallies before turning up at Mattie’s father’s place in Chapter 4?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
5. When Mattie is sick in Chapter 4, Mrs. Floyd wraps a rag around her neck that has been soaked in what?
(b) Mint leaves.
(c) Vick’s salve.
6. What does Quincy do when Moon starts to talk about what he knows in Chapter 6?
(a) He shoots Moon in the face.
(b) He shoots himself.
(c) He chops off Moon’s fingers.
(d) He kicks Moon under the table.
7. What kind of meat has Rooster Cogburn brought along for the “grub” in Chapter 6?
(b) Beef jerky.
(c) Canned salmon.
(d) Salt pork.
8. What does Colonel Stonehill refer to Arkansas as in Chapter 5?
(a) “The Show Me State.”
(b) “The Land of Lincoln.”
(c) “The Bear State.”
(d) “The Peach State.”
9. What does Rooster Cogburn do to the boys that were taunting the mule in Chapter 6?
(a) He pours a spittoon on them.
(b) He spanks them.
(c) He throws mule dung at them.
(d) He kicks them into the mud.
10. What does Mattie hold over the fire to threaten Rooster Cogburn into agreeing to let her go with him in Chapter 5?
(a) His bible.
(b) His badge.
(c) His expense sheets.
(d) His wallet.
11. Who does Rooster Cogburn say “helps us on timber cases and them clerks is used to seeing his name” in Chapter 5?
(a) Judge Isaac Parker.
(b) Lawyer J. Noble Daggett.
(c) Theron Chelmsford.
(d) Pig Satterfield.
12. According to Mattie in Chapter 5, “Papa would not own a horse with more than one” what?
(c) “White leg.”
13. When Mattie and Ranger LaBoeuf get into a disagreement in Chapter 4, Mattie tells him, “I will not be” what?
(b) “Lied to.”
14. At what time does Mattie go to the stock barn and exchange her release for the cash from Colonel Stonehill in Chapter 5?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 6:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
15. Who does Rooster tell LaBoeuf to go and tell about the Texas Ranger troop instead of him and Mattie in Chapter 6?
(a) Jerry Vick.
(b) John Wesley Hardin.
(c) William Waters.
(d) Owen Hardy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the storekeeper at the riverside store that Mattie, LaBoeuf and Rooster Cogburn stop at with the taunted mule in Chapter 6?
2. What does Rooster Cogburn have for a ground sheet when they make camp in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Mattie say her father took her and her brother coon hunting last summer in Chapter 5?
4. Colonel Stonehill tells Mattie in Chapter 5 that Rooster Cogburn “rode by the light of the moon with Quantrill and” who?
5. What color hair is Ranger LaBoeuf described as having in Chapter 4?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)