|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Mattie pay to stay at the Monarch boarding house per night in Chapter 2?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 90 cents.
(c) 75 cents.
(d) 45 cents.
2. Yarnell Poindexter is described as a freeborn black man from where?
3. What does Mattie hold over the fire to threaten Rooster Cogburn into agreeing to let her go with him in Chapter 5?
(a) His badge.
(b) His bible.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His expense sheets.
4. According to Mattie in Chapter 1, Yarnell Poindexter later died in the flu epidemic of what year?
5. Where was Mattie’s father killed, according to the narrative in Chapter 1?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Fort Smith, Arkansas.
(d) St Louis, Missouri.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the trial of the Wharton man, Rooster tells Mattie in Chapter 5 that Lawyer Goudy is going to Washington to see if what President will commute the sentence?
2. In Mattie’s letter from Lawyer Daggett in Chapter 5, he relates that who is “still away on his deer hunt”?
3. How much money does Mattie take with her when she and Yarnell go to see about her father’s body in Chapter 2?
4. What was the name of Mattie’s father?
5. Who does Rooster Cogburn tell Mattie is “fixing the eats” for their trip in Chapter 5?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)