|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the sheriff name as the best tracker and a half-breed Comanche in Chapter 2?
(a) William Waters.
(b) Rooster Cogburn.
(c) Little Frank.
(d) George Garrett.
2. Mattie states in Chapter 1 that Tom Chaney said he was from where?
3. Ranger LaBoeuf tells Mattie that she has what kind of manner in Chapter 4?
4. How did Tom Chaney kill Mattie’s father, according to Mattie’s narrative in Chapter 1?
(a) He stabbed him.
(b) He strangled him.
(c) He shot him.
(d) He drowned him.
5. The gold pieces that Mattie’s father carried in his clothes were a wedding gift from Mattie’s grandfather named what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mattie tells Colonel Stonehill in Chapter 3 that her family sold their early cotton in Little Rock to whom?
2. What is the name of the night watchman at Colonel Stonehill’s barn when Mattie stays the night in Chapter 5?
3. Mattie says in Chapter 3, “About the only outlaws in our country who ever went to Federal Court were "moonshiners" like” who?
4. How many men does Rooster Cogburn claim to have killed in his years as a U.S. marshal in Chapter 3?
5. Mattie describes the undertaker that she and Yarnell go to see about her father’s body as being what in Chapter 2?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)