|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mattie share a room with at the Monarch boarding house in Chapter 2?
(a) The Original Greaser Bob.
(b) Harold Permalee.
(c) Grandma Turner.
(d) Theron Chelmsford.
2. Mattie tells Colonel Stonehill in Chapter 3 that her family sold their early cotton in Little Rock to whom?
(a) Smith and Sons.
(b) Barnes and Son.
(c) Woodson Brothers.
(d) Marcus Brothers.
3. How much money does Mattie take with her when she and Yarnell go to see about her father’s body in Chapter 2?
4. How old does Mattie describe Tom Chaney as being in Chapter 1?
5. How much does Mattie pay to stay at the Monarch boarding house per night in Chapter 2?
(a) 90 cents.
(b) 75 cents.
(c) 45 cents.
(d) 25 cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Rooster Cogburn claim to have killed in his years as a U.S. marshal in Chapter 3?
2. What is described as the highest point in Arkansas in Chapter 1?
3. About how old does Mattie describe Rooster Cogburn as in Chapter 3?
4. According to Mattie in Chapter 1, her father had how many acres of “good bottom land on the south bank of the Arkansas River?
5. Mattie says in Chapter 3, “You must pay for everything in this world one way and another. There is nothing free except” what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)