|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattie in Chapter 1, Yarnell Poindexter later died in the flu epidemic of what year?
2. What newspaper does Mattie mention that publishes a delinquent tax list every year in Chapter 3?
(a) The Arkansas Gazette.
(b) The Houston Weekly.
(c) The Chicago Chronicle.
(d) The New York Times.
3. What was the name of Mattie’s father?
(a) Jacob Ross.
(b) Alfred Ross.
(c) Frank Ross.
(d) Matthew Ross.
4. Where has Lawyer Daggett gone to “try one of his steamboat suits” in the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. How much money does Colonel Stonehill agree to give Mattie after haggling with her in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mattie Ross when she leaves home to avenge her father’s murder in the novel?
2. Who does Mattie say “watched all his hangings from an upper window in the Courthouse” in Chapter 2?
3. Where did Yarnell Poindexter later become a prosperous house painter, according to Mattie in Chapter 1?
4. According to Mattie in Chapter 1, her father was a church member where?
5. How much cash did Tom Chaney steal from Mattie’s father in addition to the gold coins?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)