|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mattie in Chapter 1, Yarnell Poindexter later died in the flu epidemic of what year?
2. What was the name of Mattie’s father?
(a) Alfred Ross.
(b) Matthew Ross.
(c) Jacob Ross.
(d) Frank Ross.
3. About how old does Mattie describe Rooster Cogburn as in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of the hangman in Chapter 2?
(a) Farrell Permalee.
(b) William Waters.
(c) Mr. Spotted-Gourd.
(d) George Maledon.
5. Mattie says in Chapter 3 that Judge Parker died of dropsy in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonel Stonehill says in Chapter 3, “They told me this town was the be the” what of “the Southwest”?
2. How far does Mattie say the distance was between their family stead and Fort Smith, Arkansas, in Chapter 1?
3. Why did Papa take “it in his head to go to Fort Smith” after the last of the cotton was sold, according to Mattie in Chapter 1?
4. Mattie says in Chapter 3, “You must pay for everything in this world one way and another. There is nothing free except” what?
5. How much does Mattie pay to stay at the Monarch boarding house per night in Chapter 2?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)