|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattie says in Chapter 2, “I thought then and still think that Fort Smith ought to be in” what state, as opposed to Arkansas?
2. What animals does Mattie say in Chapter 3 are “all wicked, though often useful”?
3. Around how many people have gathered to attend the hanging in Chapter 2?
4. The sheriff tells Mattie in Chapter 2 that the reason he’s not hunting for Tom Chaney is because he has no authority where and that now Chaney is the business of the U.S. marshals?
(a) In a National Park.
(b) Hot Spring County.
(c) The State of Texas.
(d) The Indian Nation.
5. How much does the shipping cost to send Mattie’s father to Dardanelle in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rooster Cogburn’s real first name in the novel?
2. How much does Mattie pay to stay at the Monarch boarding house per night in Chapter 2?
3. What is Mattie’s sister’s name in the novel?
4. Mattie says in Chapter 3 that Judge Parker died of dropsy in what year?
5. Who does Mattie say “watched all his hangings from an upper window in the Courthouse” in Chapter 2?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)