|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rooster Cogburn’s real first name in the novel?
2. According to Mattie in Chapter 1, Yarnell Poindexter later died in the flu epidemic of what year?
3. In what county is Dardanelle located?
(a) Independence County.
(b) Yell County.
(c) Hempstead County.
(d) Hot Spring County.
4. Rooster Cogburn lives in a small room in back of what in Chapter 3?
(a) A church.
(b) The town library.
(c) Chinese grocery store.
(d) A funeral home.
5. Mattie states in Chapter 1 that Tom Chaney said he was from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Mattie remain sick and in bed at the Monarch boarding house in Chapter 4?
2. How far does Mattie say the distance was between their family stead and Fort Smith, Arkansas, in Chapter 1?
3. Of what does Ranger LaBoeuf say in Chapter 4 that it “is sordid and dangerous and is best left in the hands of men who know the work”?
4. Where in Louisiana does Ranger LaBoeuf say Tom Chaney dallies before turning up at Mattie’s father’s place in Chapter 4?
5. How much does Mattie pay to stay at the Monarch boarding house per night in Chapter 2?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)