|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mattie compares the mark on Tom Chaney’s face with whose in Chapter 4?
2. Which U.S. marshal does the sheriff say in Chapter 2 brings in prisoners alive and “believes even the worst of men is entitled to a fair shake”?
(a) Jerry Vick.
(b) L.T. Quinn.
(c) Emmett Quincy.
(d) Mr. James.
3. What song does the preacher lead the men about to be hung in as Mattie watches in Chapter 2?
(a) Saving Grace.
(b) End of the Road.
(c) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.
(d) Amazing Grace.
4. Mattie says in Chapter 3, “You must pay for everything in this world one way and another. There is nothing free except” what?
(a) “The dirt we walk on.”
(b) “A mother’s love.”
(c) “The Grace of God.”
(d) “The air we breathe.”
5. Of what does Ranger LaBoeuf say in Chapter 4 that it “is sordid and dangerous and is best left in the hands of men who know the work”?
(a) “Criminal investigation.”
(b) “Bank robberies.”
(d) “Jury trials.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Ranger LaBoeuf tells Mattie in Chapter 4 that she is “very young” and what to boot?
2. When Mattie sends Yarnell back with her father’s body in Chapter 2, she tells him to have who put the body in a better coffin?
3. How much cash did Tom Chaney steal from Mattie’s father in addition to the gold coins?
4. About how old is Ranger LaBoeuf when Mattie describes his arrival in Chapter 4?
5. Mattie tells Ranger LaBoeuf in Chapter 4 that “the good people of Arkansas do not go easy on men who abuse” what?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)