|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on the bus, what does Rafaela ask Arcangel about his job?
(a) If he is a poet.
(b) If he is a businessman.
(c) If he has ever worked before.
(d) If he is a wrestler.
2. What do the homeless people form after moving in to the cars on the freeway?
(a) A choir.
(b) A militia.
(c) A school.
(d) A government.
3. After the man in the black Jaguar attacks Rafaela, what does she see?
(a) That she is back in the United States.
(b) That she has cut off his ear.
(c) That the police have arrested him.
(d) That a crowd has formed.
4. Why is Gabriel unable to track the smuggled oranges?
(a) Because the paperwork has been destroyed.
(b) Because the paperwork has been falsified.
(c) Because the paperwork has been made private.
(d) Because the Gabriel lost the paperwork.
5. In Chapter 37, why are so many people in Los Angeles walking?
(a) Because there is a parade.
(b) Because of the traffic jam.
(c) Because of car thefts.
(d) Because they are boycotting cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, why does Gabriel think the homeless living in cars on the freeway will be safe from police interference?
2. Why does Gabriel call Bobby in Chapter 26?
3. Who is the first person Emi tells about Manzanar being her grandfather?
4. In Chapter 37, who does Buzzworm see chasing Sol?
5. What does Arcangel give Rafaela when she asks him to take care of Sol if something should happen to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arcangel bond with Rodriguez in Chapter 23?
2. What does Emi confess to Buzzworm when she is on top of the news van?
3. What happens when Rafaela calls Gabriel after mailing him the cooler from Dona Maria's?
4. How do Gabriel and Emi's attitudes toward the news differ in Chapters 26 and 27?
5. What happens when Arcangel tries to cross the United States border in Chapter 33?
6. What happens when Gabriel calls Emi in Chapter 29?
7. Why is Buzzworm concerned about the herion injected in oranges when he hears about it in Chapter 22?
8. How does Gabriel reveal C. Juarez's real name?
9. How does Gabriel feel about the use of technology in his news reporting?
10. In Chapter 45, what happens when Bobby and Rafaela reunite?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)