|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man in the black Jaguar end up being able to capture Rafaela?
(a) Because she falls asleep on the bus.
(b) Because she gets too close trying to save Sol.
(c) Because Arcangel hands her over to him.
(d) Because she gives herself over to him.
2. What does Emi do when she realizes she is dying?
(a) She writes a note to Gabriel.
(b) She tells Buzzworm where all her files are.
(c) She wants to call into work.
(d) She tries to make jokes.
3. Why doesn't Bobby answer Xiayue's question about her brother in Chapter 40?
(a) Because he wants Xiayue's reunion with her brother to be a surprise.
(b) Because he thinks Xiayue's brother is dead or arrested.
(c) Because he doesn't know anything about her brother.
(d) Because he doesn't hear the question.
4. Why does Buzzworm want Gabriel to visit Mexico in Chapter 25?
(a) To smuggle oranges.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To follow up on a story.
(d) To check on Rafaela.
5. What happens when news breaks about cocaine in oranges in Chapter 22?
(a) People begin to buy more oranges.
(b) Gabriel asks to interview Buzzworm.
(c) Orange farmers try to prove their innocence.
(d) People stop buying oranges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rafaela do when she first sees Bobby in Chapter 45?
2. What does Arcangel give Rafaela when she asks him to take care of Sol if something should happen to her?
3. What does Gabriel ask Emi to do for him while he is out of town in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 32, how does Gabriel receive a list of all the people in Mazatlan who have gone missing?
5. How does Manzanar feel about his first interview with Gabriel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 45, what happens when Bobby and Rafaela reunite?
2. Why does Rafaela visit Gabriel's house, after leaving Dona Maria's, in Chapter 24?
3. How does Gabriel reveal C. Juarez's real name?
4. What does Emi confess to Buzzworm when she is on top of the news van?
5. Why is Buzzworm concerned about the herion injected in oranges when he hears about it in Chapter 22?
6. How does Gabriel feel about the use of technology in his news reporting?
7. What prediction does Manzanar make in Chapter 35 about the Los Angeles sporting events?
8. What does the situation on the freeway remind Manzanar of in Chapter 28?
9. What happens when Gabriel calls Emi in Chapter 29?
10. What does Bobby think is strange as he drives north with Xiayue into Los Angeles?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)