|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rafaela ask Rodriguez about crabs in Chapter 10?
(a) If they are missing.
(b) If they are a sign.
(c) If they taste good.
(d) If they are strange.
2. How does Bobby feel about the wage he earns in the United States?
(a) He is worried that he won't have any savings.
(b) He thinks it is acceptable.
(c) He is angry that he isn't paid more.
(d) He is excited by how generous it is.
3. How does Bobby react when he is robbed in Chapter 2?
(a) He beats the robber.
(b) He tries to stab the robber.
(c) He falls to the ground.
(d) He runs away.
4. Where does Arcangel say he is from?
(b) South America.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Arcangel predict?
(a) The gender of unborn babies.
(c) The future of politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business does Bobby run?
2. How does Manzanar Mukakami describe traffic in Chapter 5?
3. Why is the television on as Emi and Gabriel eat in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 19, why does Manzanar watch the fire?
5. How does Buzzworm know the man who dies of a drug overdose in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how is Manzanar Mukakami introduced?
2. In Chapter 1, how is Rafaela's life in Mexico described?
3. What does Arcangel do when he sees a broken down truck holding up traffic in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Rafaela steal from Dona Maria in Chapter 18?
5. How does Gabriel choose the trees for his landscaping in Mexico?
6. What happens when Emi brings up cultural diversity in Chapter 20?
7. After leaving the restaurant in Chapter 21, what new part of his identity does Arcangel reveal?
8. In Chapter 14, what does Emi learn about the car accident?
9. In Chapter 7, why does the crowd of people distrust Arcangel?
10. How does Gabriel feel while going out to eat with Emi in Chapter 20?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)