|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rafaela ask Rodriguez about crabs in Chapter 10?
(a) If they are missing.
(b) If they are a sign.
(c) If they are strange.
(d) If they taste good.
2. In Chapter 2, what does a man try to steal from Bobby?
(a) His watch.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His gun.
(d) His truck.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Buzzworm say surviving has no room for?
(c) Working too hard.
(d) Drug use.
4. In Chapter 20, where do Emi and Gabriel meet?
(a) A mall food court.
(b) An Italian coffee house.
(c) A French restaurant.
(d) A sushi restaurant.
5. What business does Bobby run?
(a) A car repair business.
(b) A mail sorting business.
(c) A janitorial business.
(d) A lunch delivery business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Maria say Hernando does for a living?
2. In Chapter 19, why does Manzanar watch the fire?
3. Where does Arcangel say he is from?
4. Why does Manzanar finally accept being interviewed by Gabriel?
5. In Chapter 17, what happens on the freeway near the accident site?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Arcangel say about his past?
2. Why is Gabriel finally able to interview Manzanar?
3. What does Arcangel do when he sees a broken down truck holding up traffic in Chapter 11?
4. After leaving the restaurant in Chapter 21, what new part of his identity does Arcangel reveal?
5. What history of Gabriel's work is given in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 5, how is Manzanar Mukakami introduced?
7. Why does Rafaela steal from Dona Maria in Chapter 18?
8. How does Gabriel choose the trees for his landscaping in Mexico?
9. Why does Gabriel spend time near Mazatlan, Mexico in Chapter 1?
10. How do the characters react to the appearance of crabs in Chapter 10?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)