|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what happens on the freeway near the accident site?
(a) A fire breaks out.
(b) A police man is shot.
(c) A semi truck gets into an accident.
(d) Emi's car is stolen.
2. How does Buzzworm say he quit doing drugs?
(a) By reading newspapers.
(b) By listening to the radio.
(c) By losing all his money.
(d) By finding a supportive church.
3. In Chapter 21, why do people recognize Archangel's costume?
(a) Because it appeared in the newspaper that day.
(b) Because it belonged to a famous person.
(c) Because it was shown as being stolen.
(d) No one can recognize his costume.
4. How does Emi describe cultural diversity in Chapter 20?
(a) As being the future.
(b) As being dangerous.
(c) As being nonsense.
(d) As being powerful.
5. In Chapter 2, what does a man try to steal from Bobby?
(a) His gun.
(b) His truck.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Manzanar finally accept being interviewed by Gabriel?
2. What does Manzanar realize when he sees the second fire break out?
3. In Chapter 10, how does Dona Maria talk about Gabriel to Rafaela?
4. What does the young man say happened to him in Chapter 13 when shots were fired?
5. Who sees the orange roll down the street in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Emi learn about the car accident?
2. What does Manzanar do as he watches the second fire in Chapter 19?
3. Why is Gabriel finally able to interview Manzanar?
4. What does Buzzworm do with his watches in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Rafaela steal from Dona Maria in Chapter 18?
6. In Chapter 1, how is Rafaela's life in Mexico described?
7. In Chapter 16, what raises Buzzworm's suspicion about the deaths of his friends?
8. How do the characters react to the appearance of crabs in Chapter 10?
9. What does Bobby think about his disagreements with Rafaela before she left for Mexico?
10. What history of Gabriel's work is given in Chapter 6?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)