|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the man in the black Jaguar attacks Rafaela, what does she see?
(a) That she has cut off his ear.
(b) That she is back in the United States.
(c) That the police have arrested him.
(d) That a crowd has formed.
2. Why doesn't Bobby answer Xiayue's question about her brother in Chapter 40?
(a) Because he doesn't know anything about her brother.
(b) Because he wants Xiayue's reunion with her brother to be a surprise.
(c) Because he thinks Xiayue's brother is dead or arrested.
(d) Because he doesn't hear the question.
3. Why does Gabriel think Emi's parents hide her grandparents from her?
(a) They didn't know who her grandparents were.
(b) They didn't hide her grandparents from her.
(c) They were embarrased.
(d) They were in danger.
4. After showing Manzanar the cooler, what does Buzzworm consider doing with it?
(a) Burning it.
(b) Mailing it back to Mexico.
(c) Taking it to the police.
(d) Giving it to a politician.
5. Why does Buzzworm want Gabriel to visit Mexico in Chapter 25?
(a) To check on Rafaela.
(b) To take a vacation.
(c) To follow up on a story.
(d) To smuggle oranges.
6. How does Emi's network feel about airing footage of Buzzworm?
(a) They are nervous about it.
(b) They hate it.
(c) They love it.
(d) They don't care.
7. When Gabriel is in Mexico in Chapter 32, how does he know where to go?
(a) He doesn't know where to go; he just wanders.
(b) Emi sends him updates with new directions.
(c) Rafaela left him detailed directions.
(d) He receives directions from a stranger.
8. Why does Arcangel end up moving the bus he was riding on in Chapter 33?
(a) Because the bus breaks down.
(b) Because the bus is going in the wrong direction.
(c) Because the bus has a flat tire.
(d) Because someone dares him to.
9. Why does Emi tell Buzzworm she go involved with Gabriel?
(a) Because he is rich.
(b) Because he is beautiful.
(c) Because he is serious.
(d) Because he is romantic.
10. What does Rafaela do when the man in the black Jaguar attacks her?
(a) She fights back.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She calls for help.
(d) She plays dead.
11. While on the bus, what does Rafaela ask Arcangel about his job?
(a) If he is a wrestler.
(b) If he has ever worked before.
(c) If he is a poet.
(d) If he is a businessman.
12. In Chapter 25, why doesn't Gabriel go to Mexico when Rafaela calls him?
(a) He's too angry with Rafaela to go there.
(b) He can't afford to travel.
(c) He doesn't think it's important.
(d) He's too busy with work.
13. When Manzanar hears the gun shots in Chapter 42, who does he assume fired a gun?
(a) The local police.
(c) The military.
(d) The homeless.
14. How does the man in the black Jaguar end up being able to capture Rafaela?
(a) Because Arcangel hands her over to him.
(b) Because she gives herself over to him.
(c) Because she gets too close trying to save Sol.
(d) Because she falls asleep on the bus.
15. In Chapter 34, why is Bobby confident he can get Xiayue across the United States border?
(a) He thinks she will pass as his daughter.
(b) He isn't confident he can cross the border.
(c) He has money to pay them off.
(d) He knows the customs officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bobby pay the Mexican traffickers?
2. Why does Gabriel send Bobby a fax in Chapter 40?
3. Why does Buzzworm criticize Emi during their interview in Chapter 29?
4. What happens when news breaks about cocaine in oranges in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 45, how does Rafaela find her way to Bobby?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)