|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when news breaks about cocaine in oranges in Chapter 22?
(a) People stop buying oranges.
(b) Orange farmers try to prove their innocence.
(c) People begin to buy more oranges.
(d) Gabriel asks to interview Buzzworm.
2. Where does Emi sunbathe in Chapter 41?
(a) On an overpass.
(b) On top of the news van.
(c) To the side of the freeway.
(d) On a beach.
3. In Chapter 45, how does Rafaela find her way to Bobby?
(a) She uses a dog.
(b) She follows an invisible line.
(c) She consults a map he left her.
(d) She calls him first.
4. After Rafaela mails the cooler and calls Gabriel, what does Gabriel worry most about?
(a) The safety of his property in Mexico.
(b) Rafaela's political involvement.
(c) Rafaela's connection to drug smuggling.
(d) The use of his oranges in Mexico.
5. What does Rafaela do when the man in the black Jaguar attacks her?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She plays dead.
(c) She fights back.
(d) She calls for help.
6. Why does Buzzworm criticize Emi during their interview in Chapter 29?
(a) He thinks Emi is unprofessional.
(b) He thinks Emi is delaying her interview with Manzanar.
(c) He thinks Emi is cutting their interview short.
(d) He thinks Emi isn't paying attention to him.
7. What does Manzanar say is in the cooler Buzzworm hands him?
(a) A woman's liver.
(b) A man's lung.
(c) An infant's heart.
(d) A child's kidney.
8. Who does Gabriel contact when he realizes he can't track the smuggled oranges?
(a) His editor.
(d) No one.
9. In Chapter 25, who keeps Gabriel informed about the developments among the homeless population on the freeway?
(b) He watches them himself.
10. When Manzanar hears the gun shots in Chapter 42, who does he assume fired a gun?
(a) The homeless.
(c) The local police.
(d) The military.
11. In Chapter 23, how long does Arcangel tell Rodriguez he has been traveling?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five hundred years.
(d) One thousand years.
12. Why does Gabriel send faxes to the paper in Chapter 43?
(a) To warn them about Dona Maria's son.
(b) To give them his notes.
(c) To advertise the wrestling match.
(d) To help Bobby.
13. What amazes Rodriguez about Arcangel when they work together in Chapter 23?
(a) Arcangel's strength.
(b) The amount of food Arcangel carries with him.
(c) Arcangel's height.
(d) The number of times Arcangel changes his clothing.
14. Why does Bobby leave for the wrestling match in Chapter 40?
(a) He wants to show Xiayue the match.
(b) He hopes to find Rafaela.
(c) He has to work there.
(d) He believes Sol will be there.
15. At the end of Chapter 25, why does Gabriel decide to go to Mexico?
(a) He doesn't decide to go to Mexico.
(b) Only to check on Rafaela.
(c) For work and to check on Rafaela.
(d) Only to take care of work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, why doesn't Gabriel go to Mexico when Rafaela calls him?
2. In Chapter 23, how long does Arcangel agree to work for Rodriguez?
3. What does the name "Corazon" translate to?
4. Why does Gabriel think Emi's parents hide her grandparents from her?
5. In Chapter 24, what does Rafaela say made her start acting weird?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)