|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, how does Gabriel receive a list of all the people in Mazatlan who have gone missing?
(a) Emi faxes him the list.
(b) He finds a list in his mailbox.
(c) He finds a stack of papers under Gabriel's couch.
(d) A stranger hands him a stack of computer disks.
2. Why does Gabriel call Bobby in Chapter 26?
(a) To verify a source.
(b) To talk about Rafaela.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To conduct an interview.
3. How old does Arcangel say he is to the United States Customs officials?
(a) He refuses to say.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Five-hundred years old.
(d) Fifty years old.
4. When Gabriel is in Mexico in Chapter 32, how does he know where to go?
(a) Rafaela left him detailed directions.
(b) Emi sends him updates with new directions.
(c) He receives directions from a stranger.
(d) He doesn't know where to go; he just wanders.
5. How does the man in the black Jaguar end up being able to capture Rafaela?
(a) Because she gets too close trying to save Sol.
(b) Because Arcangel hands her over to him.
(c) Because she falls asleep on the bus.
(d) Because she gives herself over to him.
6. While in Mazatlan in Chapter 32, why does Gabriel need to find a telephone line?
(a) To connect his computer to it.
(b) To see if his own phone line still works.
(c) To install a public pay phone for emergencies.
(d) To try to call Emi.
7. What does Emi do when she realizes she is dying?
(a) She tells Buzzworm where all her files are.
(b) She writes a note to Gabriel.
(c) She tries to make jokes.
(d) She wants to call into work.
8. In Chapter 37, why are so many people in Los Angeles walking?
(a) Because there is a parade.
(b) Because of car thefts.
(c) Because they are boycotting cars.
(d) Because of the traffic jam.
9. Why does Gabriel send faxes to the paper in Chapter 43?
(a) To advertise the wrestling match.
(b) To give them his notes.
(c) To warn them about Dona Maria's son.
(d) To help Bobby.
10. In Chapter 23, why does Rodriguez hire Arcangel?
(a) To build a wall.
(b) To transport goods.
(c) To dig a ditch.
(d) To organize papers.
11. Why does Bobby leave for the wrestling match in Chapter 40?
(a) He wants to show Xiayue the match.
(b) He has to work there.
(c) He believes Sol will be there.
(d) He hopes to find Rafaela.
12. In Chapter 31, who does Buzzworm tell Emi will likely attack?
(a) The homeless.
(b) The police.
(c) He will.
(d) The news crews.
13. How does Bobby react when he sees Rafaela in Chapter 45?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He cries.
(c) He sighs.
(d) He laughs.
14. In Chapter 44, why are helicopters flying over the freeway?
(a) To rescue the trapped people.
(b) To record the news.
(c) To shoot at the vehicles.
(d) To put out fires.
15. Why does Gabriel think Emi's parents hide her grandparents from her?
(a) They were embarrased.
(b) They didn't hide her grandparents from her.
(c) They didn't know who her grandparents were.
(d) They were in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 40, how does Bobby answer Xiayue's questions about America?
2. Why is Gabriel unable to track the smuggled oranges?
3. In Chapter 24, what does Rafaela say made her start acting weird?
4. How does Buzzworm feel when he learns that someone has injected oranges with cocaine?
5. In Chapter 25, how does Gabriel describe Emi's opinion of the recent events in Los Angeles?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)