|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, where do Emi and Gabriel meet?
(a) A mall food court.
(b) An Italian coffee house.
(c) A French restaurant.
(d) A sushi restaurant.
2. How many men are in the sports car during the accident in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 12, why is Bobby told to go to Mexico?
(a) To reconcile with Rafaela.
(b) To reclaim his property.
(c) To meet his long lost brother.
(d) To help a cousin.
4. Where does Arcangel say he is from?
(b) South America.
5. When does Gabriel call Buzzworm in Chapter 6?
(a) Before he goes to bed.
(b) After leaving work.
(c) After talking with Emi on the phone.
(d) Before submitting a story for review.
6. What happens when people begin to abandon their cars in Chapter 17?
(a) Rioters smash the cars' windows.
(b) The police arrest them.
(c) Homeless people take over their cars.
(d) They are shot at.
7. What does Dona Maria say Hernando does for a living?
(a) Works as a nurse.
(b) Imports and exports oranges.
(c) Sells fruit in the market.
(d) Builds cars.
8. Why does Bobby meet with traffickers in Chapter 15?
(a) To find more work.
(b) To get his immigration papers.
(c) To try to find his wife.
(d) To bring his cousin to the United States.
9. Where does Emi take Gabriel in Chapter 9?
(a) A bridge.
(b) The library.
(c) The airport.
(d) A hospital.
10. Why does Gabriel say he bought the property near Mazatlan, Mexico?
(a) Because it was cheap.
(b) Because it lines up with a river.
(c) Because the Tropic of Cancer runs through it.
(d) Because it is near Rafaela.
11. Why does Arcangel have a difficult time in the restaurant in Chapter 21?
(a) He has to convince the chef to cook something for him.
(b) He has to find enough money to pay his bill.
(c) He is seated too close to the door and is nervous.
(d) He finds the chairs to be uncomfortable.
12. In Chapter 2, what does Rafaela want Bobby to do before she returns home?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Register to vote.
(c) Find a new job.
(d) Buy a new house.
13. Where is Rafaela's father from?
(b) South America.
(c) The United States.
14. How does Buzzworm describe Los Angeles when he looks at a map of the city in Chapter 13?
(a) As being a beautiful plan gone wrong.
(b) As being divided into territories.
(c) As being too large of a city.
(d) As being a mesh of conflicting lines.
15. In Chapter 1, what advice does Rafaela give Gabriel about his house in Mexico?
(a) The he should put a fence around it.
(b) That he should rent it out as a vacation home.
(c) That he should buy things for it in the United States.
(d) That he should landscape before he moves in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Bobby think of Rafaela's brother in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Buzzworm wear several watches?
3. Why is the television on as Emi and Gabriel eat in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Gabriel say has been wrong for a few days?
5. In Chapter 10, what upsets Rodriguez about the eggs?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)