|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bobby get his passport from in order to move to the United Stated?
(a) A lawyer in Japan.
(b) A man on the street.
(c) A refugee camp.
(d) A church.
2. How did Rafaela's brother gain entrance to the United States?
(a) He was born in the United States.
(b) He entered illegally by bribing the customs official.
(c) He entered legally as a student.
(d) He entered illegally without anyone's help.
3. What does Dona Maria say Hernando does for a living?
(a) Works as a nurse.
(b) Imports and exports oranges.
(c) Sells fruit in the market.
(d) Builds cars.
4. Why does Manzanar finally accept being interviewed by Gabriel?
(a) Because Buzzworm sits with them.
(b) Because he learns to trust Gabriel.
(c) Because Emi sits with them.
(d) Because he thinks he will be paid.
5. In Chapter 2, what does a man try to steal from Bobby?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His truck.
(c) His gun.
(d) His watch.
6. In Chapter 21, why do people recognize Archangel's costume?
(a) Because it appeared in the newspaper that day.
(b) Because it belonged to a famous person.
(c) Because it was shown as being stolen.
(d) No one can recognize his costume.
7. Where does Emi take Gabriel in Chapter 9?
(a) The library.
(b) A hospital.
(c) The airport.
(d) A bridge.
8. In Chapter 21, where does Arcangel go after eating at the restaurant?
(a) A cockfight.
(b) A movie.
(d) City hall.
9. In Chapter 2, what does Rafaela want Bobby to do before she returns home?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Register to vote.
(d) Buy a new house.
10. What business does Bobby run?
(a) A car repair business.
(b) A mail sorting business.
(c) A lunch delivery business.
(d) A janitorial business.
11. In Chapter 13, what does Buzzworm say the first step is to improving neighborhoods?
(a) Having people take pride in their neighborhoods.
(b) Hiring more police officers to patrol neighborhoods.
(c) Buzzworm isn't sure about the steps to his plan.
(d) Helping people earn more money.
12. In Chapter 9, why is Gabriel having a difficult time following Buzzworm's lead on the news story about the homeless man?
(a) Because Buzzworm lied about the lead.
(b) Because of a major accident on the highway.
(c) Because his car broke down.
(d) Because of the homeless man refusing to speak.
13. In Chapter 9, what does Gabriel say has been wrong for a few days?
(a) The angle of the sun.
(b) The way he has been sleeping.
(c) The movement of the moon.
(d) The weather.
14. In Chapter 17, what happens on the freeway near the accident site?
(a) Emi's car is stolen.
(b) A semi truck gets into an accident.
(c) A fire breaks out.
(d) A police man is shot.
15. Why does Gabriel say he bought the property near Mazatlan, Mexico?
(a) Because it was cheap.
(b) Because it is near Rafaela.
(c) Because the Tropic of Cancer runs through it.
(d) Because it lines up with a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Emi describe cultural diversity in Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Arcangel predict?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Buzzworm say killed a homeless transvestite?
4. How does Rafaela Cortez start each morning?
5. Why does Buzzworm hand out business cards on the street?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)