|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gabriel think Manzanar was not born in a World War II camp?
(a) Gabriel does believe Manzanar was born in the camp.
(b) Because Manzanar looks too young.
(c) Because Manzanar looks too old.
(d) Because Manzanar knows nothing about Europe.
2. What does Rafaela ask Rodriguez about crabs in Chapter 10?
(a) If they are missing.
(b) If they are a sign.
(c) If they are strange.
(d) If they taste good.
3. What does Buzzworm try to buy from the market in Chapter 13?
(c) Road maps.
4. In Chapter 21, what costume does Arcangel wear?
(a) A waiter's costume.
(b) A wrestler's costume.
(c) A woman's dress.
(d) A warrior's costume.
5. What does Gabriel check at the airport in Chapter 14?
(a) Available tickets.
(b) Prices of tickets.
(c) Flight times.
(d) For missing luggage.
6. What does Manzanar realize when he sees the second fire break out?
(a) That it is less serious than the first fire.
(b) That it will reach the city quickly.
(c) That it was arson.
(d) That it will destroy the homeless camps.
7. How many men are in the sports car during the accident in Chapter 8?
8. Why does Gabriel say he bought the property near Mazatlan, Mexico?
(a) Because it was cheap.
(b) Because the Tropic of Cancer runs through it.
(c) Because it lines up with a river.
(d) Because it is near Rafaela.
9. What do the people in Chapter 7 think Arcangel is?
(a) A retired banker.
(b) A con man.
(c) A woman.
(d) A street performer.
10. In Chapter 10, how does Dona Maria talk about Gabriel to Rafaela?
(a) She refuses to talk about him.
(b) As if they are good friends.
(c) In a mother-like way.
(d) Like she dislikes him.
11. Why does Buzzworm hand out business cards on the street?
(a) He is trying to meet his future wife.
(b) He considers it to be part of his job.
(c) He is paid by a lawyer to do it.
(d) He doesn't hand out business cards; he collects them.
12. What is the first job Gabriel held at the news station?
(b) Camera operator.
(d) Field reporter.
13. Why does Emi leave Gabriel during their lunch in Chapter 3?
(a) Because he yelled at her.
(b) Because she gets a call from work.
(c) Because she is no longer interested in him.
(d) Because she feels ill.
14. In Chapter 15, why is the 12 year old girl left be herself in Mexico?
(a) No one knows why she is alone.
(b) She ran away from home.
(c) Her brother abandoned her.
(d) Her family was killed.
15. In Chapter 6, what does Buzzworm say killed a homeless transvestite?
(a) A flash flood.
(b) A mysterious disease.
(c) A wild fire.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the television on as Emi and Gabriel eat in Chapter 20?
2. What happens when people begin to abandon their cars in Chapter 17?
3. In Chapter 4, who does Buzzworm find food for?
4. How do other homeless men feel about Manzanar Mukakami?
5. In Chapter 19, why does Manzanar watch the fire?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)