1. How does Rafaela Cortez start each morning?
By sweeping the house.
2. Why does Gabriel say he bought the property near Mazatlan, Mexico?
Because the Tropic of Cancer runs through it.
3. In Chapter 1, what advice does Rafaela give Gabriel about his house in Mexico?
That he should buy things for it in the United States.
4. Why does Dona Maria say Sol is a beautiful child?
Because of his mixed heritage.
5. Where is Rafaela's father from?
This section contains 5,151 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)