|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sunday: Chapters 46 through 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gabriel think Manzanar was not born in a World War II camp?
(a) Because Manzanar looks too old.
(b) Because Manzanar knows nothing about Europe.
(c) Gabriel does believe Manzanar was born in the camp.
(d) Because Manzanar looks too young.
2. How old does Emi say she was when Manzanar disappeared from her life?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Nineteen years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
3. After Rafaela mails the cooler and calls Gabriel, what does Gabriel worry most about?
(a) Rafaela's political involvement.
(b) The safety of his property in Mexico.
(c) Rafaela's connection to drug smuggling.
(d) The use of his oranges in Mexico.
4. In Chapter 20, where do Emi and Gabriel meet?
(a) An Italian coffee house.
(b) A sushi restaurant.
(c) A mall food court.
(d) A French restaurant.
5. In Chapter 24, what does Rafaela say made her start acting weird?
(a) The missing orange.
(b) Dona Maria's cooler.
(c) Bobby's letter.
(d) Sol's energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, who claims that the 12 year old girl is related to Bobby?
2. What does Rafaela tell Bobby to do with the orange in Chapter 49?
3. What amazes Rodriguez about Arcangel when they work together in Chapter 23?
4. In Chapter 19, why does Manzanar watch the fire?
5. In Chapter 1, what advice does Rafaela give Gabriel about his house in Mexico?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)