|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday: Chapters 29 through 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While riding the bus in Chapter 30, what does Rafaela note as being strange?
(a) The people all seem familiar.
(b) She can't find her wallet.
(c) The scenery does not change.
(d) She is no longer afraid.
2. In Chapter 19, why does Manzanar watch the fire?
(a) Because he has no possessions to save.
(b) Because he wants to help people escape it.
(c) Because he wants to tell officials about the development.
(d) He doesn't watch the fire.
3. Why does Gabriel become angry with Emi in Chapter 3?
(a) Because she has another boyfriend.
(b) Because she leaves early.
(c) Because she teases him.
(d) Because she disagrees with his politics.
4. What does Manzanar realize when he sees the second fire break out?
(a) That it is less serious than the first fire.
(b) That it was arson.
(c) That it will destroy the homeless camps.
(d) That it will reach the city quickly.
5. How does Emi describe cultural diversity in Chapter 20?
(a) As being the future.
(b) As being powerful.
(c) As being nonsense.
(d) As being dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Emi leave Gabriel during their lunch in Chapter 3?
2. What do the people in Chapter 7 think Arcangel is?
3. What makes Bobby think of Rafaela's brother in Chapter 12?
4. In Chapter 21, why do people recognize Archangel's costume?
5. In Chapter 3, why does Gabriel say the sun is directly over his house?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)