|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday: Chapters 29 through 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the television on as Emi and Gabriel eat in Chapter 20?
(a) Because Emi insists they put on the news.
(b) To show the local weather.
(c) To provide coverage of the fire.
(d) Because it is always on.
2. What makes Bobby think of Rafaela's brother in Chapter 12?
(a) When he gets a call from Rafaela's sister.
(b) When he watches crime reports on the news.
(c) When he thinks of Rafaela.
(d) When he goes to the bank.
3. In Chapter 6, what does Gabriel realize is wrong with his house in Mexico?
(a) He probably can't afford it.
(b) He can't speak Spanish.
(c) No one from Los Angeles will want to visit.
(d) It's on a flood plain.
4. Why does Gabriel leave work in Chapter 6?
(a) To go to Mexico.
(b) To bring food to Emi.
(c) To find Manzanar.
(d) To visit with Buzzworm.
5. How does Buzzworm react to Margarita's death?
(a) He ignores it.
(b) He is suspicious of it.
(c) He is devistated by it.
(d) He doesn't believe she is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What box does Rafaela empty at Gabriel's house in Chapter 24?
2. What happens after Emi learns she must film her news in order to accommodate returning commercial breaks?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Arcangel predict?
4. In Chapter 25, who keeps Gabriel informed about the developments among the homeless population on the freeway?
5. When does Gabriel call Buzzworm in Chapter 6?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)