|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday: Chapters 29 through 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bobby meet with traffickers in Chapter 15?
(a) To get his immigration papers.
(b) To try to find his wife.
(c) To find more work.
(d) To bring his cousin to the United States.
2. Why does Gabriel leave work in Chapter 6?
(a) To go to Mexico.
(b) To find Manzanar.
(c) To visit with Buzzworm.
(d) To bring food to Emi.
3. What does Rafaela ask Rodriguez about crabs in Chapter 10?
(a) If they are a sign.
(b) If they are strange.
(c) If they are missing.
(d) If they taste good.
4. Why does Buzzworm hand out business cards on the street?
(a) He doesn't hand out business cards; he collects them.
(b) He considers it to be part of his job.
(c) He is trying to meet his future wife.
(d) He is paid by a lawyer to do it.
5. In Chapter 3, why does Gabriel say the sun is directly over his house?
(a) Because he met Emi.
(b) Because it is the summer solstice.
(c) Because it is the autumnal solstice.
(d) Because he is happy with his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does Bobby describe his disagreements with Rafaela?
2. What does Emi do when the woman near her tries to start an argument about cultural diversity in Chapter 20?
3. How did Rafaela's brother gain entrance to the United States?
4. Why does Gabriel say he bought the property near Mazatlan, Mexico?
5. When Bobby recounts how he met Rafaela in Chapter 12, why does he say he visited her every weekend after meeting her?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)