|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday: Chapters 19 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rafaela go to the hotel in Chapter 10?
(a) To have lunch.
(b) To meet with Gabriel.
(c) To pick up a package.
(d) To apply for a job.
2. How does Rafaela Cortez start each morning?
(a) By sweeping the house.
(b) By doing loads of laundry.
(c) By waking up her children.
(d) By drinking a cup of coffee.
3. What does Manzanar realize when he sees the second fire break out?
(a) That it was arson.
(b) That it is less serious than the first fire.
(c) That it will destroy the homeless camps.
(d) That it will reach the city quickly.
4. What do the people in Chapter 7 think Arcangel is?
(a) A street performer.
(b) A woman.
(c) A retired banker.
(d) A con man.
5. What does Emi do when the woman near her tries to start an argument about cultural diversity in Chapter 20?
(a) Emi throws a drink on her.
(b) Emi walks away.
(c) Emi points out the fallacies in the woman's argument.
(d) Emi insults the woman personally.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why doesn't Gabriel tease the editor he is testing?
2. Why does Gabriel think Manzanar was not born in a World War II camp?
3. How do other homeless men feel about Manzanar Mukakami?
4. Why is the television on as Emi and Gabriel eat in Chapter 20?
5. How does Manzanar say he quit his job at the hospital?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)