Monday: Chapters 1 and 2
1. How does Rafaela Cortez start each morning?
(a) By doing loads of laundry.
(b) By waking up her children.
(c) By drinking a cup of coffee.
(d) By sweeping the house.
2. Why does Gabriel say he bought the property near Mazatlan, Mexico?
(a) Because it was cheap.
(b) Because the Tropic of Cancer runs through it.
(c) Because it is near Rafaela.
(d) Because it lines up with a river.
3. In Chapter 1, what advice does Rafaela give Gabriel about his house in Mexico?
(a) That he should buy things for it in the United States.
(b) The he should put a fence around it.
(c) That he should rent it out as a vacation home.
(d) That he should landscape before he moves in.
4. Why does Dona Maria say Sol is a beautiful child?
(a) Because of his mixed heritage.
(b) Because of his knowlege of two languages.
(c) Because of his kindness.
(d) Because of his blonde hair.
5. Where is Rafaela's father from?
(b) South America.
(c) The United States.
This section contains 5,151 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)