|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry see as the only faults of Swift's mistress and model?
2. What does Henry have to learn to do in his new job?
3. Who gives Henry the money he has upon returning from Le Havre?
4. How does Henry see what he calls the inhuman race of artists?
5. What does Henry suggest is the task of the artist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the young Hindu cleric and the escapade in the Eglise Ste.-Clotilde, write a paper expressing how you see Miller's opinion of religion. Do you notice any inconsistency in how Miller treats religion?
Essay Topic 2
Miller correctly identifies many people's obsession with royalty in Chapter 12 when he writes about Macha, the presumed Russian princess. Write a paper expressing your opinion about how you see the status of royalty today. You might want to include a reference to the late Princess Diana of England in your comments.
Essay Topic 3
Henry discovers Papini and is impressed with his writing. Do some research on Papini and explain what it is about him that Miller so admired. Be sure to mention the slight difference in what Papini said about the artist needing to be alone and what Henry says about the same subject.
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)