|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
(a) The room where Strindberg once lived
(b) The bust of Homer
(c) The lavatories with the gold fixtures
(d) The fabled murals by Picasso
2. Why does Henry enjoy the company of the photographer?
(a) Because he is less intelligent than Henry
(b) Because he always has money
(c) Because of his thorough knowledge of Paris
(d) Because he enjoys posing for him
3. How is Henry surprised by the blonde woman's action in bed?
(a) He fears that she is going to substitute her mother in the bed.
(b) He is startled when she reaches up and turns out the lights.
(c) He cannot believe how accomplished she is.
(d) He is amazed that she refuses to remove her kimono.
4. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
(a) He thinks that maybe he sould join the French Foriegn Legion.
(b) He thinks they are quite entertaining.
(c) He thinks that it makes him feel safe to be in France.
(d) He thinks they are depressing and utterly ridiculous.
5. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
(b) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
(c) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(d) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
2. What happens to Henry under the pressure of his job?
3. What historical information does the photographer give to Henry?
4. For whom does Henry do some ghost writing?
5. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)