|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
(a) Ives, a French surrealist painter
(b) Fillmore, an American attache
(c) Peckover, a proofreader
(d) Ivan, a Russian furrier
2. How does the English woman react when Henry suggests going to a hotel?
(a) She tells him she is not that sort of girl.
(b) She slaps his face.
(c) She turns and runs away.
(d) She charges an outlandish price.
3. What is Henry's view of his world?
(a) It is getting smaller and smaller.
(b) It is coming back to life.
(c) It is dying of cancer.
(d) It is dying of cancer.
4. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) A place to write
(b) The promise of a meal now and then
(c) A few hundred francs
(d) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
5. For whom does Henry do some ghost writing?
(a) A Russian art dealer
(b) A german he met through Elsa
(c) The owner of the Dome
(d) A Jewish fur merchant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
2. Why is Henry going to Dijon?
3. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
4. What effect does Henry think the homeless beggars have on society?
5. What does Henry do after Fillmore leaves for work in the mornings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it that Henry does not want to go to Russia with Tania?
2. How do both Fillmore and Henry appear to be gullible?
3. Why does Kruger evict Henry from his studio?
4. Where has Tania been and what does she want from Henry?
5. Does Henry see everything that flows in the same way it was seen by Milton?
6. What does Henry think about the English girl who stops him in the rain to ask for the time?
7. What is the unfortunate condition at the University during the winter?
8. What is it about Van Norden that puzzles Henry?
9. When the blonde woman stays away too long and leaves Henry alone in her room, what does he do?
10. How does Henry feel going to his room in the dark dormitory late at night?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)