|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Henry and Fillmore stumble in to get out of the cold?
(a) The Dome
(b) A wax museum
(c) The Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(d) The train station
2. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
(a) Peckover is transferred to Dijon and may take Henry with him.
(b) Peckover is getting a riase and will be able to help Henry.
(c) Peckover is fired and Henry may get the job.
(d) Peckover died and Henry may be mentioned in his will.
3. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
(a) He was there only last night.
(b) He is tired of going to the Dome.
(c) He does not like the decor.
(d) He owes too much money there.
4. How does the English woman react when Henry suggests going to a hotel?
(a) She tells him she is not that sort of girl.
(b) She charges an outlandish price.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She turns and runs away.
5. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
(a) All the rich Englishwomen there
(b) A young virgin coming in as he is going out
(c) The revolving door
(d) Seeing a prostitute he had once pointed out ot Henry
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henry and Fillmore do when the priest chases them outside?
2. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
3. What are they looking for in the church when the priest stops them?
4. How does Henry make the decision to go to the blonde woman's apartment?
5. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Henry see everything that flows in the same way it was seen by Milton?
2. Explain how Henry is helped from Kruger's studio.
3. How does Henry feel going to his room in the dark dormitory late at night?
4. Why is Fillmore so late in inviting Henry to move in with him?
5. What makes Henry think about the high born women of Paris?
6. Describe the nature of the job Henry accepts in Dijon.
7. Where has Tania been and what does she want from Henry?
8. When the blonde woman stays away too long and leaves Henry alone in her room, what does he do?
9. Give a brief description of Van Norden.
10. Explain how Henry compares Paris to a whore.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)