|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work is Henry doing that is not very creative?
(a) Making ad layouts
(b) Book binding
(d) Writing jingles
2. What effect does Henry think the homeless beggars have on society?
(a) They make us bleed for five minutes, that is all.
(b) They make us change the world.
(c) They make us count our blessings.
(d) They frighten us in the dark.
3. What does Henry do for a photographer?
(a) He finds whores for him to photograph.
(b) He learns to work in his darkroom.
(c) He poses for pornographic pictures for a German collector.
(d) He writes captions for his photographs.
4. What does Henry think of when he is nursing old wounds on his way to Dijon?
(a) The death of Mona in America
(b) Things he might have said
(c) Friends who let him down
(d) All the mistakes he has made
5. How does Henry make the decision to go to the blonde woman's apartment?
(a) He thinks that at her place he might suggest moving in with her.
(b) He thinks it will cheer her up if he goes to her place.
(c) He thinks it will be cheaper than paying for a hotel room.
(d) He believes she will not sleep with him in a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
2. Why does Henry enjoy the company of the photographer?
3. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
4. What is Van Norden's objection to French girls?
5. What does Henry say he knows about in the same way he knows about slaughterhouses and morgues?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)