|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
(a) Macha give the clap to both Fillmore and Henry.
(b) They all come down with influenza.
(c) Macha falls and breaks her arm, Fillmore cartches cold, and Henry has the measles.
(d) Fillmore has bronchitis, Macha has the clap, and Henry has piles.
2. What does Henry say is the worst writing job he undertook?
(a) A thesis for a deaf and dumb psychologist
(b) Jingles for newspaper ads
(c) Children's stories about a mouse
(d) Instruction for assembling kitchen gadgets
3. How long does it take before Irene agrees to meet Carl in her hotel?
(a) About six months
(b) Only a few weeks
(c) Over a year
(d) The end of the year
4. After losing his job, what do Carl and Van Norden keep asking Henry?
(a) What will you do it your wife returns to Paris?
(b) Why don't you go back to America?
(c) Where are you going to find another job?
(d) Who will take you in since you've been through all your friends?
5. Who gives Henry the money he has upon returning from Le Havre?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
2. What does Henry believe must go along with ideas?
3. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
4. What does Henry say Van Norden tracks down like a sleuth?
5. Why is Henry writing letters to Irene?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)