Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After losing his job, what do Carl and Van Norden keep asking Henry?
(a) Who will take you in since you've been through all your friends?
(b) Why don't you go back to America?
(c) What will you do it your wife returns to Paris?
(d) Where are you going to find another job?
2. How does the blond woman react to Henry's offer of fifty francs?
(a) She accepts it with gratitude.
(b) She is insulted and Henry fears she might make a scene.
(c) She screams out that he is a miser.
(d) She laughs in his face and makes him ashamed.
3. How do Henry and Fillmore become conspicuous in the church?
(a) Having a coughing fit
(b) Laughing out loud
(c) Not knowing what to do with Holy Water
(d) Walking around and making callous remarks
4. How does the English woman react when Henry suggests going to a hotel?
(a) She charges an outlandish price.
(b) She tells him she is not that sort of girl.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She turns and runs away.
5. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
(a) He thinks she may know a princess for Henry.
(b) He expects her to fall in love with him.
(c) He believes she will make him a duke.
(d) He is impressed with her title.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Henry gone in to see a Rabbi?
2. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
3. What does Henry have to learn to do in his new job?
4. What is his idea about his book?
5. Who gives Henry the money he has upon returning from Le Havre?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)