|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally gets the Russian princess out of Fillmore's apartment?
(a) The cold makes Macha leave.
(b) Macha gets her inheritance.
(c) The police come for Macha.
(d) Macha is hospitalized.
2. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
(a) Because Brosi lived himso much
(b) Because he was close to tania
(c) For food and pin money
(d) For Brois's connections
3. How is Henry surprised by the blonde woman's action in bed?
(a) He is amazed that she refuses to remove her kimono.
(b) He cannot believe how accomplished she is.
(c) He fears that she is going to substitute her mother in the bed.
(d) He is startled when she reaches up and turns out the lights.
4. Who does Henry think is the one lone literary figure America has produced?
5. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
(a) He thinks the woman is holding out for more money.
(b) He fears that some kind of scam is being pulled on him.
(c) He decides to leave and never come back.
(d) He feels that he is in some kind of drama that will be in the morning papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
2. What happens to Henry under the pressure of his job?
3. What is Henry's behavior just before he leaves the blonde woman's room?
4. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
5. What does Henry do for a photographer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry see flow of the word about him?
2. What is it about Boris that Henry can never quite understand?
3. Give a brief description of Van Norden.
4. When the blonde woman stays away too long and leaves Henry alone in her room, what does he do?
5. Describe the idea Henry and Carl get from Van Norden.
6. What is it about Van Norden that puzzles Henry?
7. Where has Tania been and what does she want from Henry?
8. Does Henry see everything that flows in the same way it was seen by Milton?
9. How does Henry feel going to his room in the dark dormitory late at night?
10. Describe Henry's feelings when he has placed himself on a budget.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)