|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
(a) Macha gets drunk and agrees to go to bed with Fillmore.
(b) Macha confesses that she is not a real princess.
(c) Macha goes to make a phone call and never returns.
(d) Macha refuses to leave with Fillmore.
2. What effect does Henry think the homeless beggars have on society?
(a) They make us bleed for five minutes, that is all.
(b) They make us change the world.
(c) They frighten us in the dark.
(d) They make us count our blessings.
3. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
(a) He owes too much money there.
(b) He was there only last night.
(c) He does not like the decor.
(d) He is tired of going to the Dome.
4. What kind of work is Henry doing that is not very creative?
(a) Writing jingles
(c) Book binding
(d) Making ad layouts
5. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
(a) He is trying to save his own money.
(b) Nanantatee kicks him out.
(c) He gets fired from his job.
(d) He doesn't make enough money on his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Henry always tolerated Boris?
2. What is Henry's behavior just before he leaves the blonde woman's room?
3. What does Henry think will happen to the world if someone really writes his true thoughts and experiences?
4. What do Henry and Fillmore do when the priest chases them outside?
5. How does the blond woman react to Henry's offer of fifty francs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Henry see everything that flows in the same way it was seen by Milton?
2. Why is it that Henry does not want to go to Russia with Tania?
3. How do both Fillmore and Henry appear to be gullible?
4. When the blonde woman stays away too long and leaves Henry alone in her room, what does he do?
5. What is Fillmore's reason for being so considerate of Henry?
6. What does Henry think about the English girl who stops him in the rain to ask for the time?
7. What is it about Boris that Henry can never quite understand?
8. Describe the nature of the job Henry accepts in Dijon.
9. Describe the idea Henry and Carl get from Van Norden.
10. Give a brief description of Van Norden.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)