|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
(a) His style of dressing
(b) His singing
(c) His looking for free meals
(d) His vocabulary
2. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
(a) He expects her to fall in love with him.
(b) He is impressed with her title.
(c) He thinks she may know a princess for Henry.
(d) He believes she will make him a duke.
3. What does Henry have to learn to do in his new job?
(a) Write obituaries
(b) Make coffee
(c) Kiss the boss' ass
(d) Operate a printing press
4. What does Mona never understand about Henry?
(a) His attraction for Paris
(b) His gutter vocabulary
(c) His philandering ways
(d) His need to write
5. Where do Henry and Tania go that he has never been before?
(a) The sight seeing trips down the Seine
(b) The expensive department stores of Paris
(c) The Louvre
(d) The swell bars around the Champs-Elysee
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry suggest is the task of the artist?
2. How do Henry and Fillmore become conspicuous in the church?
3. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
4. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
5. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the idea Henry and Carl get from Van Norden.
2. Why is Fillmore so late in inviting Henry to move in with him?
3. What is the one thing that makes Van Norden's dump of a hotel acceptable?
4. How does Henry feel going to his room in the dark dormitory late at night?
5. What is it about Van Norden that puzzles Henry?
6. What is the story that Collins tells Henry to lift his spirits?
7. Why is it that Henry does not want to go to Russia with Tania?
8. Describe the scene when Yvette comes in drunk and half naked to Jimmie's bar.
9. Does Henry see everything that flows in the same way it was seen by Milton?
10. Why does Kruger evict Henry from his studio?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)