|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the English woman react when Henry suggests going to a hotel?
(a) She tells him she is not that sort of girl.
(b) She charges an outlandish price.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She turns and runs away.
2. What kind of work is Henry doing that is not very creative?
(a) Making ad layouts
(c) Book binding
(d) Writing jingles
3. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
(a) He decides to leave and never come back.
(b) He feels that he is in some kind of drama that will be in the morning papers.
(c) He fears that some kind of scam is being pulled on him.
(d) He thinks the woman is holding out for more money.
4. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
(a) He does not like the decor.
(b) He was there only last night.
(c) He is tired of going to the Dome.
(d) He owes too much money there.
5. What is his idea about his book?
(a) To imitate the best sellers of his day
(b) To present a resurrection of emotions
(c) To give it up because his ideas are too radical
(d) To write only what the public wants to read
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
2. What are they looking for in the church when the priest stops them?
3. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
4. What does the priest do with them?
5. Where do Henry and Fillmore stumble in to get out of the cold?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)