|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(a) Each one writing every other chapter
(b) In French and German
(d) Dictating to a secretary
2. How does Henry picture Serge's lazy slut of a wife?
(a) As a fat American lying on the sofa eating bon bons.
(b) As an emaciated American woman with no ambition.
(c) As an intelligent, hard working American woman.
(d) As a would-be writer with no talent.
3. How does Nanantatee irritate Henry?
(a) He tries to convert Henry to Hinduism.
(b) He insists on calling him Endree.
(c) He cleans his apartment all the time.
(d) He does not offer wine to Henry when he drinks.
4. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(a) New York City
(c) San Francisco
5. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
(a) Moldorf, the dwarf
(b) Boris, another writer
(c) Mona, his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
2. How does Germaine look to Henry in the clear light of day?
3. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
4. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
5. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry get away from Serge?
2. What does Serge promise in lieu of a big Russian meal each day?
3. How does Henry define health that he equates with optimism?
4. How does Henry describe Moldorf?
5. Why does Henry leave the apartment when Boris sits down to eat?
6. How does Henry use sarcasm in describing Nanantatee's lavish apartment?
7. Describe Henry's friends in Paris.
8. What is the scene at the beginning of the novel and how does it set up the condition Henry is in while in Paris?
9. What does Henry know about Walter Pach?
10. What does Elsa say bout the Englishman upstairs playing Bach?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)