|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
(a) She has many lovers.
(b) She has two large brothers.
(c) She weighs over 180 pounds.
(d) She has all the money.
2. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In bed
(b) In the hotel lobby
(c) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(d) In the Dome
3. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like divine music
(b) Like an out of tune organ
(c) Like wind howling through the trees
(d) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
4. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
(a) It was not his ideas they wanted; it was his corpse.
(b) He was once what modorf is now.
(c) He was sabotaged by his own lusts.
(d) It was not his military genious; it was his short stature.
5. What does Henry buy with the money he takes from Peckover?
(a) An American breakfast
(b) A dozen eggs
(c) A cheap bottle of wine
(d) Coffee and a croissant
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
2. What is Henry's paranoia at Sylvester's house?
3. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
4. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
5. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry like eating with the Cronstadts the best?
2. How does Henry see the American women at the Cafe de la Paix or the Ritz Bar?
3. Describe Henry's friends in Paris.
4. What does Henry know about Walter Pach?
5. How does Henry describe the book on which he is working?
6. Why is Henry so generous with his praise of the prostitute Germaine?
7. How does Henry get away from Serge?
8. How does Henry describe Moldorf?
9. What are Henry's evenings with Carl like?
10. What is Henry's bright idea to get at least one free meal a day?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)