|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lucky find does Henry make in the cafe?
(a) A wallet filled with francs
(b) A woman who loves to support artists
(c) A book by Papini
(d) A ticket to a concert
2. What does Henry imagine is the value of the ring he tries to pawn?
(a) Thirty centimes
(b) Fifty francs
(c) A dollar and a half
(d) A pound and six pence
3. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) A pearl merchant
(b) A newspaper publisher
(c) An art critic
(d) A Hindu mystic
4. How does Henry say he knows Nanantatee?
(a) They met on the ship coming from America.
(b) They met at the Dome.
(c) Boris introduced them.
(d) They met in New York.
5. What is the title that Henry wishes he had thought of?
(a) A Man Cut in Slices
(b) The Red Shoes
(c) The Sun Also Rises
(d) Man and Superman
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
2. What is Henry thinking about as he walks along the Champs-Elysee?
3. What is ironic about Henry's getting money from Peckover?
4. Having gone all day without anything to eat, what enters Henry's mind?
5. What does Henry say about Napoleon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Henry hoped for when he met Serge?
2. Why does Kruger evict Henry from his studio?
3. In relating his experience with the young Hindu, what is Henry expressing about his own beliefs?
4. Describe the nature of the job Henry accepts in Dijon.
5. Why does Henry go so often to the American Express office?
6. Describe Henry's feelings when he has placed himself on a budget.
7. In an attempt to get money, what is Henry unable to do?
8. Why does Henry leave the apartment when Boris sits down to eat?
9. What are Henry's evenings with Carl like?
10. Give a brief description of Van Norden.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)