Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After losing his job, what do Carl and Van Norden keep asking Henry?
(a) Who will take you in since you've been through all your friends?
(b) Why don't you go back to America?
(c) What will you do it your wife returns to Paris?
(d) Where are you going to find another job?
2. How does the blond woman react to Henry's offer of fifty francs?
(a) She accepts it with gratitude.
(b) She is insulted and Henry fears she might make a scene.
(c) She screams out that he is a miser.
(d) She laughs in his face and makes him ashamed.
3. How do Henry and Fillmore become conspicuous in the church?
(a) Having a coughing fit
(b) Laughing out loud
(c) Not knowing what to do with Holy Water
(d) Walking around and making callous remarks
4. How does the English woman react when Henry suggests going to a hotel?
(a) She charges an outlandish price.
(b) She tells him she is not that sort of girl.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She turns and runs away.
5. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
(a) He thinks she may know a princess for Henry.
(b) He expects her to fall in love with him.
(c) He believes she will make him a duke.
(d) He is impressed with her title.
6. Why had Henry gone in to see a Rabbi?
(a) He thought the synagogue was a school.
(b) He was looking for a Jewish friend.
(c) He wanted instruction to become a Jew.
(d) He thought Jews would be more generous than Christians.
7. Why does Henry return to hustling meals and lodging?
(a) He is trying to save his own money.
(b) He gets fired from his job.
(c) Nanantatee kicks him out.
(d) He doesn't make enough money on his job.
8. What does Henry have to learn to do in his new job?
(a) Write obituaries
(b) Operate a printing press
(c) Kiss the boss' ass
(d) Make coffee
9. What is his idea about his book?
(a) To imitate the best sellers of his day
(b) To give it up because his ideas are too radical
(c) To write only what the public wants to read
(d) To present a resurrection of emotions
10. Who gives Henry the money he has upon returning from Le Havre?
11. What does Henry think of when he is nursing old wounds on his way to Dijon?
(a) All the mistakes he has made
(b) Friends who let him down
(c) The death of Mona in America
(d) Things he might have said
12. What does Mona never understand about Henry?
(a) His attraction for Paris
(b) His gutter vocabulary
(c) His need to write
(d) His philandering ways
13. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
(a) Peckover, a proofreader
(b) Ivan, a Russian furrier
(c) Ives, a French surrealist painter
(d) Fillmore, an American attache
14. What does Van Norden call everyone?
15. What does the priest do with them?
(a) He sits them down and gives them a lecture.
(b) He holds them for the police.
(c) He throws them out into the cold.
(d) He gives them money to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally gets the Russian princess out of Fillmore's apartment?
2. What is the story the blonde woman tells Henry through her tears?
3. What does Henry suggest is the task of the artist?
4. What happens to Henry under the pressure of his job?
5. Why could Henry never show Mona the Paris he loves?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)