|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry is alone with Tania, what does she do?
(a) She chews his ear off about Russia.
(b) She lets Henry see her without makeup.
(c) She agrees to sleep with him.
(d) She talks about divorcing Sylvester and marrying Carl.
2. What do Henry and Fillmore do when the priest chases them outside?
(a) They hide in a dark alley.
(b) They hop on a passing bus.
(c) They run as fast as their legs can carry them.
(d) They throw snowballs at the priest.
3. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
4. What does Macha do immediately when she sees that two men live at Fillmore's place?
(a) She informs them that she is not that kind of woman.
(b) She sizes up which one has the money.
(c) She gets frightened and leaves.
(d) She begins to try and play them against each other.
5. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
(a) Macha falls and breaks her arm, Fillmore cartches cold, and Henry has the measles.
(b) Macha give the clap to both Fillmore and Henry.
(c) Fillmore has bronchitis, Macha has the clap, and Henry has piles.
(d) They all come down with influenza.
6. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
(b) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
(c) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(d) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
7. What does Van Norden call everyone?
8. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
(d) Vinereal diseast
9. What kind of work is Henry doing that is not very creative?
(a) Book binding
(b) Writing jingles
(d) Making ad layouts
10. What does Henry think will happen to the world if someone really writes his true thoughts and experiences?
(a) The world will g on turning.
(b) The world will only sigh and go to sleep.
(c) The world will reawaken.
(d) The world will destruct.
11. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
(a) He thinks that maybe he sould join the French Foriegn Legion.
(b) He thinks they are quite entertaining.
(c) He thinks that it makes him feel safe to be in France.
(d) He thinks they are depressing and utterly ridiculous.
12. What does Mona never understand about Henry?
(a) His philandering ways
(b) His attraction for Paris
(c) His need to write
(d) His gutter vocabulary
13. What does Henry see as the only faults of Swift's mistress and model?
(a) She has lost her shape and her ability to support Mark anymore.
(b) She demands too much of Mark.
(c) She is a bad cook.
(d) She has a great body but a hideously ugly face.
14. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) A book to read
(b) A ten franc note
(c) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
(d) Blank paper and a filled pen
15. What does Henry do for a photographer?
(a) He poses for pornographic pictures for a German collector.
(b) He finds whores for him to photograph.
(c) He learns to work in his darkroom.
(d) He writes captions for his photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry want to see in the Pension Orfila?
2. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
3. Who do Kruger and Swift recommend as a good friend for Henry?
4. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
5. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)