|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the physical ailments of the people in Fillmore's apartment?
(a) Macha give the clap to both Fillmore and Henry.
(b) They all come down with influenza.
(c) Fillmore has bronchitis, Macha has the clap, and Henry has piles.
(d) Macha falls and breaks her arm, Fillmore cartches cold, and Henry has the measles.
2. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
(a) Occasionally Carl comes by with a writing assignment he does not want to do himself.
(b) He sells some of the pornographic pictures he posed for.
(c) He does more nude modeling for Swift.
(d) He pawns things Fillmore would probably not miss.
3. How does Henry see what he calls the inhuman race of artists?
(a) As divine angels of light
(b) As standing on high places and ripping out their entrails
(c) As being able to sieze the unobtainable.
(d) As being stoned to death my the humans
4. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) A ten franc note
(b) A book to read
(c) Blank paper and a filled pen
(d) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
5. How does the English woman react when Henry suggests going to a hotel?
(a) She tells him she is not that sort of girl.
(b) She slaps his face.
(c) She turns and runs away.
(d) She charges an outlandish price.
6. How does the blond woman react to Henry's offer of fifty francs?
(a) She is insulted and Henry fears she might make a scene.
(b) She accepts it with gratitude.
(c) She screams out that he is a miser.
(d) She laughs in his face and makes him ashamed.
7. What kind of work is Henry doing that is not very creative?
(a) Book binding
(c) Writing jingles
(d) Making ad layouts
8. What does Henry think will happen to the world if someone really writes his true thoughts and experiences?
(a) The world will reawaken.
(b) The world will g on turning.
(c) The world will destruct.
(d) The world will only sigh and go to sleep.
9. Where do Henry and Fillmore stumble in to get out of the cold?
(a) The train station
(b) The Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(c) A wax museum
(d) The Dome
10. What does Henry realize the moment he gets off the train in Dijon?
(a) That Dijon will be peaceful and good for him.
(b) That Dijon is exactly like Paris.
(c) That he is excited to have a job.
(d) That he had made a big mistake.
11. Why does Van Norden insist that his teeth are all rotten?
(a) Because of the water in Paris
(b) Because he lost his toothbrush
(c) Because of the bread in France
(d) Because his dentist is incompetent
12. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
(a) He owes too much money there.
(b) He is tired of going to the Dome.
(c) He does not like the decor.
(d) He was there only last night.
13. What is Henry's opinion about the war games that take place at the barracks next to Fillmore's place?
(a) He thinks that it makes him feel safe to be in France.
(b) He thinks that maybe he sould join the French Foriegn Legion.
(c) He thinks they are quite entertaining.
(d) He thinks they are depressing and utterly ridiculous.
14. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
(a) He invites Henry out to dinner.
(b) He tells Henry about the women he met that day.
(c) He uncorks some champagne.
(d) He goes to the table to see how many pages Henry has written that day.
15. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
(a) He is talentless but determined.
(b) If not a genius, he is certainly eccentric.
(c) He keeps Henry in money for posing nude for him.
(d) He is madly in love with his artist wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
2. How does Henry make the decision to go to the blonde woman's apartment?
3. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
4. How is Henry greeted by Macha when he first meets her?
5. What historical information does the photographer give to Henry?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)