Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main thing worrying Henry about his writing?
(a) Someone stealing his ideas
(b) Not knowing where he can sit to write
(c) Never having enough light to see by
(d) Having a serious writer's block
2. Where is Marlowe about to go?
(a) New York City
(c) San Francisco
3. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) An art critic
(b) A pearl merchant
(c) A Hindu mystic
(d) A newspaper publisher
4. What does Carl say makes him want to go to Arizona?
(a) It is a place where there is lots of space.
(b) It is a good place for his allergies.
(c) It is a place where he can find quiet to write.
(d) It is a place where they look you square in the eye.
5. Why can Henry not go to the cinema or into the opium joint?
(a) He needs to save the money to buy breakfast.
(b) He has been banned from both places.
(c) He can't afford to be seen there.
(d) He is short a few sous.
6. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
(a) He smokes foul smelling Indian cigars.
(b) He refuses to pay.
(c) He beats up a girl.
(d) He uses the bidet for a toilet.
7. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
8. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The toilet
(b) The furniture
(c) The view
(d) The heating system
9. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
(a) Fifty francs a week.
(b) Introductions to wealthy patrons.
(c) One meal a day and a place to sleep.
(d) A private loft where he can write.
10. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In bed
(b) In the hotel lobby
(c) In the Dome
(d) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
11. Where has Henry taken the young Hindu for his sexual experience?
(a) Miss Hamilton's joint
(b) The Dome
(c) To visit Tania
(d) The Rue du Pasteru-Wagner
12. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
(a) As an inept writer
(b) As a god
(c) As a pitiful human being
(d) As a great artist
13. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
14. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
15. What does Nanantatee's friend, Kelpi, do when Nanantatee is not at home?
(a) He looks for loose change in the sofa.
(b) He tells Henry secrets about Nanantatee.
(c) He sits on the front steps and waits for him.
(d) He raids the cabinet for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Emerson is correct in saying that life consists of what a man thinks, what is Henry at this point?
2. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
3. What lucky find does Henry make in the cafe?
4. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
5. Why is Boris intimidated by his wife?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)