Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1
1. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
2. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
3. Where are the people from who are coming to view the Villa Borghese apartment?
4. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
5. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
6. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
7. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
8. What is Henry's metaphor for his artistic suffering?
9. What is Henry's perception of Mr. Wren, the American artist and writer?
10. In what way does Henry say Carl and Boris are sufferers?
11. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
This section contains 1,973 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)