|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry stay warm on a cold Easter morning?
(a) In Eglise Ste.-Clotilde
(b) In the Dome
(c) In bed
(d) In the hotel lobby
2. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
(a) Sunshine and lilacs all year long
(b) No sorrows, no regrets, no past, no future
(c) No memories, no suffering, no interruptions
(d) Sitting down to a good meal daily
3. What does the American woman inquire about that astonishes Henry?
(a) The view
(b) The heating system
(c) The furniture
(d) The toilet
4. What happens in Henry's head as Moldorf reads the letter from Fanny, his wife in America?
(a) He thinks about his own wife, Mona
(b) He gets a migraine
(c) He daydreams of flying to America
(d) One of his surrealist fantasies
5. What effect does Henry think the homeless beggars have on society?
(a) They make us count our blessings.
(b) They make us bleed for five minutes, that is all.
(c) They frighten us in the dark.
(d) They make us change the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moldorf view Sylvester?
2. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
3. What has Van Norden taken up in preference to many women?
4. When the young girl's parents come to take her away, what saves Carl?
5. Why is Serge happy to meet Henry?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)