|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wild story Macha first tells Fillmore?
(a) That the studio was refusing to release her film.
(b) That she had thrown herself in the Seine after her film career stalled.
(c) That her lover had left her for another actress.
(d) That her family in Russia were in danger of being shot.
2. About what does Serge want to learn?
(b) California wines
3. Where is Henry staying as the novel opens?
(a) The Ritz Hotel
(b) The YMCA
(c) Villa Broghese
(d) The Dome
4. At the blonde woman's apartment, what feeling does Henry have when she goes to see her sick mother?
(a) He fears that some kind of scam is being pulled on him.
(b) He decides to leave and never come back.
(c) He feels that he is in some kind of drama that will be in the morning papers.
(d) He thinks the woman is holding out for more money.
5. What do Henry and Fillmore do when the priest chases them outside?
(a) They hop on a passing bus.
(b) They run as fast as their legs can carry them.
(c) They hide in a dark alley.
(d) They throw snowballs at the priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps get Henry out of Nanantatee's apartment much of the time?
2. What happens in the place where Macha is known and has her hand kissed repeatedly?
3. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
4. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
5. Why does Van Norden not want to go to the Dome?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)