|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take before Irene agrees to meet Carl in her hotel?
(a) Over a year
(b) Only a few weeks
(c) About six months
(d) The end of the year
2. What is Nanantatee's stated profession?
(a) A Hindu mystic
(b) A newspaper publisher
(c) A pearl merchant
(d) An art critic
3. What is Henry's description of Marlowe?
(a) A scarecrow in a cornfield
(b) The living epitome of Ickabod Crane
(c) A broomstick wearing clothes
(d) Nothing but a skull perforated by two deep sockets
4. What emotion does Claude arouse in Henry?
5. How does Henry see what he calls the inhuman race of artists?
(a) As divine angels of light
(b) As being stoned to death my the humans
(c) As standing on high places and ripping out their entrails
(d) As being able to sieze the unobtainable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Carl and Henry share in Carl's apartment?
2. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
3. What is Henry's view of his world?
4. What is his idea about his book?
5. How does Henry sum up his idea of le bel aujourd'hui?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)