|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Henry and Fillmore do when the priest chases them outside?
(a) They hop on a passing bus.
(b) They hide in a dark alley.
(c) They throw snowballs at the priest.
(d) They run as fast as their legs can carry them.
2. What effect does Henry think the homeless beggars have on society?
(a) They make us bleed for five minutes, that is all.
(b) They make us change the world.
(c) They frighten us in the dark.
(d) They make us count our blessings.
3. What does Fillmore want Henry to do?
(a) Bring him some wine
(b) Go tell his boss where he si
(c) Go see Ginette
(d) Smuggle him out of the hospital
4. What is his idea about his book?
(a) To present a resurrection of emotions
(b) To give it up because his ideas are too radical
(c) To write only what the public wants to read
(d) To imitate the best sellers of his day
5. What does Henry suggest is the task of the artist?
(a) To create something of his own out of the chaos around him
(b) To make bloated pages and erase petty intrusions
(c) To present only the beauty of the world
(d) To give the public what it wants
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
2. With what person does Henry compare his writing?
3. What does Henry resist taking from the Cronstadt baby?
4. What does Henry think will happen to the world if someone really writes his true thoughts and experiences?
5. What does Henry see as the only faults of Swift's mistress and model?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)