|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry suggest is the task of the artist?
(a) To make bloated pages and erase petty intrusions
(b) To present only the beauty of the world
(c) To give the public what it wants
(d) To create something of his own out of the chaos around him
2. What is Henry's assessment of Mark Swift?
(a) He keeps Henry in money for posing nude for him.
(b) He is madly in love with his artist wife.
(c) If not a genius, he is certainly eccentric.
(d) He is talentless but determined.
3. What is Henry's derogatory name for the Indian, Nanantatee?
(a) Mr. Not a Tree
(b) Mr. Nonentity
(c) Mr. Na-na-tatee
(d) Mr. Manatee
4. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
(b) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(c) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(d) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
5. What does Fillmore leave for Henry every morning after he moves in?
(a) A ten franc note
(b) A book to read
(c) Blank paper and a filled pen
(d) Breakfast in bedFrech coffee and croissants
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Henry and Fillmore stumble in to get out of the cold?
2. What is it in Irene's expensive hotel that makes Henry think about Van Norden?
3. Who urges Henry to run away to Russia with Tania?
4. What are they looking for in the church when the priest stops them?
5. If Emerson is correct in saying that life consists of what a man thinks, what is Henry at this point?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)