|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
(a) Peckover is transferred to Dijon and may take Henry with him.
(b) Peckover is fired and Henry may get the job.
(c) Peckover is getting a riase and will be able to help Henry.
(d) Peckover died and Henry may be mentioned in his will.
2. How does Henry describe Elsa's piano playing?
(a) Like broken pots and skulls clanking
(b) Like an out of tune organ
(c) Like wind howling through the trees
(d) Like divine music
3. What are they looking for in the church when the priest stops them?
(a) The collection box
(b) The exit
(c) The statue of the Virgin
(d) The candles
4. Why had Henry gone in to see a Rabbi?
(a) He was looking for a Jewish friend.
(b) He thought the synagogue was a school.
(c) He thought Jews would be more generous than Christians.
(d) He wanted instruction to become a Jew.
5. What is Henry's problem as the novel opens?
(a) He is seriously ill.
(b) He lost his wallet.
(c) He is about to be evicted.
(d) He needs a desk or table to write on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman is Henry obsessed with?
2. How does Henry say Moldorf hears his own voice?
3. What does Henry think will happen to the world if someone really writes his true thoughts and experiences?
4. What is his idea about his book?
5. What do Carl and Henry share in Carl's apartment?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)