|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fillmore so taken with Macha?
(a) He is impressed with her title.
(b) He expects her to fall in love with him.
(c) He believes she will make him a duke.
(d) He thinks she may know a princess for Henry.
2. What does Henry say is the worst writing job he undertook?
(a) Jingles for newspaper ads
(b) Instruction for assembling kitchen gadgets
(c) A thesis for a deaf and dumb psychologist
(d) Children's stories about a mouse
3. What is the best thing Henry notes about Kruger, the painter and sculptor?
(a) He is also a great chef.
(b) He is a splendid housekeeper.
(c) He is unbelievably wealthy.
(d) He has many contacts in the publishing world.
4. What does Van Norden use to bribe Henry into helping him?
(a) A few hundred francs
(b) His black book of names of girls who have sex for free
(c) The promise of a meal now and then
(d) A place to write
5. On what are Henry and Boris talking about collaborating?
(a) The End of Innocence
(b) The Last Book
(c) A History of the Left Bank
(d) The Death of the World
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally gets the Russian princess out of Fillmore's apartment?
2. Why does Boris not introduce Henry to the American woman who comes to see the apartment?
3. Who are most of Henry's friends in Paris?
4. What is Henry's behavior just before he leaves the blonde woman's room?
5. Describe the ridiculous method Fillmore has of getting women into his bedroom.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)