|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think about when he listens to Debussy?
(a) He thinks about where he can find a place to stay.
(b) He wonders how a woman feels during sex.
(c) He thinks about bedbugs and fleas.
(d) He thinks about his next meal.
2. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
(a) The body odor of the Russians
(b) The smell of disinfectants
(c) The smell of cooking with rancid butter
(d) The stale smoke in the room
3. Why could Henry never show Mona the Paris he loves?
(a) The Paris he loves is only in his mind.
(b) Mona never stays long enough for him to do it.
(c) It can only be seen through loneliness and hunger.
(d) He cannot take her to the places like the Dome.
4. What does Fillmore do when he arrives home from work in the evenings?
(a) He goes to the table to see how many pages Henry has written that day.
(b) He invites Henry out to dinner.
(c) He uncorks some champagne.
(d) He tells Henry about the women he met that day.
5. How does Henry slightly disagree with Papini?
(a) Papini desires to be alone; Henry wants loneliness.
(b) Papini flirts with religion; Henry refutes religion.
(c) Papini needs opera; Henry prefers musical comedy.
(d) Papini advises fasting; Henry advises feating.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry make a little extra money while he is at Fillmore's place?
2. What does the young Hindu do that upsets the madame?
3. Who used to call Henry a great human being?
4. What is Henry's view of his world?
5. What does Henry buy with the money he takes from Peckover?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)