|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry always looking for a free meal?
(a) He is too miserly to buy for himself.
(b) He is perpetually hungry.
(c) He is trying to cut down on his expenses.
(d) He wants people to feel sorry for him.
2. How does Henry justify keeping the money Fillmore gave him to give to Ginette?
(a) She is the one who put Fillmore in the hospital.
(b) She wants money to buy heroin.
(c) She claims she comes from a wealthy family.
(d) She has not known Fillmore as long as he has.
3. What does Henry have to tone down on his new job?
(a) His looking for free meals
(b) His vocabulary
(c) His style of dressing
(d) His singing
4. What is the condition of the beds in the commune?
(a) They have no blankets against the cold nights.
(b) They are used by three or four people at once.
(c) They are straw mats on a hard floor.
(d) They are crawling with bedbugs.
5. What surrounds Henry on his walk on the Rue de Buci?
(a) Hotels and food
(b) Sidewalk food venders
(c) Beggars asking for food
(d) Police looking at him suspiciously
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Henry the money he has upon returning from Le Havre?
2. What is Henry's view of his world?
3. To torment Carl, what gossip does Marlowe whisper in his ear?
4. In spite of Marlowe's assurances, what do Carl and Henry know he will not do?
5. What does Henry see as the only faults of Swift's mistress and model?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)