|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Peckover that may benefit Henry?
(a) Peckover is transferred to Dijon and may take Henry with him.
(b) Peckover is fired and Henry may get the job.
(c) Peckover is getting a riase and will be able to help Henry.
(d) Peckover died and Henry may be mentioned in his will.
2. Why does Henry enjoy the company of the photographer?
(a) Because he is less intelligent than Henry
(b) Because of his thorough knowledge of Paris
(c) Because he always has money
(d) Because he enjoys posing for him
3. What does Serge offer Henry in exchange for his services?
(a) A private loft where he can write.
(b) Fifty francs a week.
(c) One meal a day and a place to sleep.
(d) Introductions to wealthy patrons.
4. How are Boris and Henry planning to write THE LAST BOOK?
(b) In French and German
(c) Each one writing every other chapter
(d) Dictating to a secretary
5. What makes Henry feel ill when he opens the door of the commune?
(a) The body odor of the Russians
(b) The smell of cooking with rancid butter
(c) The smell of disinfectants
(d) The stale smoke in the room
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Sylvester if he can stay with him until he goes to bed?
2. What is Henry's curious speculation about Mona?
3. What was Carl's problem with Irene?
4. If Emerson is correct in saying that life consists of what a man thinks, what is Henry at this point?
5. Who used to call Henry a great human being?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)